I've had enough of the Israel-bashing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:25:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  I've had enough of the Israel-bashing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I've had enough of the Israel-bashing  (Read 6214 times)
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« on: July 10, 2010, 05:40:35 PM »

I'm sorry that I bash a country that has stolen land, violated international law, and waged preemptive wars of expansion.  That's only part of it.  I'm mostly just sick of the Israel Cheerleaders in the United States, who think we should waste billions nannying the country.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 08:42:25 PM »

LOL no. 'Israel' is the aggressor, occupying what is rightfully Palestinian land.

I wonder who was ready to accept UN compromise back in 1948 and who rejected it all? Take a wild guess.

Jews were only about a third of the population of Palestine, and Arabs owned most of the land in every district.  The partition plan was entirely unfavorable to them.  Of course they rejected it.

Many Zionists accepted the partition plan, because it would be a step towards control of all of Palestine.  As David Ben-Gurion said, "[A]fter we become a strong force, as the result of the creation of a state, we shall abolish partition and expand to the whole of Palestine."
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 01:43:22 PM »

Happily, the intellectual elite is far removed from the passions that stir the masses, whose hearts (at least still in the US) have some mysterious reverence for Israel.

That "mysterious reverence" for Israel was probably put there by the elite.  It's not normal for people to care so much about a country that is thousands of miles away, that has no influence on their lives.  They have to be told B.S. reasons why Israel is important, and why they should support the miserable country.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies