Freedom is dead, congradulations!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:28:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Freedom is dead, congradulations!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Freedom is dead, congradulations!  (Read 4694 times)
cabville
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2004, 12:52:09 AM »

Gay marriage bans passed everywhere, interfering with the lives of many gay Americans and their friends.

It's Christians imposing their morals on others.  Like if Islamists took over your state and forced the women to wear veils.  I don't see a difference.

Amerikans are the new fascists of this country, and I've seen it slept with a 't' and a 'd'.

Marriage is a ritual with literally eons of religious and cultural history.  The majority of Americans it believed it should remain as it is now and has always been, a union between a man and a woman.  This in your mind is fascist and imposing a moral value on others.  But when some fringe group decides that they have the right to dictate to everybody else who should be allowed to marry, you find no problem with it.  I have news for you.  That is imposing values also.  The difference is you agree with their Value So you don't mind when they're doing the imposing.

The bottom line is the pro gay lobby has no business dictating to everybody else how to conduct such a time honored tradition.  Marriage is a ritual, not a right.  It's not their place to whine and bellyache about it just because they can't have it.  And I'm getting all little get tired of arrogant leftists calling anybody who doesn't agree with them a bigot.
cabville
Rookie
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2004, 12:58:16 AM »

It's hard not to overreact at the prospect of 4 more years of government intrusion and imposed morals. 

gay marriage, affirmative action, abortion, etc. are all morals.  Your side tries to impose morals as much as anybody else.  They're just hypocritical about it because your intellectually dishonest and you happen to agree with that set of morals.

That being said, your side lives in a fantasy world.  Virtually no morals have been imposed in the last four years.  We do however support and will continue to support the basic traditional American values that have been in place for over two centuries.  Strangely enough, you people on the left seem to view this as anti American.  Like I said, you live in a fantasy world where up is down and down is up.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2004, 01:00:14 AM »

The Democratic party may move in the direction of state's rights. If so, the Libertarian party should join forces with the Democrats.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2004, 08:58:52 AM »

If they move in the direction of states' rights, I'll vote for them. Only on the federal level though, and only if they dump their support for Roe vs. Wade and higher taxes.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies