Pence to visit Iowa again; Gingrich to SC; Pawlenty to IA and NH (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:34:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Pence to visit Iowa again; Gingrich to SC; Pawlenty to IA and NH (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pence to visit Iowa again; Gingrich to SC; Pawlenty to IA and NH  (Read 1462 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 04, 2010, 01:36:22 PM »

I'm calling Pence the dark horse Republican whose potential to pull an upset in the primary is the most overlooked.

I'd probably agree with that.  Not really sure what Pence's intentions are.  From what I've read, he no longer seems interested in climbing the leadership ladder in the House, even if the GOP wins the House this November.  He may very well opt out of any leadership position in the next Congress, regardless of which party wins control.  He'll probably run for either president, governor or senator (Lugar's seat, if Lugar retires).  I honestly have no idea which of those he goes for.

I'm going to guess either Senator or Governor.  He's only 51, so really he could be setting himself up for a run in 2016 or 2020 (depending on who wins 2012).  A lot of it is dependent on what Daniels does.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 06:24:44 PM »

Beet, I think that you're mistaking the crowd that likes Palin and will buy her books and listen to her speak but don't think she is qualified to be president with die-hard Palinites.  Once the primaries open up and a qualified conservative alternative that isn't gaff prone and doesn't have a lot of baggage in their family life, a lot of conservatives will break to him (or her).  Like Mr. Morden said, it is still way too early to call it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies