The Voice - Atlasia's Opinion Blog (Second Debate on Feb. 8, 1 PM PST)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 03:30:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Voice - Atlasia's Opinion Blog (Second Debate on Feb. 8, 1 PM PST)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Voice - Atlasia's Opinion Blog (Second Debate on Feb. 8, 1 PM PST)  (Read 3431 times)
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 15, 2010, 09:01:12 PM »
« edited: February 07, 2011, 11:11:07 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

The Voice will be hosting the Second Presidential Debate on Tuesday, February 8, at 1 PM PST.  Please send me any questions you wish me to ask the candidates.

Hey all!  I'm starting up a blog based on political and social events concerning Atlasia!  If any of you are interested in having your voice heard here, send a PM and I'll add you to the team.

Now, part of the point of this blog is to voice opinion about what Atlasia's citizens find interesting.  So give suggestions on what I should write on first.Smiley
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 11:55:38 PM »

THE DEAL WITH "SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS"
by ArchangelZero

Ever since Purple State took office, there's been an interesting phenomenon going on around Atlasia.  The formation of "Special Interest Groups".  Associations, orders, coalitions, and whatever other clever synonyms for the word "group" have been emerging and taking Atlasia by storm.  But this one citizen asks, "Why?"

Why now, out of all times.  Why is there, out of nowhere, all of this organizations popping up everywhere we look? 

Looking into this from a deeper perspective.  Well, I might be able to pinpoint why this has happened all of a sudden.

The Senate recently passed the controversial Ludlow Amendment, creating a referendum giving Atlasian citizens the choice of going to war.  With the passing of the amendment, two groups rose;  the Peace Caucus (led by everyone's favourite anarchist Senator Libertas), and the Defense Caucus (led by self-proclaimed madman DSoFE Teddy).  This formed the genesis of what would spawn at least four more organizations with the intent of getting their own agenda passed.

Now, I'm not saying that it's completely unnecessary for our citizens to want to have little playgroups to try and get whatever goals they want reached (as if there's much we can do around Atlasia anymore), but why now?

Even with a new Senate, it just seems out of place for these to be forming now.

Of course, there's always the easy explanation is that Atlasia is full of attention whores.  But there's no truth in that.

Comments/Suggestions for next blog?
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 11:59:10 PM »

^ The main reason is that people want to manufacture more power by creating minions in a group setting. I am the lone exception because I give power to other people.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 12:01:55 AM »

by ArchangelZero

Ever since Purple State took office, there's been an interesting phenomenon going on around Atlasia.  The formation of "Special Interest Groups".  Associations, orders, coalitions, and whatever other clever synonyms for the word "group" have been emerging and taking Atlasia by storm.  But this one citizen asks, "Why?"

Why now, out of all times.  Why is there, out of nowhere, all of this organizations popping up everywhere we look? 

Looking into this from a deeper perspective.  Well, I might be able to pinpoint why this has happened all of a sudden.

The Senate recently passed the controversial Ludlow Amendment, creating a referendum giving Atlasian citizens the choice of going to war.  With the passing of the amendment, two groups rose;  the Peace Caucus (led by everyone's favourite anarchist Senator Libertas), and the Defense Caucus (led by self-proclaimed madman DSoFE Teddy).  This formed the genesis of what would spawn at least four more organizations with the intent of getting their own agenda passed.

Now, I'm not saying that it's completely unnecessary for our citizens to want to have little playgroups to try and get whatever goals they want reached (as if there's much we can do around Atlasia anymore), but why now?

Of course, there's always the easy explanation is that Atlasia is full of attention whores.  But there's no truth in that.

Well Doctor, I agree on this.

It should be noted though that the Peace Caucus was founded first, before all these other groups appeared, and for a specific purpose. I realized we lacked the organizational structure to succeed in implementing pro-peace policies that aren't popular with the establishment crowd. I believe if the Peace Caucus had been up-and-running, we would have had a much better chance of getting out the vote to pass the Ludlow Amendment in the regions. In the future, we will be prepared.

The rest of the caucuses and lobbies are just imitators. Tongue
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 08:30:06 PM »

by ArchangelZero

It should be noted though that the Peace Caucus was founded first, before all these other groups appeared, and for a specific purpose. I realized we lacked the organizational structure to succeed in implementing pro-peace policies that aren't popular with the establishment crowd. I believe if the Peace Caucus had been up-and-running, we would have had a much better chance of getting out the vote to pass the Ludlow Amendment in the regions. In the future, we will be prepared.

As I said, it's strange that any organizations weren't up and running in the first place.  Just doesn't make sense to me for them to rise now, especially in the midst of a very probable Atlasian reboot.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 09:03:39 PM »

Bump for suggestions and comments on next blog. (I need ideas)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 09:05:54 PM »

by ArchangelZero

Ever since Purple State took office, there's been an interesting phenomenon going on around Atlasia.  The formation of "Special Interest Groups".  Associations, orders, coalitions, and whatever other clever synonyms for the word "group" have been emerging and taking Atlasia by storm.  But this one citizen asks, "Why?"

Why now, out of all times.  Why is there, out of nowhere, all of this organizations popping up everywhere we look?  

Looking into this from a deeper perspective.  Well, I might be able to pinpoint why this has happened all of a sudden.

The Senate recently passed the controversial Ludlow Amendment, creating a referendum giving Atlasian citizens the choice of going to war.  With the passing of the amendment, two groups rose;  the Peace Caucus (led by everyone's favourite anarchist Senator Libertas), and the Defense Caucus (led by self-proclaimed madman DSoFE Teddy).  This formed the genesis of what would spawn at least four more organizations with the intent of getting their own agenda passed.

Of course, there's always the easy explanation is that Atlasia is full of attention whores.  But there's no truth in that.

As I said, it's strange that any organizations weren't up and running in the first place.  Just doesn't make sense to me for them to rise now, especially in the midst of a very probable Atlasian reboot.

Well reboot or not, I intend to keep fighting in favor of peace and respect.

Why don't you join us? Tongue
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 10:23:35 PM »

by ArchangelZero

Ever since Purple State took office, there's been an interesting phenomenon going on around Atlasia.  The formation of "Special Interest Groups".  Associations, orders, coalitions, and whatever other clever synonyms for the word "group" have been emerging and taking Atlasia by storm.  But this one citizen asks, "Why?"

Why now, out of all times.  Why is there, out of nowhere, all of this organizations popping up everywhere we look?  

Looking into this from a deeper perspective.  Well, I might be able to pinpoint why this has happened all of a sudden.

The Senate recently passed the controversial Ludlow Amendment, creating a referendum giving Atlasian citizens the choice of going to war.  With the passing of the amendment, two groups rose;  the Peace Caucus (led by everyone's favourite anarchist Senator Libertas), and the Defense Caucus (led by self-proclaimed madman DSoFE Teddy).  This formed the genesis of what would spawn at least four more organizations with the intent of getting their own agenda passed.

Of course, there's always the easy explanation is that Atlasia is full of attention whores.  But there's no truth in that.

As I said, it's strange that any organizations weren't up and running in the first place.  Just doesn't make sense to me for them to rise now, especially in the midst of a very probable Atlasian reboot.

Well reboot or not, I intend to keep fighting in favor of peace and respect.

Why don't you join us? Tongue

I prefer not to be partial to either group, which is why I haven't joined any organizations (besides the Green Lobby, but what kind of opposition does that even have here?).

I might make a blog following up on the concerns about the Ludlow Amendment later tonight or tomorrow.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 12:23:30 AM »

I'm restarting this thing, mainly due to the fact that I am appalled by what's been happening as of late.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 12:41:16 AM »

WHERE ARE OUR MINDS?
by ArchangelZero

First and foremost, I would like to state that I do not wish to insult anyone, however from the recent leaks, as well as the state of the economy, this is being taken out of proportion.

= = =

Approximately two weeks ago, the UDL approached me with a proposal.  In order to save the game, we had to break ranks with the JCP and revitalize the left-wing.  Even though I was present at the founding meeting and gave moral support, I didn't become part of the UDL.  Now, some may ask, why?

It was a simple reason really.  I needed the time to do some "soul-searching" if you will about things.  I wasn't expecting the UDL to take off so quickly or the JCP to be wounded so severely - it was only a day after the first meeting, and I felt everything was going much to fast.  Around this time, I did break ranks with the JCP, however it was not to become part of any partisan group, but rather, to break ties with partisan affiliation in order to see how events unfold.

And yes, I did know that there was so much distrust looming among both the JCP and the UDL, and I knew I had to let the drama die down before coming to a party.  However, I never expected that it would come to this.

As the recent leaks have suggested, the parties may have actually begun to form backroom deals in order to gain the upper hand in Atlasia.  Which is all hunky dory until someone squeals.  Then all hell breaks loose.

So many personal offenses, so much distrust coming between us Atlasians.  Is this what we've come to?  A violent game of "He Said, She Said"?  What kind of bull**** is going on here? 

We are better than that.  And I wholeheartedly believe that we are not that kind of monster just yet.  Yes, controversy sells, but at times it goes too far.  Members and ex-members clashing, pointing fingers at one another, plotting and conspiracy and who knows how much truth there is to that?  There has been too much focus on these issues and our relations are worse than ever in recent history. 

With all these leaks and partisan deals going on, lest we forget, the economy is in shambles.  A stimulus has been proposed and has anybody besides the Administration really noticed?  Shouldn't we be focusing our attention on the fact that the ATSE crashed rather than these silly partisan politics?  I would think we should.

Please tell me that we all still have an ounce of sanity left and that we haven't lost our heads.  At least, not yet.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 12:51:06 AM »

The UDL has not been privy to any backroom deals.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 12:53:10 AM »

"May have" Tongue

Nevertheless, the overwhelming amount of attention on it in a time of national crisis isn't exactly neccessary.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 12:53:56 AM »

Though clearly it puts us at a competitive disadvantage. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 01:21:16 AM »

I'd just like to say that I object to the painting of all parties with the same broad brush; there has been far more evidence of deal-making by some parties than by others. The UDL was founded on the principle of openness, and the idea that one-party domination was bad for Atlasia. Certainly the latter concept has been borne out; it's been quite a while since Atlasia has seen anything like this late drama. However, the former axiom prevents us from joining in it, for we are a party founded upon democracy, both internal and external. If anyone will deny that the UDL has thus far been run in a democratic fashion, I would like to hear him.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 01:26:15 AM »

I'd just like to say that I object to the painting of all parties with the same broad brush; there has been far more evidence of deal-making by some parties than by others. The UDL was founded on the principle of openness, and the idea that one-party domination was bad for Atlasia. Certainly the latter concept has been borne out; it's been quite a while since Atlasia has seen anything like this late drama. However, the former axiom prevents us from joining in it, for we are a party founded upon democracy, both internal and external. If anyone will deny that the UDL has thus far been run in a democratic fashion, I would like to hear him.

I do not have the intention with painting all the parties as the same stroke, however, whether it may come off that way, it is not the point I'm trying to make.  I am simply saying that this whole situation is being blown out of proportion and during a national time of crisis, we shouldn't be paying as much attention to it as we seem to be.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 01:31:10 AM »

The proposal put forward to save the economy with a $77.5 billion price tag comes from the regional governments as well as my office's estimates. I put in considerable efforts to press for Senate involvement to help this economy.

Let me say also, once and for all, I'm sure the Council & Chairman Polnut will back me up on this: The UDL will NOT engage in backroom deals with any party in order to kill off another party. I want everyone to get the message now... We are not going to attempt to kill off another party! The end. Period.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 01:47:56 AM »

The proposal put forward to save the economy with a $77.5 billion price tag comes from the regional governments as well as my office's estimates. I put in considerable efforts to press for Senate involvement to help this economy.

Let me say also, once and for all, I'm sure the Council & Chairman Polnut will back me up on this: The UDL will NOT engage in backroom deals with any party in order to kill off another party. I want everyone to get the message now... We are not going to attempt to kill off another party! The end. Period.

I am not saying you are.  Note the word "may".  And it's not necessarily you guys.Tongue

As I said, people just need to focus less on the Partisan issues and look more to the We-all-gonna-die issues.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 01:52:50 AM »

I am not saying you are.  Note the word "may".  And it's not necessarily you guys.Tongue

As I said, people just need to focus less on the Partisan issues and look more to the We-all-gonna-die issues.

Be that as it may, my friend, but I'm not going to engage in any attempt to kill another party. I can only speak for the UDL.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 11:35:38 PM »

I am glad that tempers have cooled a bit and we can begin to focus on other issues.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 11:43:30 PM »

I completely agree with these sentiments, this party will not undertake such practices, and if I even get a hint of it, I will act personally and swiftly.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 04:33:56 AM »
« Edited: January 03, 2011, 05:00:51 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

I would like to announce that The Voice will sponsor a future debate for national candidates in the upcoming February election, with yours truly serving as a moderator.  The tentative date set for this debate will be January 22nd - 23rd (although, I would rather do a real time chat debate, if that can be arranged).  This will be a Presidential Debate.  Whether there will be a Vice Presidential debate held around the same time is tentative.  IF YOU ARE A CANDIDATE AGREEING TO DEBATE, PLEASE CONFIRM IN THIS THREAD.  IF THERE ARE ANY ATLASIANS WITH SPECIFIC QUESTIONS THEY WISH ASKED, PLEASE PM THEM TO ME AND I WILL TRY MY BEST TO ASK THEM DURING THE DEBATE.
Yates

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.54

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 05:11:29 AM »

Looking forward to it!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 09:54:44 AM »

I'd be more than happy to participate in a forum, not chat, debate. Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 11:46:25 AM »

I look forward to taking part in this debate. Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 03:19:42 PM »

I will of course participate and look forward to it.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies