Pence to visit Iowa again; Gingrich to SC; Pawlenty to IA and NH (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:38:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Pence to visit Iowa again; Gingrich to SC; Pawlenty to IA and NH (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pence to visit Iowa again; Gingrich to SC; Pawlenty to IA and NH  (Read 1459 times)
Bull Moose Base

« on: August 03, 2010, 07:02:59 PM »

I'm calling Pence the dark horse Republican whose potential to pull an upset in the primary is the most overlooked.

Wins in November by Angle and Rand Paul could embolden the Teabaggers to reject the imperfect conservative Romney in favor of a more "pure" conservative.  Palin, Huckabee and Gingrich are the best known and positioned alternatives to Romney but there's a pretty strong opportunity cost to all of their candidacies as well as major flaws in each.  I could see two or all three taking a pass on 2012.  I don't think Pence will run if Daniels does but I think Daniels is a long shot to do so.  If Pence's competition to become the early and major alternative to Romney is limited to people like Pawlenty, Thune, Santorum, Johnson, Barbour, he's well-poised to pass more "tests" than anyone else/generate more enthusiasm among the two demographics needed to separate himself- social conservatives and (despite his long record in congress) anti-government Teabaggers.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 09:03:59 PM »

Dear Mister Beet,

I will now refudiate you.  My armchair psychoanalysis leads me to the conclusion you are still traumatized by the insurgent Obama campaign of 2008 that derailed the campaign you were on and continue to live in fear of it happening again.  But Obama is one of the greatest stumpers of all-time and, despite the Right-wing hypocrisy machine freaking over his telepromptiness, in the 2008 campaign was able to discuss policy fluently without a script, debate and interview well, and exuded intelligence.  Palin on the other hand without a script came across as one of the least prepared people to be president in America, including Charlie Sheen.   The chances of her unraveling in a hilarious way are high.  And that's if she even runs which I tend to doubt she herself has decided yet.  If she does, Keith Olbermann will become obsessed with ranting against her, which I agree could help her in a primary.  If she's able not to trip badly, by all means it could lead to the outcome you predict.  But as a politician, she's no Obama and, left to speak off the top of her head, could also implode before our very dropped jaws.

Feel better,
Joementum
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies