Tom Corbett deserves his poll numbers how?????
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:34:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Tom Corbett deserves his poll numbers how?????
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Tom Corbett deserves his poll numbers how?????  (Read 2658 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2010, 05:46:57 PM »

The attitude from a couple of posters in this thread about how people should just "go get a job" is hilariously naive and frightening in how widespread such a stupid sentiment is.

No, but there is a mindset in PA like that.

Here is a letter to the Centre County PA paper:  http://www.centredaily.com/2010/07/17/2098858/unemployment-system-needs-work.html?pageNum=1&&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comments_Container

It was posted after I commented on this thread.

A lot of the comments on it are like that.

Gee, I read the Inquirer's article and most of those posters were grilling Corbett for his assinine comments.  With PA's unemployment @ 9.4% reported and about 20% actual, I don't think Corbett's reasonating with people.  He made a gaffe and if Onorato exploits this correctly, and he still can, he will definitely come from behind. 

If Philadelphia was whole (as opposed the hole) of Pennsylvania, it would.  Tom Corbett, Space Cadet, is tapping into the dissatisfaction a lot of folks are feeling.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2010, 07:15:14 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2010, 07:17:51 PM by ICE HOCKEY »

The attitude from a couple of posters in this thread about how people should just "go get a job" is hilariously naive and frightening in how widespread such a stupid sentiment is.

No, but there is a mindset in PA like that.

Here is a letter to the Centre County PA paper:  http://www.centredaily.com/2010/07/17/2098858/unemployment-system-needs-work.html?pageNum=1&&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comments_Container

It was posted after I commented on this thread.

A lot of the comments on it are like that.

Gee, I read the Inquirer's article and most of those posters were grilling Corbett for his assinine comments.  With PA's unemployment @ 9.4% reported and about 20% actual, I don't think Corbett's reasonating with people.  He made a gaffe and if Onorato exploits this correctly, and he still can, he will definitely come from behind.  

If Philadelphia was whole (as opposed the hole) of Pennsylvania, it would.  Tom Corbett, Space Cadet, is tapping into the dissatisfaction a lot of folks are feeling.

I don't know.  There are a lot of unemployed in the Philadelphia suburbs.  The Lehigh and Lackawanna Valleys in NE Pennsylvania are getting absolutely hammered.  I fail to see who he's "reasonating" with.  If Corbett struggles in these areas, which I think he eventually will, he's going to have major issues.  This state did not vote for Obama by 11 for no reason.  This is my sleeper pick and I'm sticking to it.  I've been at job fairs with unemployed West Point grads with Wharton MBAs and CPAs with JD/LLMs in Taxation to boot.  And it's beyond just the ghettos of inner city Philadelphia. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2010, 01:48:26 PM »

I don't know.  There are a lot of unemployed in the Philadelphia suburbs.  The Lehigh and Lackawanna Valleys in NE Pennsylvania are getting absolutely hammered.  I fail to see who he's "reasonating" with.  If Corbett struggles in these areas, which I think he eventually will, he's going to have major issues.  This state did not vote for Obama by 11 for no reason.  This is my sleeper pick and I'm sticking to it.  I've been at job fairs with unemployed West Point grads with Wharton MBAs and CPAs with JD/LLMs in Taxation to boot.  And it's beyond just the ghettos of inner city Philadelphia. 

It isn't the unemployment rate, it is who is unemployed.  It resonates with the working class that doesn't get have the MBA's.  They say, "Why should they be getting that money when I have to work.  They don't want to do the kind of work I do, because it is 'beneath them.'"

I'm not arguing hthe comment has merit, but I am saying, it plays well.  Corbett will probably be te next Governor, possibly without my vote.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies