Hypothetical.......Edwards v. Bush?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:52:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hypothetical.......Edwards v. Bush?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hypothetical.......Edwards v. Bush?  (Read 3868 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 15, 2004, 05:08:50 PM »

Let's imagine the average Democratic voter in this year's primaries had a brain cell or two?  What would the general election look like?  I say moderate blowout.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 05:10:22 PM »

A little too good. Depends on Edwards VP pick, etc. But that's in the right direction. THough I think New Hampshire might have stayed Rep with Edwards as the nominee, but that's a guess.
zachman

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 05:12:11 PM »

Edwards would have done better in NH than Kerry will. I agree completely with the map except that Nevada will go for the dems. before arizona does.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 05:13:47 PM »

A little too good. Depends on Edwards VP pick, etc. But that's in the right direction. THough I think New Hampshire might have stayed Rep with Edwards as the nominee, but that's a guess.

Since getting the nomination, Kerry has let at least 5 stupid things roll out of his mouth.  I agree wiht him, but they are not things you say when you're running for president.  

Guess what?  He's STILL leading in the polls.  

You think Edwards would've said anything like that?  Not a chance, he's way to smart.  If anything I'm being fair to Bush with that prediction.  Edwards would stomp all over him.  
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 05:26:21 PM »

Since getting the nomination, Kerry has let at least 5 stupid things roll out of his mouth.  I agree wiht him, but they are not things you say when you're running for president.  

You think Edwards would've said anything like that?  Not a chance, he's way to smart.  If anything I'm being fair to Bush with that prediction.  Edwards would stomp all over him.  

Edwards smart?!  The man was completely out of his depth even in the primary.  He knows very little.  However he was smart enough to know his own severe limitations and stick to the script the trial lawyers put in front of him.  Kerry is in fact intelligent, and being a typical hubris-filled Northeastern liberal thinks he can get away with just running off at the mouth.
zachman

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 05:33:23 PM »

He wasn't a particularly bright candidate. None were, and the best campaign management won.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 06:12:36 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2004, 06:13:30 PM by Ben »

Edwards’ ideal running mates would be Richardson or Breaux other potential VPs would probably include Feinstein, Vilsack, Bayh (but he looks to young to go with Edwards), Baucus, Graham and Nelson out of these eight you can probably narrow it down to Baucus, Nelson, Graham and Richardson…the best out of these candidates could well be Richardson fulfilling the role that Cheney did for W, Graham might well be too dull however both Baucus and Nelson would be just as good as Richardson and more likely to accept the offer of the VP slot…so say Edwards/ Baucus….

NC-Becomes Bush lean rather than solid Bush and will probably go down to the wire…

MN-will remain solidly Bush.

IA, MN MO and WI will go to lean Dem with Edwards at the head of the ticket and Baucus as his running mate…

OH, WV and to a lesser extent PA are now the real battle ground states….

AZ, NV and NM without Richardson near the ticket all still lean towards Bush…

Oregon despite already firmly leaning to the Dems does so even more now as many rural voters are attracted to Edwards populism…the same appeal to rural voters also means that the Dems have an outside chance in VA while it also boosts the Dem performance in Indiana, Kentucky, Arkansas and Louisiana however not nearly enough to make the states competitive this time around…

Sorry gotta go in the process of getting pissed this evening as I'm now back in the UK…that’s right I’m back…ah well… uhh fosters....sorry i digress....    
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 06:36:11 PM »

MN-will remain solidly Bush.

IA, MN MO and WI will go to lean Dem with Edwards at the head of the ticket and Baucus as his running mate…

MN will split in two? Wink
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 06:58:52 PM »

edwards couldnt beat kerry (a northeast liberal) in tennessee or virginia, but you think he could beat bush in those two states?

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 08:24:49 PM »

edwards couldnt beat kerry (a northeast liberal) in tennessee or virginia, but you think he could beat bush in those two states?

His primary vote was split between Clark, and primary vote is a whole lot different than general election vote.  Primary vote has to do with momentum and media attention more than anything else.  Besides, do you think those people who voted for Kerry in the primaries WOULDN'T vote for Edwards in the general?  
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2004, 09:31:06 PM »

i think bush would beat edwards in virginia and tennessee and most likely, nc.
zachman

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 09:33:00 PM »

NC probably, Virginia no. I don't think it would matter.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 09:50:43 PM »

The fact that he has no expierience would hurt him and his whole 'Two Americas' thing is nothing if not inaccurate.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2004, 11:22:24 PM »

The fact that he has no expierience would hurt him and his whole 'Two Americas' thing is nothing if not inaccurate.

I see the two amercias he's tlaking about.  Its everywhere.  VIP boxes and reguylar seats at sports games.  Coach and first class.  We all know your money affects the kind of care you recieve in sickness.  It may not be literally TWO Americas, but he strives to make every right that for some reason only the rich receive/afford like proper healthcare available to everyone.  His message is too lift up the lower and middle class, thats why I like him so much.  I would have no one before him be prez right now if i had to pick.  
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2004, 11:37:54 PM »

Edwards 'd do better than Kerry in the South and Midwest, making Ohio safe, possibly picking up Arkansas and Louisiana which Kerry won't, but in the West he'd do much worse. Just look at any Western primary result. Kerry will kerry Nevada, possibly even Arizona, Edwards would not have a chance at either and might have trouble holding on to Oregon and Washington.
And "Edwards doing better than Kerry" in NH? Again, take a look at the state's primary result and get a grip on reality. Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2004, 12:17:38 AM »

I see the two amercias he's tlaking about.  Its everywhere.  VIP boxes and reguylar seats at sports games.  Coach and first class.  We all know your money affects the kind of care you recieve in sickness.  It may not be literally TWO Americas, but he strives to make every right that for some reason only the rich receive/afford like proper healthcare available to everyone.  His message is too lift up the lower and middle class, thats why I like him so much.  I would have no one before him be prez right now if i had to pick.  

Its actually more like three Americas.  Or more.  But naturally people are infinitely graded by money - its a capitalist society.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2004, 03:32:55 PM »

Something like this:

350-188

Clintonian Victory
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2004, 03:42:30 PM »

He would have won North Carolina.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2004, 03:46:54 PM »

He would have won North Carolina.

Nope, a small loss there by about 1-2%.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2004, 03:47:50 PM »

Primary results mean NOTHING. Edwards would, I think, have done better than Kerry. Unless national security becomes important in the election. Since Edwards is too much of a light-weight there...he's a real CLinton in many ways.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2004, 03:49:01 PM »

As it's all hypothetical... Edwards wins Utah! Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies