China defends private property!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:41:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  China defends private property!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: China defends private property!  (Read 2979 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 15, 2004, 05:40:40 PM »

China has amended their constitution to ensure that private property can not be violated by the state. Anyone who still thought that they are Commies better rethink. In fact, the Chinese constitution is MORE liberal and owner-friendly than the EU-constitution... Shocked
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 06:17:26 PM »

China has amended their constitution to ensure that private property can not be violated by the state. Anyone who still thought that they are Commies better rethink. In fact, the Chinese constitution is MORE liberal and owner-friendly than the EU-constitution... Shocked

Alas, even the US constitution has no specific gaurantee of the inviolability of private property that I know of.  
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 06:25:02 PM »

Alas, even the US constitution has no specific gaurantee of the inviolability of private property that I know of.  

Well, China is then ahead of you now. Smiley

The EU-constitution basically says that private property can not be violated unless it's required for the common good. Which S-U-C-K-S. Sad
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 07:27:26 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2004, 07:28:07 PM by Michael Z »

It's been obvious for years now that China is only communist by name. It started embracing free market economics, primarily as a means of staying competitive against the USA, in the late 90s, and under Hu Jintao it has basically ditched Maoism for good.

That's not to say that China is no longer an autocratic regime. It still is, unfortunately, and will possibly remain so for a very long time.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 07:49:17 PM »

The EU-constitution basically says that private property can not be violated unless it's required for the common good. Which S-U-C-K-S. Sad

The Common Good scares me - I rarely like what the commoners like..
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 08:14:58 AM »

The Common Good scares me - I rarely like what the commoners like..

The common good usually means what the polticians want it to mean. That is, good for them...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies