Who is the most smartest poster on the Atlas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 10:04:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who is the most smartest poster on the Atlas?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Who is the most smartest poster on the Atlas?  (Read 3817 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2010, 06:50:26 PM »

I probably wouldn't be, statistically.

You're so modest.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2010, 12:47:53 PM »

Torie and Al.

Also, don't be surprised to see Gustaf nominate himself.
Nah.. that's not how he operates.  He would, instead, tell everybody else how stupid they are and simply assert his intellectual superiority by process of elimination.

Hey don't be harsh on Gustaf, he's from Stockholm, it's in their nature to be arrogant Wink (And he is of course very smart as well) 

I have no doubt that he is very intelligent.  I just don't get along with him at all.  I'm probably just as much to blame for that as he is.  But I have a feeling he thinks it's all my fault.  Smiley

I have no idea why you consider me to be so arrogant. But I don't mind you and Bgwah hating on me, since I'm fairly used to it.

As to fault, it depends on definition. I was unable to tolerate some of the things you did a long time ago. Whether that was because I was intolerant or because you were acting like a jerk is obviously up to debate. Over the past two years or so you attack me every now and then and whether that is due to you or me being a jerk is also similarily debatable.

But obviously my opinion would naturally tend to lean in one direction...

Regarding the thread it's really impossible to say since smart is a difficult term. Those members who are professors obviously have spent a lot of time doing very educating things. Some of our younger posters may well rival some of those posters once they're 40 if they make similar choices. Likewise, the 14-year olds don't appear too smart right now due to their age.

And on an internet forum what makes you look smart is mostly your writing skills. Everything else can easily be kept secret. 

Having said all that, most of the candidates have already been mentioned. People like Ag and Muon, Torie, Al, etc.

Smartness to me is something of a negative quality in the sense that I view someone as smart if they have not done various stupid things. Lots of people have not done any of those things as far as I know so I can't distinguish between them very easily.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies