2009 Maine Proposition 1 Referendum by town (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:18:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2009 Maine Proposition 1 Referendum by town (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2009 Maine Proposition 1 Referendum by town  (Read 7159 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: July 13, 2010, 11:01:42 PM »
« edited: July 13, 2010, 11:04:06 PM by Lunar »

You would think the results would have been less close by looking at the map. It definitely highlights No on 1's downfall, which was outreach in central Maine. Had they focused on Lewiston and Augusta as much as Portland and the York region, it would have been different.

Not to mention, if Maine gets a sh**t Republican governor this year, there won't be another shot at it for a while.

My impression of the campaign defending gay marriage in Maine that it was much tighter and better organized than the Prop 8 folks in CA -.

I wasn't aware of the ins and outs, but the TV ads produced in Maine were among some of the tightest and well targeted I've ever seen regarding the issue, for example.  From what I read, their organization seemed very spot on too.  Right until the end I sincerely believed that their organizational strength was going to pull them across the finish line

It's just a hard issue to win on referendum -- for now, will be different by 2012 & beyond
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies