Rate Kerry's Campaign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:46:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Rate Kerry's Campaign (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How well did John Kerry run his campaign?
A

B

C

D

E

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Rate Kerry's Campaign  (Read 17968 times)
GoldenSt8r
Rookie

« on: November 19, 2004, 12:10:17 AM »

Kerry often said that he was running his campaign the same way he drove his swift boat, meaning he'd just go head on at full speed into the problem.  He thought he could hit Dubya's strengths.  Maybe that works in combat, but it doesn't work in speeches and sound bites.  Sometimes he would say the most blatantly untruthful things that would leave your mouth wide open going "Huh?".  For instance, I remember one time Kerry saying "Geooooooorge Bush was soft on terrorism.  When I'm President I'm going to use all the resources available to hunt down every terrorist.''  Even Democrats had to be muttering to themselves "George Bush was soft on terrorism? Really?"  It just didn't jive with reality.  Tearing down the best qualities of the President was strategically unwise. 

Then there's the "dork factor".  Kerry got himself into so many predicaments that caused people to laugh at him.  (the bunny suit, waving those corn cobs out the bus window in Iowa, his various sports costumes, hugging John Edwards to death)  Go to FootballFansForTruth.com and look at all the dorky poses that were splashed on the front pages.  Embarrassing!

Well, there's more, but I'm tired of thinking about Kerry at the moment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies