OHIO plus overseas votes.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:56:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  OHIO plus overseas votes.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OHIO plus overseas votes.  (Read 3382 times)
senorboogie woogie
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2004, 08:20:18 AM »

Hola!

I read from a poster either here, or at American Forums that Ohio was going to be the Florida of 2004.

Bush won Ohio. He beat Kerry by 135,000 votes out of about 4 1/2 million cast. Fairly cut and dry. No reports of feck-ups like in Florida. What's the hold up on calling the state? Overseas voters who are mostly military voters? The state of Ohio is governed by a Republican, who appoints the Secretary of State that validates the results.

Sorry Kerry, you and pretty boy were beat by Knucklehead and the Dancing Fascist NeoCons. Go back home, lick your wounds. The job of president is bullsh**t anyway. You are so rich, still have a voice in the Senate, I think you are probably an OK dude, you lost. By 3 percent. You lost Ohio. You picked a VP that was of absolutely no help to you. The kids (18 to 21) were slackers and did not vote either. The youth vote is a fallacy anyway, they usually vote like their parents do, or people in their region.

Bush won over Kerry by 3 percent nationally. If Kerry contests this, and wins, he will be seen exactly like Bush was, a President who was elected by a minority of voters. I don't want that happening again please. I want the president who were voted in by the most people.

To Bush, you won. That's scary to say. I live overseas and are disliked here. My country is not as respected as it once was. I know you don't care, nor should you. If I could write history, McCain would be President and you would be in Crawford, a forgotten Texas governor. How many more people will have to die because of your  perverted definition of morality and reason?

sh**t! The Alaskan marijuana initiative failed too.

Senor

dougrhess

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 09:11:31 AM »

I think the Edwards VP choice was unavoidable given his popularity in the primaries, but I agree that he was of no help. It's too bad that people didn't look more seriously to Sen. Graham (Grahm? Gram?) of Florida for VP, he had loads of national security experience, and people love him in FL. Maybe he wasn't interested.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 10:08:00 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2004, 10:14:58 AM by Umengus »

"Bush is currently leading in Ohio by 136,221
If there are 250,000 provisional ballots outstanding.  The highest number I've seen.

And 90% of those ballots are good, as they were in 2000.  That leaves 225,000 votes.

If 85% of those ballots prove to be for Kerry, about the number that Gore got in 2000.  That leaves us with 191,250, giving us a lead of 55,029.

If there are only 200,000 provisionals, following the same calculation would leave us with a lead of 16,779.

If the provisional ballots are only 175,000 that leaves us with a deficit of -2,346 that will leaves us in a position to get an automatic statewide recount.

Or, to put it another way, an automatic recount is triggered by a margin of 0.25% or between 13,000 and 16,000 votes."

(source: dailykos)

mmmmmm...

85% abstantee ballot in 2000 were for gore?
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 10:09:23 AM »

They were not. Not even close, in fact I think they went Bush.

Also- not all provisional ballots will be approved. Thought to be 2/3.

It's over. Mathematically and otherwise.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 10:44:32 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2004, 10:52:36 AM by The Vorlon »

Acording to the Ohio Secretary of State there are 135,149 outstanding provisional ballots.

Bush current lead is 136,221 votes.

Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 10:48:42 AM »

Kerry campaign says 250 000... 
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 10:51:50 AM »

Who is in a better position to actually know as opposes to guess..?
RN
Nixon
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 10:52:39 AM »

I am sure the Kerry campaign says that there are a million "special" votes out there, all coincidentally for Kerry.  Jeez, Kerry is making the Democratic party look bad.  
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2004, 10:56:42 AM »

and there is still absantee ballots in Iowa and in New mexico. Maybe that Kerry can take NM but probably not Iowa.
Bogart
bogart414
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -5.39

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 11:07:26 AM »

Regarding the provisionals, I doubt that even 2/3 will be legal votes. I heard (can't remember where) this morning that in the primary earlier this year that less than half of the provisionals were found to be valid votes. Of course, even if they ALL were and ALL went to Kerry, it's still not enough. This is especially true once the military vote comes in--increasing the existing margin in Bush's favor.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies