92,000 damning documents
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:50:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  92,000 damning documents
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: 92,000 damning documents  (Read 4556 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 09:18:34 PM »

The administration seems to have a candor problem if this is even remotely true. Not good. The biggest mistakes administrations often make, is hiding the ball. When caught, sometimes administrations don't recover. That is one of the things that put down that pathological liar, LBJ, and of course Nixon.

Obama seems determined to make all of the mistakes of the previous administration, because that's the moderate hero way. Obama just didn't like that Bush was President because it meant that Obama wasn't President.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 09:26:46 PM »

The only treason here is that the government is engaging in largely secret wars, killing innocent civilians, and covering it up. 

If the only way to get a population to support a war is to withhold the vast majority of details, then it's not our war to fight. 

The US withheld a hell of a lot during World War 2 and rightfully so.
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 09:27:43 PM »

I support treason if there's a valid reason. Rhyme not intended. Gimme a break with this patriotic nonsense.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 09:30:10 PM »

I support treason if there's a valid reason. Rhyme not intended. Gimme a break with this patriotic nonsense.

Sorry dude, killing troop morale is not a good thing. I am all for open government but in one sense I agree that the military does need to keep certain things secret, not forever, mind you but for a period of time. We would have never won World War Two with our current media. The person who leaked this committed a crime and should be treated in the proper way a traitor should be treated.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 09:46:24 PM »

Sorry dude, killing troop morale is not a good thing. I am all for open government but in one sense I agree that the military does need to keep certain things secret, not forever, mind you but for a period of time. We would have never won World War Two with our current media. The person who leaked this committed a crime and should be treated in the proper way a traitor should be treated.

Bring all the troops home, then you won't have to worry about their morale.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2010, 09:52:54 PM »

Moderate hero Obama is mad that the truth got out.

Indeed so.

"The White House responded swiftly and sharply to publication Sunday evening of more than 91,000 secret documents painting a bleak picture of the Afghanistan war, calling the leak “irresponsible” and saying that the source – the whistleblower website WikiLeaks — “opposes U.S. policy in Afghanistan.” [/b]

frihetsivrare
Volksliberalist

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -7.13

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 10:37:42 PM »

The only traitors in that war are the men who have been in charge of the war the last nearly nine years.

To add, wikileaks doesn't only leak US military secrets.  They leak Church of Scientology information, Mormon temple ceremonies, financial information and many other things.  They are the target of every secretive organisation.  http://www.wikileaks.org/
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 10:38:56 PM »

The only traitors in that war are the men who have been in charge of the war the last nearly nine years.

The Afghan war was a justified war. Go spout your naziesque BS elsewhere.
doktorb
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 02:18:50 AM »

The Afghan was WAS justified, you are quite right.

It is no longer. It has become a never ending killing field.

I am pleased that it appears end dates are being determined. The lie "staying in Afghanistan is making the streets of Britain safer" has been proven quite wrong.

These documents show, without question if they are all legitimate, that this conflict long ago lost its legitimacy.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 02:47:34 AM »

The shredders at the Pentagon are working overtime.
frihetsivrare
Volksliberalist

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -7.13

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2010, 03:46:31 AM »

The war and occupation are about imperialism.  The troops are guarding the poppy fields in Afghanistan.  The heroin then ends up on the streets of the US, Canada and western Europe.  The corrupt puppet president's brother is one of the heroin lords over there.
http://s-data.current.com/news/92513756_geraldo-interviews-marine-who-admits-opium-fields-guarded-by-u-s-troops-in-afghanistan.htm
The lithium discovery and harping is also evidence of this.
http://news.discovery.com/earth/why-lithium-cant-save-afghanistan.html

I'm not saying the Taliban was good.  The black and white thinking is merely a divide and conquer tool. 

Culturally the naziesque BS in this country is the idea that supporting war is inherently patriotic and waving the flag mindlessly.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2010, 04:14:54 AM »

Funny how People like States that cry big government when it wants to pay for health insurance.....but have no problem with government operating wars in absolute secrecy.

Seems to me different people just have different things they like the Government to do...nothing else.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2010, 07:39:22 AM »

I don't get what is so shocking. War is messy.  Always has been. Always will be.

It's not just "war is messy" that is so shocking. It is the amount of innocent deaths which were covered up. The number of Afghans killed with families "paid off". The hitherto unknown extent of Pakistani involvement in the border area. It's a disgraceful record of a costly, never ending war.

What part about the government covering shit up is shocking?  It's a government. That's what governments do. Especially when it comes to stuff that makes it look bad.

Or am I being too cynical?
doktorb
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2010, 07:48:00 AM »

I don't get what is so shocking. War is messy.  Always has been. Always will be.

It's not just "war is messy" that is so shocking. It is the amount of innocent deaths which were covered up. The number of Afghans killed with families "paid off". The hitherto unknown extent of Pakistani involvement in the border area. It's a disgraceful record of a costly, never ending war.

What part about the government covering shit up is shocking?  It's a government. That's what governments do. Especially when it comes to stuff that makes it look bad.

Or am I being too cynical?

No, I think you are right to raise that as a legitimate concern. It is clear from these documents that  the Afghan conflict is become an expensive folly from which we should depart as quickly as it is safe to do so.

The causes of the current troubles with this conflict seem to have switched to Pakistan. I see no end to the deaths of innocent people or the deaths of serviceman if the neverending war is drawn into a part of the world where the threat of nuclear weapons is a very real possibility.

Afghanistan has been a failure and both all forces in Afganistan need to be returned home.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »

Franzl, nice try in your bid to misrepresent me. I never supported absolute secrecy. I do believe that being completely open about military operations is mission suicide. Let's try to be a little more honest next time, ok?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2010, 08:46:08 AM »

The administration seems to have a candor problem if this is even remotely true. Not good. The biggest mistakes administrations often make, is hiding the ball. When caught, sometimes administrations don't recover. That is one of the things that put down that pathological liar, LBJ, and of course Nixon.

Obama seems determined to make all of the mistakes of the previous administration, because that's the moderate hero way. Obama just didn't like that Bush was President because it meant that Obama wasn't President.

Translation:  Obama and Bushie are nearly identical in foreign affairs.  Very true.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2010, 09:08:45 AM »

Franzl, nice try in your bid to misrepresent me. I never supported absolute secrecy. I do believe that being completely open about military operations is mission suicide. Let's try to be a little more honest next time, ok?

Forget the term "absolute secrecy" then....but you still have a LOT more trust in the government to fight wars than.....say.....pay for health insurance, is that false?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2010, 09:18:01 AM »

Yes, fighting wars is the constitutionally authorized job of the federal govt.
doktorb
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2010, 09:19:12 AM »

At any cost?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2010, 09:19:34 AM »

In your opinion. That's all I'm trying to say. People simply have different things they believe the government should do. Conservatives still aren't for "limited government" by any means. They just want to limit different things than left-wingers do.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2010, 09:30:34 AM »

Is this guy an American citizen?  If not, how is it treason, States?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »

Is this guy an American citizen?  If not, how is it treason, States?

Maybe he'll switch to espionage Smiley
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2010, 10:18:41 AM »

but not of the executive branch, nor is anything remotely like the CIA authorized by the Constitution, which serves as the executive's organized mob, carrying out mass murder behind a curtain abroad for what is now 50+ years.  the internet serves as a vehicle to expose the crimes in a way never before possible.
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2010, 10:23:36 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2010, 10:25:41 AM by Earth »

Maybe you forgot about how the media has changed compared to the way it operated in WWII, but it was a much more transparent entity than it is now. Even during the Vietnam War. Now, the media feels as though it has no responsibility to deliver quality news about the war, and the army chokes them off because they're afraid of letting them into too much. Vietnam was a boon for the media, but a serious impediment to the military. Look at the ridiculous fad that was 'embedding' journalists with troops.

I don't give two sh**ts of a rat's ass about troop morale. There are more important things, particularly now, when information is so valuable, and the media wouldn't touch it. I'm glad these various papers took it seriously enough to run with the story.

And I made a mistake. Julian Assange, the guy behind wikileaks, is an Austrian. There's no treason. Had he been an American, I'd still feel the same, and I'd applaud him and his site for releasing these documents. I applaud the whistle blower, too, whoever he is. The military has to realize people are fed up with this war, and won't tolerate the way they operate, when so many lives are at stake.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2010, 10:30:42 AM »

The White House says, Blame Bush.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies