The futur of the dem party: Edwards or Hillary? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:27:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  The futur of the dem party: Edwards or Hillary? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The futur of the dem party must be Edwards or H Clinton? (to win next election)
Edwards (I'm D)

Hillary Clinton (I'm D)

Edwards (I'm R)

Hillary Clinton (I'm R)

Edwards (I'm other)

Hillary Clinton (I'm other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: The futur of the dem party: Edwards or Hillary?  (Read 37976 times)
struct310
Rookie

« on: November 03, 2004, 08:48:51 PM »

The only way the democrats can win in the next election is if they pick Joe Lieberman, Evan Bayh, or a candidate from the far west for president.  Its as simple as that.  This election proved that faith, moral values, and a connection with your voters really is important.  Northeasterners just dont get it, and they make fun of it.  So many liberals(not on this board) after this loss have done exactly what cost them this election: "The south is stupid, social conservatives are stupid, theyre bigots and theyre stupid bigots at that.  They are especially stupid for voting for bush again."
The democrats must move to the center and become a center left party because the pendulum has swung to the far right irregardless whether Bush won by 3% because he recieved a social values mandate.
struct310
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 02:34:11 AM »

I think the best nominee for the dems in '08 would be Senator Bayh.
Being from Indiana originally, Bayh doesnt play the games his party plays and is probably the second most conservative democratic senator currently in office...zell takes top honors.  Plus knowing how to win landslide elections in republican landslide states is quite an ability...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies