Atheists are "disgraceful"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:55:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Atheists are "disgraceful"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Atheists are "disgraceful"  (Read 4913 times)
Roemerista
MQuinn
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 5.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 02:18:36 PM »
« edited: July 07, 2010, 02:22:57 PM by MQuinn »

Christians who despise atheists, do so because they represent a possibility that what is fundamentally important to them, what they base a good portion of their life on, could be false. And no one, no matter how "religious" he may be, throughout his life will have low points in faith. Thus a Christian needs to rationalize the actions those who reject faith, G-d, established religion, etc. It cannot possibility be "rational," since the faithful believe themselves as rational in faith. So they must be "disgraceful." It is comforting I suppose.

Personally, I am in favor of the current Pledge. However, my endearment from my schooling years, except in college of course. That actually always bothered me that there was only one American Flag on my campus.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 03:19:06 AM »

Yes atheists are disgraceful, just like every single one of you disgusting wastes of zygotes are.
Now mow off, before I pull out the ugly stuff.

The fact I thought that you were both Libertas and that that comment was for real is a sad reflection.
Yeah, I would be kind of embarrassed if I got me and Libertas mixed up.  He has an unnatural fetish for fetuses, I think they are parasites.
Don't let it bother you too much though Winston, after all we both have light green New York avatars and similar looking flags.............

Haha.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 05:01:18 PM »

Yes atheists are disgraceful, just like every single one of you disgusting wastes of zygotes are.
Now mow off, before I pull out the ugly stuff.

The fact I thought that you were both Libertas and that that comment was for real is a sad reflection.
Yeah, I would be kind of embarrassed if I got me and Libertas mixed up.  He has an unnatural fetish for fetuses, I think they are parasites.
Don't let it bother you too much though Winston, after all we both have light green New York avatars and similar looking flags.............

Heh, I have mistaken you for Libertas several times over the last couple of days.

Well, if I changed my name to "Lew Rockwell is a douchebag", would it make it any easier?

I might confuse you with Tweed or somebody then. Replace Lew Rockwell with Pat Buchanan & it should work.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 02:41:29 PM »

Einzige was pretty "disgraceful". Yes.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 11:11:42 PM »

You probably haven't realized how many atheists you've met because they're completely normal people.  I AM and atheist and I've never met one "like that".  But don't let that get in the way of your ignorance.

And my family of heathens can probably beat yours down in the Christmas decorations department.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 11:15:15 PM »

You probably haven't realized how many atheists you've met because they're completely normal people.  I AM and atheist and I've never met one "like that".  But don't let that get in the way of your ignorance.

And my family of heathens can probably beat yours down in the Christmas decorations department.

You're saying your family decorates for Christmas even though you're atheists? I think that's great. There's something in Christmas for everyone regardless of faith. Did you know that Dec.25 used to be Mithra's birthday in the Roman Empire?
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 11:17:07 PM »

You're saying your family decorates for Christmas even though you're atheists? I think that's great. There's something in Christmas for everyone regardless of faith. Did you know that Dec.25 used to be Mithra's birthday in the Roman Empire?

That's the important part of my post for sure.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 11:35:28 PM »

People can believe whatever religion they want, or lack thereof. Personally, I'd describe myself as Agnostic with Catholic tendencies. However, I've been quite disgusted with the physical Church as of late.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2010, 11:43:57 PM »

Yes atheism and atheists are disgraceful. I have yet to get a straight answer on how something can come from nothing. Whatever the root of existence, first cause, first essence, first mover, any of that is, is God.

And what did your god come from, you baboon? God is something, no?

Oops, I'm arguing with the troll. Sorry!
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2010, 12:26:11 AM »

Yes atheism and atheists are disgraceful. I have yet to get a straight answer on how something can come from nothing. Whatever the root of existence, first cause, first essence, first mover, any of that is, is God.

And what did your god come from, you baboon? God is something, no?

Oops, I'm arguing with the troll. Sorry!

What are you getting at by troll? God by being God would not have a creator as a necessity. However, we can only speak from a finite perspective.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2010, 11:27:19 AM »

"Do not associate my name with anything you do. You are extremists, and you've hurt the Republican party much more than the Democrats have." - Barry Goldwater

That sums up my opinion on what Derek here said, & why I'm an independent.

Anyway, I agree with PiT, we don't need that phrase or the pledge, but it doesn't really affect anything if we keep them.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2010, 01:36:27 AM »

Well, the athiests bought the billboard and the christians vandalized it. So, they're in the wrong. (Would be the same if it were on the other foot)

As for "disgraceful", I really don't care what a christian, muslim, jew, buddist, or another athiest thinks of me, personally. Debating religion, sure. No problemo. But calling me disgraceful? Really?...

Well, whatever helps them sleep at night.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2010, 04:11:39 AM »

Round here, religious people are the exception rather than the rule.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies