If Bush lost Florida in the recount?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:25:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  If Bush lost Florida in the recount?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: If Bush lost Florida in the recount?  (Read 18608 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2010, 04:21:58 PM »

It just angers me when you neo-cons are all about war as long as your not fighting it.

I've supported just about every war this country has been in except for when Clinton did it without congressional approval.

So you supported Vietnam?

Yes but not how it was fought. We need to fight wars the way we know how to win with intelligence and technology. I supported Iraq but between 2004 and 2006 I thought we could've done better from the top. I think it was the summer of 2007 when we sent more troops as part of a new strategy.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2010, 06:30:52 PM »

I think that the democrats were trying to steal the white house in 2000, the fact of the matter is that Bush always led in the raw vote count in Florida. I think that it would have been right for Bush to have recounts in these other listed states no matter how close it was to inauguration day. The need was to stop the democrats from stealing the white house.

Gore wasn't trying to steal the White House. He just wanted to make sure all votes were counted properly so that Bush wouldn't steal the White House and wreck our country.

Ironically, had he, I would have supported that.
cpeeks
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2010, 06:57:46 PM »

It just angers me when you neo-cons are all about war as long as your not fighting it.

I've supported just about every war this country has been in except for when Clinton did it without congressional approval.

Yes but not how it was fought. We need to fight wars the way we know how to win with intelligence and technology. I supported Iraq but between 2004 and 2006 I thought we could've done better from the top. I think it was the summer of 2007 when we sent more troops as part of a new strategy.

Look genius no technology out there helps against ied's and people taking pot shots at you. You know nothing about war so stop acting like you do.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2010, 11:19:53 PM »

Look genius no technology out there helps against ied's and people taking pot shots at you. You know nothing about war so stop acting like you do.

Whoa are you angry?
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2010, 01:19:27 AM »

I think that the democrats were trying to steal the white house in 2000, the fact of the matter is that Bush always led in the raw vote count in Florida. I think that it would have been right for Bush to have recounts in these other listed states no matter how close it was to inauguration day. The need was to stop the democrats from stealing the white house.

Gore wasn't trying to steal the White House. He just wanted to make sure all votes were counted properly so that Bush wouldn't steal the White House and wreck our country.

He did want to do that at the end, but not initially.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2010, 01:44:26 AM »

Gore was a wanna be thief who felt he was entitled to the votes of minorities as if he were born with a silver spoon in hand.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2010, 01:51:20 AM »

Gore was a wanna be thief who felt he was entitled to the votes of minorities as if he were born with a silver spoon in hand.

Minorities did vote for him.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2010, 02:19:54 AM »

Minorities did vote for him.

Yes and he wanted even more.
cpeeks
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2010, 02:42:55 AM »

Gore was born with a silver spoon in his mouth? Bush wasnt? God your double standards just amaze me.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2010, 03:16:52 PM »

Gore was born with a silver spoon in his mouth? Bush wasnt? God your double standards just amaze me.

I'm pointing out that you only look at the situation from the anti-Bush point of view when the same things can be said about Gore.
cpeeks
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2010, 09:24:36 AM »

Probably your right because of the strong feeling I have towards him for what he did to this great nation. He set us back 20 years.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2010, 02:16:41 AM »

It's 2010.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2010, 01:13:40 PM »

I knew that for six months now.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2010, 02:49:53 PM »

Some of the people here act like it's 2000 still.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2010, 03:11:23 PM »

No, they don't. They're just really angry at Bush and the SC for stopping that recount without ordering a new one.
cpeeks
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2010, 03:26:14 PM »

No, they don't. They're just really angry at Bush and the SC for stopping that recount without ordering a new one.
[/quote

Ya know I wonder what the repubs would be saying if the situation was reversed.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2010, 03:47:11 PM »

Ya know I wonder what the repubs would be saying if the situation was reversed.

They would probably be saying that Gore stole the election by refusing to count all the ballots and hear the will of the people of Florida.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies