Other than the darn presidency, I had a good day
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:30:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Other than the darn presidency, I had a good day
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Other than the darn presidency, I had a good day  (Read 6442 times)
elcorazon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2004, 03:55:45 PM »

Everyone I voted for won.  Kerry dominated Illinois.  We elected the brightest young Senator in the nation (by more than 40% margin), my excellent democratic representative won another term; I even voted for a winning Republican in a state house race, despite being in a fairly solidly democratic district.  If only the rest of the nation were more like Illinois. sigh.
zachman

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 04:18:04 PM »

I can say the same thing being from NH.
Bogart
bogart414
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -5.39

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 06:59:49 PM »

My Election Day was mixed. Aside from Bush/Cheney and McCain....the rest was split.

My choices for Legislature won (all Democrats), but my choices for sheriff and county attorney (both Democrats) lost badly.

My selections on the ballot propositions were also mixed.  On Prop 200, which seeks to require proof of citizenship to recieve public benefits and to vote, won. I voted against it because it was a badly written law. Fortunately, it faces stiff opposition in court.

Prop 400, which extends a small sales tax, will be used to fund freeway expansion and light rail and passed.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 07:04:37 PM »

My Election Day was mixed. Aside from Bush/Cheney and McCain....the rest was split.

My choices for Legislature won (all Democrats), but my choices for sheriff and county attorney (both Democrats) lost badly.

My selections on the ballot propositions were also mixed.  On Prop 200, which seeks to require proof of citizenship to recieve public benefits and to vote, won. I voted against it because it was a badly written law. Fortunately, it faces stiff opposition in court.

Prop 400, which extends a small sales tax, will be used to fund freeway expansion and light rail and passed.

Bogart, are you in Maricopa Co.? 
Bogart
bogart414
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 07:08:10 PM »

YES
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 07:17:20 PM »

Yes, all my other candidates won as well, except for one school board member. Three ballot initiatives I voted against lost.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 08:30:43 PM »

I can't vote for Arpaio either.  Voted for the Independent.  Voted no on 400, saw first hand how much of a waste light rail is in Portland, OR.  All Republicans won for state legislature in my district so I'm happy.  Trent Franks for Congress & John McCain for Senate.  Good day :-)
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2004, 12:38:40 PM »

Kerry won handily in NY...

Schumer won handily in NY...

The Republicans actually did put up a candidate against Nita Lowey this term, but she got smushed...

My Assemblywoman ran unopposed...

The only halfway-competitive race was the State Senate race--because the incumbent got arrested.  NYS doesn't release its results until December, so I don't know who won there.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2004, 01:21:30 PM »

Kerry won handily in NY...

Schumer won handily in NY...

The Republicans actually did put up a candidate against Nita Lowey this term, but she got smushed...

My Assemblywoman ran unopposed...

The only halfway-competitive race was the State Senate race--because the incumbent got arrested.  NYS doesn't release its results until December, so I don't know who won there.

The local news might have results on their website.  I know here on Long Island, they have all the State and local races on the News12 website.
Bogart
bogart414
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2004, 02:58:06 PM »

I can't vote for Arpaio either.  Voted for the Independent.  Voted no on 400, saw first hand how much of a waste light rail is in Portland, OR.  All Republicans won for state legislature in my district so I'm happy.  Trent Franks for Congress & John McCain for Senate.  Good day :-)

I wanted to vote for Martin just because of his name, but I was under some delusion that Arpaio was more vulnerable than he ended up being--which is why I went for Ayala (sp?) I'm in Pastor's CD. I voted for Karg, but knew it was hopeless. Sinema, Lujan and Cheveront all won, which I was happy about. I'm from the Midwest originally, and I have a hard time voting for many local/state Republicans--mostly on social grounds.

I went "yes" on 400. Most of the money, contrary to the opposition propaganda, is going to freeways. And, light rail is going to go forward with or without 400. I'd rather it be paid for this way than through the general fund.

How fast do you see 200 be struck down?
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2004, 05:47:39 PM »

I wanted to vote for Martin just because of his name, but I was under some delusion that Arpaio was more vulnerable than he ended up being--which is why I went for Ayala (sp?) I'm in Pastor's CD. I voted for Karg, but knew it was hopeless. Sinema, Lujan and Cheveront all won, which I was happy about. I'm from the Midwest originally, and I have a hard time voting for many local/state Republicans--mostly on social grounds.

I went "yes" on 400. Most of the money, contrary to the opposition propaganda, is going to freeways. And, light rail is going to go forward with or without 400. I'd rather it be paid for this way than through the general fund.

How fast do you see 200 be struck down?

I knew the anti-Arpaio vote would be split.  In Maricopa Cty the best way to knock him off will be in the primary.  I actually voted Dem for one st leg seat due to his opposition to lt rail but he came in 4th.  My district voted for one conservative and one mod Republican.  My next two years are going to be preoccupied with unseating Napolitano :-). 

200 will be struck down quickly.  I'm hoping that the courts let the good parts like ID at the polls stand.  As long as Hanoi Janet is in control we won't be able to get that common sence reform thru traditional government means.

Since 400 doesn't go into affect until Jan 2006, I figred a "no" vote would send an anti-light rail msg to the politicians and we'd get something better to vote on in 2005.

What part of the midwest did you live in?  I grew up in The People's Republic of Oregon but lived a few years in the Twin Cities area.  Helped Pawlenty get the gov seat and Coleman to the Senate.  Perhaps that's why I was deluded that my former state would go to W.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2004, 06:19:37 PM »

I voted

Bush -> Won the nation, but not my state.
Feingold -> Won easily as expected
Rittenhouse (G) -> Helped her get 10,000 votes!  3%!  In WI-6, of all places!

All the other races were unopposed, so I abstained on them.

Not a bad election.  Can't really complain.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2004, 07:15:54 PM »

What part of WI Beef?
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2004, 07:21:15 PM »

Neenah, in the Fox River Valley (the greater Appleton metro).  WI-6 extends from the middle of the Lake Michigan shore into Central Wisconsin, and south into the outer, outer Milwaukee suburbs:

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/ltsb/redistricting/Allnewfiles/CongressionalPDFs/cd6.pdf
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2004, 07:25:29 PM »

I take it that would be a pretty conservative part of Wisc.
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 07:05:18 AM »

Everyone I voted for won.  Kerry dominated Illinois.  We elected the brightest young Senator in the nation (by more than 40% margin), my excellent democratic representative won another term; I even voted for a winning Republican in a state house race, despite being in a fairly solidly democratic district.  If only the rest of the nation were more like Illinois. sigh.

Don't know how I found this, but seems interesting today...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies