Make Internet Sales Fair Act [On the President's Desk] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:04:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Make Internet Sales Fair Act [On the President's Desk] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Make Internet Sales Fair Act [On the President's Desk]  (Read 4456 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: July 15, 2010, 06:35:44 PM »
« edited: July 15, 2010, 06:38:30 PM by bgwah »

Why are the first $5 million exempt? Is this the case for offline sales?

How do you determine where they pay the sales tax? Where they are actually purchased? So could someone just go from their higher sales tax city to a library in a neighboring lower sales tax city to avoid paying taxes? I suppose this is the case in real life, but this could make a large difference in tax revenue for large purchases. I think the purchaser should pay the sales tax of their residency...
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 10:19:38 PM »

You mention shipping as a disadvantage, but what about the advantages they have, such as providing products customers may not be able to find in person? Besides, don't the customers generally pay the shipping fee themselves anyway? I cannot help but wonder if this will cause more of a disadvantage for brick and mortar retailers.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »

I'm still uncomfortable with the $500,000 exemption part. I would definitely vote aye if not for that. I'm going to have to abstain for now...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies