Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 11:32:00 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Constitution and Law (Moderator: True Federalist)
| | |-+  Supreme Court issues split decision on Arizona immigration law
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Supreme Court issues split decision on Arizona immigration law  (Read 2145 times)
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 01:47:27 am »
Ignore

Verify workers before they are hired. Increase enforcement to ensure proper verification is happening and of course make e verify available to help businesses and employers comply.
Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 11:23:57 pm »
Ignore

CARL, I'm familiar with the Hibbel decision and how it applies in law enforcement. I'm tired so I'll simply note that your applying it to immigration law, particularly AZ's, is dead wrong as usual. Good night Smiley

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
CARLHAYDEN
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 12:11:28 pm »
Ignore

Verify workers before they are hired. Increase enforcement to ensure proper verification is happening and of course make e verify available to help businesses and employers comply.

So, if alien s illegally present in this country are employed off the books as drug smugglers, prostitutes, etc, its ok since those lines of business don't use eVerity?

Registered in Arizona for Fantasy election purposes.
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2012, 01:18:31 pm »
Ignore

Then catch the drug smugglers as you would regularly ( prostitution shouldn't be a crime) and then deport them. The US already departs criminals at high rates and that should continue. Of course the magnitude of the crime should be taken into account as well.
True Federalist
Ernest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2012, 03:05:19 pm »

So, if alien s illegally present in this country are employed off the books as drug smugglers, prostitutes, etc, its ok since those lines of business don't use eVerity?

I do wonder why you keep acting as if the majority of illegals come here to commit other crimes.

Then catch the drug smugglers as you would regularly ( prostitution shouldn't be a crime) and then deport them. The US already departs criminals at high rates and that should continue. Of course the magnitude of the crime should be taken into account as well.

Agreed, and not just prostitution.  We should legalize, regulate, and tax the prostitution and recreational drug industries.  (Not all drugs, but the detrimental side effects from the international drug trade in marijuana, cocaine, and opiods combined with it being more cost effective to treat the use of those drugs as a medical problem rather than a criminal problem mean that I favor legalizing those.)

People find meaning and redemption in the most unusual human connections. Khaled Hosseini
CARLHAYDEN
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2012, 12:04:44 pm »
Ignore

I do wonder why you keep acting as if the majority of illegals come here to commit other crimes.

Agreed, and not just prostitution.  We should legalize, regulate, and tax the prostitution and recreational drug industries.  (Not all drugs, but the detrimental side effects from the international drug trade in marijuana, cocaine, and opiods combined with it being more cost effective to treat the use of those drugs as a medical problem rather than a criminal problem mean that I favor legalizing those.)

I never said anhtni ng about a majorityh.

However, a substantial number do commit crimes while illegally in the United States. 

You seem to want to cover up those crimes.

Registered in Arizona for Fantasy election purposes.
True Federalist
Ernest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2012, 12:47:28 pm »

I never said anhtni ng about a majorityh.

However, a substantial number do commit crimes while illegally in the United States. 

You seem to want to cover up those crimes.

No, I want to law enforcement to focus on serious crimes rather than being a pack of Javerts.

People find meaning and redemption in the most unusual human connections. Khaled Hosseini
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout