I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:26:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]
Author Topic: I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)  (Read 49394 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: July 29, 2010, 09:59:36 AM »

I have avoided BushOK's threads like they were the plague, but got conned into reading this one thanks to links in other threads. I now know better.

It amuses me that he's a moderator here. Amuses, not surprises.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #351 on: July 29, 2010, 10:27:15 AM »

There are certainly legitimate ones though, like Oriflame. Doesn't Tupperware work more or less this way too?

My mom makes a lot of money in Tupperware sales and frequently travels around the state and sometimes even to Montana on the weekends to sell it. For some reason rural North Dakotans are the biggest on buying that stuff.

Of course it's far from her only job or primary source of income. Sometimes people can make money off this stuff, I know of a guy who made good money selling Cutco knives too. Just not something you can rely on.

And once again, note that Cutco and Tupperware sell actual products that you might have a use for, unlike Ameriplan.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #352 on: July 29, 2010, 12:39:03 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2010, 12:43:03 PM by Stars & Stripes Forever »

What would you guys think of this scenario?  Take this other job, Platinum Services, that travels around the state of Oklahoma Monday-Thursday and then work this Ameriplan on weekends when I'm home.  The Platinum Services guy told me yesterday in the interview that I would get a $3,000 a month guarantee IN WRITING when I sign the contract.  It is a $3000 or commission meaning if my commssion is less than $3000 a month then I would be cut a check for the difference.  If my commission is more than $3000, then I would just get the commission, not the base.  It is a safety net.  I would be home by midnight Friday morning and I could still work Ameriplan on weekends and get a little residual income that way.  This is a scenario where I can do both.  He said that he rarely has to make up the difference and that I would basically need 10 sales a month to reach that, which is not hard to do considering I am on the road Monday-Thursday.  There is no follow up, there is no overhead.  This way, also, there is a safety net just in case Ameriplan busts wide open, I've got another income coming in.  While I am getting licensed with Platinum Services in the couple weeks, I could work Ameriplan part-time and still get some money that way, as well, and then when I'm home on Friday's, work 3 hours for Ameriplan.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #353 on: July 29, 2010, 12:41:30 PM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #354 on: July 29, 2010, 12:45:41 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2010, 12:50:01 PM by Grumpy Gramps »

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Insurance-Companies/Platinum-Services-Pl/platinum-services-platinum-ser-64m89.htm

File for unemployment (ONG probaby won't challenge it) then get a real job at a brick and mortar company.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #355 on: July 29, 2010, 12:49:40 PM »

How have you not drowned in your own bathtub yet?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #356 on: July 29, 2010, 12:56:15 PM »

I would be home by midnight Friday morning and I could still work Ameriplan on weekends and get a little residual income that way.  

Now if you can squeeze ON-Company in during your nights?
Plant City Rebel
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.17

« Reply #357 on: July 29, 2010, 12:58:49 PM »

Seriously, find something at a real business, not one of these! It might not be the best job, but it sure beats some of these scams, and at least you'd be bringing in some income...
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #358 on: July 29, 2010, 12:59:47 PM »

Quite frankly, I'm surprised Bushie hasn't deleted this thread yet.  It's what I would do if I were the OP.

(Not that I'm touching this: if he wants to reveal a sh**t-ton of personal information of himself and follow up by making himself look incredibly gullible, that's his business.)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #359 on: July 29, 2010, 01:05:54 PM »

Wow, I'm glad you posted that link.  That tells me what I need to know.  Then, forget that scenario, and i'll just go with Ameriplan.  At least I know it's legit.  My parents were even encouraged by it yesterday when they were at my house and my supervisor actually called me.  It tells them that I actually can talk to someone.  Tonight, they will get to hear his voice.  Most of you don’t know this, but I have actually worked for an MLM before.  It was with Primerica Life Insurance back in 2005-2006.  With them, it cost me $200 to get started plus $48 for the life insurance exam (which I had to take 7 times before passing), so that’s a total of $336 for the exam plus $200 for the initial fee = $556.00, which I never made up.  I got suckered into that by my youth minister of all people as he got suckered into it.  I did learn a lot of valuable financial tools, but it sure was hard.  Selling that stuff was the hardest thing in the world to do.  At least with Ameriplan, I don’t have to become licensed and I can use the same stuff I sell (benefits packages).  The benefits come out of my paycheck, and I have my own website.  This stuff should be a lot easier to sell, because it’s stuff people can actually use without having to jump through a lot of hoops such as blood tests or stuff.  If they want it, great, they can purchase it and start using it immediately, and for a lot less.  The most comprehensive package we sell costs just $50 a month.  Sell a few of those and I’ve already got a nice residual income each month.  One of my former co-workers said she used to do Ameriplan and she said if you work hard, you can do it and make good money.  It does take hard work, though, you can’t slack off, but it is definitely possible.  If I slack off, then you’re right, I won’t make a dime, but if I work as hard as I can, I can make it with this.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #360 on: July 29, 2010, 01:06:31 PM »

Quite frankly, I'm surprised Bushie hasn't deleted this thread yet.  It's what I would do if I were the OP.

(Not that I'm touching this: if he wants to reveal a sh**t-ton of personal information of himself and follow up by making himself look incredibly gullible, that's his business.)

You know, I have been tempted to at least lock it.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #361 on: July 29, 2010, 01:07:41 PM »

Why would you delete/lock it? This thread is the reason you're not in prison
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #362 on: July 29, 2010, 01:09:47 PM »

Why would you delete/lock it? This thread is the reason you're not in prison

I had alarm bells going off with my family as well with that one.  This one, they're easier with.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #363 on: July 29, 2010, 01:13:27 PM »

So the links posted about AmeriPlan didn't sink in, but the last one about Platinum Services did, and they both said the same thing about both companies.  I don't get it.

Because, I have people here at home who used to do it or are still doing it saying it can be done if you just work hard.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #364 on: July 29, 2010, 01:15:09 PM »

How do you keep stumbling onto all these scams? One after another...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #365 on: July 29, 2010, 01:22:35 PM »

I am going to lock this thread and let it sink down to the back pages, because I don't need discouragement when I'm trying to do the best job I can for my family.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies