I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:00:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Author Topic: I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)  (Read 49112 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2010, 06:15:52 PM »

Why does BushOK ignore all the posts clearly identifying this as a scam?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2010, 06:16:51 PM »

Amazing.  How stupid can you be to follow this?  I mean really Jeff, this is so obviously a scam.

Indeed. Bush, did you read the link to the Aussie website? The spelling/grammar is shocking

SHORTLY ABOUT US

Welcome to ON Company, one of the leading software outsourcing companies delivering consultancy, development and QA services.

Reliable software consultancy with local project management. Experts in .NET, JAVA/J2EE, Microsoft, Borland & Oracle technologies. Our comprehensive portfolio of software services and consultancy, cover different industry verticals such as Finance, Travel, Healthcare, Retail, Telecom and Utilities and our client engagements include all size of company.

Projects are managed locally and executed locally and/or remotely. We provide best value through a combination of local & offshore software development outsourcing. We are an Australian company with offshore development centres so you need not go through the software outsourcing learning curve or suffer the usual communication problems.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2010, 06:25:19 PM »

I need to make a sincere apology...

The more and more I look at this website and line it up against Boris's link that he posted, the more I'm thinking this could really be a scam.  I've been trying to deny it.  It's probably too late for ONG (though I may call Monday morning), but I am going to implement this new backup plan first thing Monday morning.  I will have enough money coming in from ONG to last me through Labor Day (almost $1,800 after taxes).  I have faith in my God that He will put me back in a meaningful employment by September 1.

I made a mistake by leaving ONG, but hopefully, I can cut the losses and get right back into the working world.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2010, 06:30:21 PM »

I have faith in my God that He will put me back in a meaningful employment by September 1.

Yes, it is a big risk, but as I've said before, sometimes you just have to step out in faith.

Bush you need to learn to engage with your brain a little more before taking 'leaps of faith.' That aside, at least you've realised at the 11th hour that this is a scam; consider it a learning experience and I hope you find a job soon.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2010, 06:35:16 PM »

One last gasp.  Would someone check this website of ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission) and tell me what you think of this.

http://www2.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=119_068_138&juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2010, 06:48:01 PM »

3 days ago you said "Instead, I'll have a couple weeks to train and work at the same time.  The way it's looking, I have at most one more month at ONG."

How did you go from a month left to no job there so fast?

And please tell me you didn't give them your SS# and bank account info.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2010, 06:50:36 PM »

3 days ago you said "Instead, I'll have a couple weeks to train and work at the same time.  The way it's looking, I have at most one more month at ONG."

How did you go from a month left to no job there so fast?

And please tell me you didn't give them your SS# and bank account info.

The first question - I misjudged the timeline.

The second question - nope, i gave them none of those.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2010, 06:58:30 PM »

The second question - nope, i gave them none of those.

Good man....
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2010, 07:02:51 PM »

So, based on that, I'm still going to give them a couple days to prove themselves since they have none of my very personal informatoin.  I still have the backup plan.  I feel safer doing it this way knowing that if any monies are transferred via payroll, it would have to be by check which then I could see if it is a legit check before I deposit it.  They did contact me by phone, though, yesterday, so now at least I have a voice to put with the e-mails and communications.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2010, 07:05:13 PM »

And, to answer an earlier question, they are not really expanding rapidly, they are in the research phase of trying to expand.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2010, 07:10:59 PM »

What good does having a voice do you? Is it nicer being lied to orally than written?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2010, 07:27:33 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2010, 07:40:55 PM by Lunar »

I'm confused by this.  It's almost fake.  He talks right past them.  He'll probably ignore this post too.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2010, 07:32:11 PM »

So, based on that, I'm still going to give them a couple days to prove themselves since they have none of my very personal informatoin.  I still have the backup plan.  I feel safer doing it this way knowing that if any monies are transferred via payroll, it would have to be by check which then I could see if it is a legit check before I deposit it.  They did contact me by phone, though, yesterday, so now at least I have a voice to put with the e-mails and communications.

Bushie, this is money laundering man.  The checks you would be likely receiving would likely be from legitimate people or companies who have been defrauded in another scam.  You take part in any of the process and you become part of the crime.  It is like receiving stolen property.  You would be there to wash the money and then forward it on.  When the money is found to be fraud you can get nailed for receiving these sums and you would be left with the cabs taken out.

Regarding the ASIC, If one component is a scam then the rest are also fraud.  It could be a ghost company set up as a sleeper or it could be someone else's information.  It is pretty easy to set up a fake companies.
Below is a link that goes into some of the details.

http://www.thatsnonsense.com/index.php?location=fake_job

Edit: And yes Lunar I feel like we are getting phished with Bush Ok being some damned obstinate. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2010, 07:42:38 PM »

Bushie, this is money laundering man.  The checks you would be likely receiving would likely be from legitimate people or companies who have been defrauded in another scam.  You take part in any of the process and you become part of the crime.  It is like receiving stolen property.  You would be there to wash the money and then forward it on.  When the money is found to be fraud you can get nailed for receiving these sums and you would be left with the cabs taken out.

Regarding the ASIC, If one component is a scam then the rest are also fraud.  It could be a ghost company set up as a sleeper or it could be someone else's information.  It is pretty easy to set up a fake companies.
Below is a link that goes into some of the details.

http://www.thatsnonsense.com/index.php?location=fake_job

Edit: And yes Lunar I feel like we are getting phished with Bush Ok being some damned obstinate. 

Okay, that does it for me.  I'm going to tell them no deal and move on.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2010, 07:47:54 PM »

I'm confused by this.  It's almost fake.  He talks right past them.  He'll probably ignore this post too.

I find it interesting comparing aspects of Jeff's behaviour in this topic (the cheerful stubbornness until it's too late, jumping into stuff on 'faith' and sudden shortening of previously-established timeframes) to the various 'Update' topics and the sheningans contains within. I'm a casual follower and even I can see that there are very clear patterns occuring and they're not particularly healthy ways to behave.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2010, 07:52:52 PM »

Is PrivacyProtect.org [who are masking the "Australian" company website] a legitimate website?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2010, 07:56:45 PM »

LOL how stupid can you be? Someone posts a link proving it's a scam....and you still talk about how you researched it extensively.

No pity from me.

Boris probably found out about the scam in 5 minutes, and Bushie's extensive research didn't find it.

Yep, doomsday is here, financially.

I concur.  Nothing to gloat about because I would have fallen for something like this if I were younger.  

I've gotten e-mails off CareerBuilder for the many months I was out of work.  Of course they were all marketing crap that I wasn't interested in anyway so I ignored it.  It was blatantly obvious they didn't even look at my resume.  

Bushie-- COME ON BUDDY!!!! For being in the professional world as long as you have, this should have been fairly easy to know this was fishy.  At the LATEST, I could see someone 18/19 falling for this, not 27/28 and about to be married.  I wish you luck with this.  And as for your parents, they're thinking is it's your judgment.  Hey, I'm in a rent vs. buy a home argument with mine right now so....  you have to know what's best man.  
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2010, 07:57:32 PM »

So what's Plan B?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2010, 08:06:14 PM »

Is PrivacyProtect.org [who are masking the "Australian" company website] a legitimate website?

Yeah, they seem to be a legitimate company that protects illegitimate websites and activity.  They say they protect you against spammers and phishers, but really protect those.

Scammers can be quite sophisticated and are always coming up with new schemes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2010, 08:07:47 PM »

I've got a couple jobs I'm going to call on Monday and try to get something set up.  One is a tech support for Cox Communications and one is a sales-rep for Sprint.  The tech support job would be a minor pay cut ($1000/yr), but it would still be fairly easy to transfer to the Cable Company in Phoenix.  I could also transfer from Sprint store to Sprint store.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2010, 08:07:57 PM »

Some quick Googling brings up a few folk complaining that domain name squatters/resellers have used the PrivacyProtect service to mask their details, and that PrivacyProtect are apparently rather less than helpful when it comes to enquiries about it. That does seem to be their stock in trade though, so I guess it's to be expected. I also notice that when you type 'privacyprotect' into Google,  the second autocomplete suggestion (after 'privacy protect') is 'privacyprotect.org scam'.

None of that is proof they're not legit, of course, but I can't help but wonder why a reputable company would be using such a service in the first place. Particularly one in the web sector; if they wanted to hide details from a WHOIS I'm sure they could've done so without using a third-party service.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2010, 08:09:42 PM »

I have more sympathy for Bushie than most of you guys. Yes, he's too way trusting, but it's obvious he really just wants to get married and get a better job and get out of Oklahoma. I feel awful for him now that he has no job, enough savings for a month, and his soon to be wife is disabled. Now, he's going to have to find a new job in a time of high unemployment. Assuming the utility won't take him back, he's almost certainly going to have to settle for an undesirable, low-paying job, at least until he can find something better. He's not even eligible for unemployment because he voluntarily left his job. My advice to him would be to apply for lots of jobs waiting tables until he can get something more permanent. While the pay is not amazing, it's better than you might think, and turnover at restaurants is very high so they are always hiring.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2010, 08:09:56 PM »

Yeah, they seem to be a legitimate company that protects illegitimate websites and activity.  They say they protect you against spammers and phishers, but really protect those.

Scammers can be quite sophisticated and are always coming up with new schemes.

Well, I reported Bushie's company to see if we might find out which African country actually hosts it.

I have many fake email addresses that I use for spam sites and other purposes, but I didn't even give them that much, using DeclineToState@hotmail.com instead.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2010, 08:12:01 PM »

I've got a couple jobs I'm going to call on Monday and try to get something set up.  One is a tech support for Cox Communications and one is a sales-rep for Sprint.  The tech support job would be a minor pay cut ($1000/yr), but it would still be fairly easy to transfer to the Cable Company in Phoenix.  I could also transfer from Sprint store to Sprint store.

I think if you called your manager at the gas company and just explained the situation to them, they might understand and offer you the previous job back - I can't imagine they're filled your position yet, and if you explain your reasons for wanting to go for a higher-paying job (particularly with regard to the upcoming marriage and related financial pressures) I don't think anyone would blame you for what you did.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2010, 08:14:59 PM »

It's alright guys.  Yes, I made a mistake by leaving ONG, but I am trying to cut everything there as I have told the scammers no deal.  So, Monday morning, I am going to call on these jobs and hopefully, Lord willing, be able to find something relatively quickly.  Remember, the recession didn't hit Oklahoma as hard as other parts of the country, so that's a plus.  I'm also going to call ONG back on Monday morning and see if I can go back to work for them at the same job and same pay.

Note:  None of this conversation makes it to facebook.  I'm trying to save face there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies