Do you support the Iraq war? VOTE BY PARTY CATEGORIES (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:03:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do you support the Iraq war? VOTE BY PARTY CATEGORIES (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support the Iraq war at this current moment?  Please vote yes or no in PARTY CATEGORIES (unless you are undecided or neutral).
Yes (DEM)

No (DEM)

Yes (GOP)

No (GOP)

Yes (Other Parties)

No (Other Parties)

Undecided/Neutral(Any Party)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 96

Author Topic: Do you support the Iraq war? VOTE BY PARTY CATEGORIES  (Read 7944 times)
cpeeks
« on: July 25, 2010, 10:16:42 PM »

consider my self somewhat of a liberterian,  and absolutely not
cpeeks
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 10:31:20 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2010, 10:49:22 PM by cpeeks »

consider my self somewhat of a liberterian,  and absolutely not

I thought you were a paleoconservative?

Um I guess I do line up more with paleoconservatives now that you pointed it out and I just read what there all about, but there are things I am very libertarian on especially social issues.
cpeeks
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 03:34:16 PM »

Um I guess I do line up more with paleoconservatives now that you pointed it out and I just read what there all about, but there are things I am very libertarian on especially social issues.

Social issues are the biggest bone of contention between libertarians & paleoconservatives, though.

Ya like i dont think the federal goverment has the right to get into things like abortion, gay marriages, or medical marijuana.
cpeeks
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 04:53:48 PM »

Social issues are the biggest bone of contention between libertarians & paleoconservatives, though.

Ya like i dont think the federal goverment has the right to get into things like abortion, gay marriages, or medical marijuana.

But, how you feel about state government in regards to those issues, would shape whether you are a libertarian or a paleocon.

I think the states have the right to make laws concerning those issues not the federal goverment.
cpeeks
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 11:46:44 PM »

But, how you feel about state government in regards to those issues, would shape whether you are a libertarian or a paleocon.

I think the states have the right to make laws concerning those issues not the federal goverment.

Yeah, but what do you think your state government should do concerning those issues?

LOL are you asking if i believe in those issues or are you asking what if my state outlaws or allows said things is that ok those are two different issues I will be glad to address either
cpeeks
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 06:34:09 PM »

Ok now were getting into tricky areas. First of we have to decide is marriage a religous institution or is it state sanctioned, because the right wing who profess to want smaller federal goverment are the same ones who want to say its a religous instution and want the federal goverment to ban it. So if it is a religous institution it should be up to the churches and if the church see fit to marry two smae sex people then the state should have to honor it, and thats how I think it should be left up to churches. Me personally I dont care if two people of the ame sex are allowed to marry, so I guess I am for it. As far as abortion goes I am pro-choice and no I do not think my state should ban either.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies