Michigan Primary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:08:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Michigan Primary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Michigan GOP Primary
Mike Cox

Mike Bouchard

Tom George

Pete Hoekstra

Rick Snyder

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Michigan Primary  (Read 8376 times)
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« on: July 31, 2010, 08:10:52 PM »

For the Republican Primary I'm hoping for Bouchard... But I'm thinking that Hoekstra will get it. As long as Cox stays out, were good Smiley

For the Democratic Primary, I'm hoping for Dillon because he's not nearly as liberal as his opponent.
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 09:27:50 PM »

For the Republican Primary I'm hoping for Bouchard... But I'm thinking that Hoekstra will get it. As long as Cox stays out, were good Smiley

For the Democratic Primary, I'm hoping for Dillon because he's not nearly as liberal as his opponent.
For the Dems, i think your right. After two Terms with a Dem, odds are good the the state will swing right, and the Dems will need a center left candidate to appeal, if at all.

Anyone know anything about this Pete Snyder (GOP) guy?

Well Pete Hoekstra appears to be a decent conservative and has a much higher reputation than Snyder because he's currently a member of Congress. I'll probably vote for Hoekstra just to keep Cox out, even though I really wanted to see Bouchard win.

As far as Snyder goes, I have no idea who he is or where he came from... Or how he got so much publicity so fast.
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 09:38:38 PM »

For the Dems, i think your right. After two Terms with a Dem, odds are good the the state will swing right, and the Dems will need a center left candidate to appeal, if at all.

Anyone know anything about this Pete Snyder (GOP) guy?

Well Pete Hoekstra appears to be a decent conservative and has a much higher reputation than Snyder because he's currently a member of Congress. I'll probably vote for Hoekstra just to keep Cox out, even though I really wanted to see Bouchard win.

As far as Snyder goes, I have no idea who he is or where he came from... Or how he got so much publicity so fast.
Yeah I decided to use Google. Found his campaign site www.rickformichigan.com

seems... hmmm...

Seems like a lot of promises for someone who's never held political office...
There's just something about him that makes me uneasy.
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 09:51:27 AM »

Voted for Hoekstra today Smiley
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 01:29:06 PM »

Is there a way to see how the election is going so far? I can't seem to find anything.
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 04:24:45 PM »

No, I guess we just have to wait for the news at 11.

Here's a link that will post them live around the time the polls close at 8 pm:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/generic/news/politics/2010-Michigan-Primary-Electio
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 05:43:29 PM »

personally I think the other one is a bit cleaner
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 08:12:23 PM »

http://elections.nytimes.com/2010/governor/michigan
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 02:38:14 PM »

Well it looks like the nerd is our next governor. Bernero is a joke and everyone knows it. We all know how well he handled Lansing. I can't even imagine why so many Democrats supported him. I know Dillon wouldn't have won either but he would have had a better chance because of his somewhat centrist policies. But the fact is it's between a moderate and a liberal. And this time the moderate will prevail.
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 06:19:58 PM »

Well it looks like the nerd is our next governor. Bernero is a joke and everyone knows it. We all know how well he handled Lansing.

Really? You must not spend much time there. Old Town has been the focus of a lot of urban renewal projects, Common Ground continues to book hugely popular acts, and they've built new condos in the stadium district within the past five years. Downtown hasn't seen that much activity in a long time.

The fact of the matter is that Bernero can't campaign to save his life. Hell he threw his own party under the bus during his primary acceptance speech. He's gonna destroy himself all on his own and let Snyder take the cake. Not only that but he also has to worry about the damage Granholm has done over the past 7 years. Her record sure won't be of any help to him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies