A (Rhetorical Question) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:24:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Political Essays & Deliberation (Moderator: Torie)
  A (Rhetorical Question) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A (Rhetorical Question)  (Read 16023 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« on: July 17, 2010, 04:30:14 PM »

ObamaCare is designed to bring you the worst of all worlds. It needed to be thousands of pages long to ensure they could make it the most costly, wasteful, ineffective, and destructive corporate welfare handout imaginable.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 11:25:15 PM »

Basically.. let the elderly and disabled die.  Then we will all be "better off".  Please keep your WoW economics to WoW and let people living in the real world deal with real world problems.

Strange, I didn't see that in the link. You must have read something else.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 08:12:51 PM »

Basically.. let the elderly and disabled die. Then we will all be "better off".  Please keep your WoW economics to WoW and let people living in the real world deal with real world problems.

Strange, I didn't see that in the link. You must have read something else.

Strange... it was near the end, which you probably didn't read.  So I guess in a sense I did read something else.

4. Eliminate all subsidies to the sick or unhealthy. Subsidies create more of whatever is being subsidized. Subsidies for the ill and diseased breed illness and disease, and promote carelessness, indigence, and dependency. If we eliminate them, we would strengthen the will to live healthy lives and to work for a living. In the first instance, that means abolishing Medicare and Medicaid.

Only these four steps, although drastic, will restore a fully free market in medical provision. Until they are adopted, the industry will have serious problems, and so will we, its consumers.

Nope, sorry, I asked for the part that says " let the elderly and disabled die". Let's see it.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 08:07:28 PM »

Does no one think it might be possible to have an economic system that involves both a state and free market forces?

(because that is what, you know, a lot, well, most, well...all, really, economists would say)

No, not all economists say that. Most worthwhile ones don't.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies