Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2015, 12:39:51 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  U.S. Presidential Election Results
| | |-+  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: True Federalist)
| | | |-+  How did Bush get 11.5 million more votes from 2000?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How did Bush get 11.5 million more votes from 2000?  (Read 178 times)
Nyvin
Rookie
United States

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2015, 03:46:46 pm »
Ignore

Turnout in 2004 was 5% higher than in 2000, but that alone wouldn't account for Bush getting almost 12 million more votes in 2004.   What groups of people that didn't vote for Bush in 2000 suddenly started to in 2004?
tara gilesbie
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 04:04:55 pm »
Ignore

Southern suburbanites and Rust Belt voters for the most part. Also, many evangelicals who hadn't bothered voting in a while went out in droves to oppose gay marriage in state referendums, which naturally helped Republicans up-ticket.

Quote from:  My Immortal
“What do you know, Hargrid? You’re just a little Hogwarts student!”

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT….” Hargirid paused angrily. “BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”

“This cannot be.” Snap said in a crisp voice as blood dripped from his hand where Dumblydore’s wand had shot him. “There must be other factors.”

“YOU DON’T HAVE ANY!” I yelled in madly.
Replicator
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 03:10:32 am »
Ignore

Turnout in 2004 was 5% higher than in 2000, but that alone wouldn't account for Bush getting almost 12 million more votes in 2004.   What groups of people that didn't vote for Bush in 2000 suddenly started to in 2004?

Voter turnout helped him a lot. Many conservatives who didn't turn out in 2000, voted in 2004 likely to do being impressed by his strong stance for traditional values and being strong on defense.

The housing market collapse was caused by the American Dream Act. Bush called on congress to fix the foreseen problem in 2003 and the Democrats pretty much gave him the finger. In 2005, McCain proposed a bill of his own and it was filibustered. Being required to give money to people who have no intention of paying it back led us to a nation of people who had no intention of paying their mortgages. Barney Frank and Chris Dodd benefited from this.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout