Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2014, 07:23:21 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  U.S. Presidential Election Results
| | |-+  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: True Federalist)
| | | |-+  virginia?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: virginia?  (Read 1779 times)
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2004, 10:40:08 am »
Ignore

not trying to rub it in, but what happened to kerry in va?  we all heard about the 'trend' and NOVA going democratic.  kerry pissed away a bunch of money in the state.  in the end it turned out to be a no-contest.

what went wrong?

You can be our next waltermitty, although perhaps a slightly better-informed version, and without the fetish for really old women. 
I can cook scrambled eggs and bacon or fry a hamburger on the George Foreman, or, with assistance, fix spaghetti.
elcorazon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 10:46:07 am »
Ignore

they took a bit of a shot there... no different than Bush in Hawaii or New Jersey, which weren't any closer than Virginia. 

"The most important thing to remember is, no matter what anybody tells you, it is never, ever unpatriotic or un-American to question anything in a democracy"
WalterMitty
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 10:48:44 am »
Ignore

bush improved dramitaclly in new jersey.  he only lost by 6 compared to 16 in 2000.

You can be our next waltermitty, although perhaps a slightly better-informed version, and without the fetish for really old women. 
I can cook scrambled eggs and bacon or fry a hamburger on the George Foreman, or, with assistance, fix spaghetti.
elcorazon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 10:51:37 am »
Ignore

yes, but he still lost by a decent margin.  Let us not forget Bush gained 4% nationally from 2000.  If the election had been a tie, theoretically Kerry may have been within 4 or 5% in Virginia, and Kerry may have won NJ by 9 or 10%.  The real surprise was Bush's margin in the popular vote.  So much for undecideds breaking to the challenger.

"The most important thing to remember is, no matter what anybody tells you, it is never, ever unpatriotic or un-American to question anything in a democracy"
Comrade Sibboleth
Realpolitik
Moderators
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 11:05:08 am »
Ignore

I actually wrote a long reply to this. I read it and realised it was the "string up the strategists" rant again.

Many apologies

Richard Hoggart 1918-2014
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout