New Senate Minority Leader
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:58:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  New Senate Minority Leader
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: New Senate Minority Leader  (Read 10161 times)
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2004, 11:05:14 PM »

How about issues like actually following the Constitution, including the 10th amendment?
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2004, 11:10:41 PM »

The thing with "partial birth abortion" (D&E) is as Vorlon said earlier, it's basically a big GOP scare campaign to win votes. The procedure is very rare, and the ban passed will hardly have any effect since it's pretty much just peformed to save the life of the mother anyway.

The numbers say otherwise.  I'm looking around for national numbers, which are hard to find, but it's on the order of thousands per year nationwide.  And, unless I'm really factually mistaken here, hardly ever to save the life of the mother.  I know that one year there were over 800 in Ohio alone.  Not counting the 1000s of "Dilation and Evacuation" procedures that were also performed.  In Ohio.  Alone.

It's not a scare tactic.  It's really happening.  Please someone correct me with real, documented statistics if I'm wrong, because I really wish I were.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2004, 11:12:16 PM »

How about issues like actually following the Constitution, including the 10th amendment?

A lost cause at this point, I'm afraid.  The choices are:

-Shut down about 95% of the Federal Government
-Add about 150 amendments to the Constitution
-Pretend the problem doesn't exist.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2004, 11:15:36 PM »

I'm for the shutting down 95% of the federal government option. But hey, we could always add one really, really long amendment.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2004, 11:35:01 PM »

Would be smart of Dems to think about leaders from the West. If Salazar is good, he'd be a great future leader for the party, like how Richardson could have and Cisneros was supposed to be.

What ever happened to Cisneros anyway?  Anybody see him on a milk carton or anything since Clinton left office?
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2004, 04:01:43 AM »

Reid would be good but I wonder if his understated manor would be a good fit for the job… perhaps Blanche Lincoln? Then again she pretty high up on my wish list for 2004 candidates, that said she’d be able to provide an appealing alternative to the Republican leadership.

The most important thing to do is to dump Pelosi and get a moderate House member like Ford promoted to minority leader! ASAP!!!!!! I always said she was useless and far too leftwing and I’d say I’ve been vindicated!     
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2004, 06:53:50 AM »

The most important thing to do is to dump Pelosi and get a moderate House member like Ford promoted to minority leader! ASAP!!!!!! I always said she was useless and far too leftwing and I’d say I’ve been vindicated!     

I agree with that sentiment, however the GOP has gotten along fine with Tom Delay in a leadership position, and he's as right-wing as she is left, including the district represented.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2004, 06:01:57 PM »

What ever happened to Cisneros anyway?  Anybody see him on a milk carton or anything since Clinton left office?

He had a scandal wherein he had put a woman he was having an affair with on the payroll at HUD. When the story broke he did not attempt to cover it up. He admitted it and it ruined him politically.

Forgot about that, thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies