GM Niles poses a question
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:09:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  GM Niles poses a question
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GM Niles poses a question  (Read 1036 times)
Niles Caulder

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2004, 11:01:00 AM »

First and foremost, I wish to apologize for my extended lethargy lately.  I'm struggling with some health issues and I haven't had the mental energy to devote to the forum as much as I feel the position of GM demands.

I feel like that's improving now, but as I review the goings-on of the past week or so--I've missed a lot.

I also have to look back at my own job performance and recognize a lot of room for improvement.  I'd like to publically apologize to the President and his cabinet for my lack of engagement following the brutal transition of getting an active and committed cabinet on board.

We're at a natural transition point with regard to many elements of the forum.  I regret the extent to which I contributed to them in a way that generated hard feelings.  That was never, never intended.  When it comes to the art of herding cats, I've made my own lack of talant fairly obvious...and incurring a spell of bad health really undermined the momentum of progress.

I'm still very honored to be this forum's GM.  I'd like to honor this forum by feeling out the waters and see if there's a consensus regarding whether someone more qualified, reliable, and palatable wishes to take on the GM post right now.

I'd still enjoy the job, and have the best intentions of moving the game of fantasy government forward.  A lot of people in this forum have worked hard and patiently to make that happen, and I'm not going to "light out" and have all their sacrifices be made for naught.  But I'd like to invite active forum members who have an interest in shaping the future of fantasy government and the nation of Atlasia to say so.  If there's a healthy consensus behind making a specific change, I'd like to facilitate a transition that's good for the forum.

Niles Caulder [the pompous fat-cat powermonger] will still be around, and enjoying every minute of it.

I love you guys!  Many more smiles to come!  Smiley
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 11:32:28 AM »

Are you kidding?YOu are an awsomme GM, and the Midgard Chronicle will only improve due to competition. Smiley
Keep up the good work!
TheBulldog
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 12:01:26 PM »

What does a GM do?
Niles Caulder

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 12:14:21 PM »

A GM moderates the fantasy world outside of the fantasy government.  He or she role-plays the federal bureaucracy as well as the bodies-politik of the world at large, foreign and domestic.  The GM is even the weather; Atlasian government has to deal with the occasional Hurricane like everyone else!

The GM dreams up events and challenges for the fantasy governments to face, and it's up to that government to do its best in dealing with it.  The GM determines the consequences of government activity upon the fantasy world.  It's a big job, and requires a lot of thought.  But it's fun as hell if you've got people interested in tackling the jobs they've been appointed to do.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 03:06:19 PM »

Niles, you're a wonderful GM Smiley
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 06:17:45 PM »

Stick arund, we all get sick somtimes.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 06:22:13 PM »

If you're able to keep doing it, DO IT. You're doing a good job.

If not, I'd be interested, but it's up to PBrunsel.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 01:01:20 PM »

But do get the headlines up from the last days of the Kennedy Administration, even if it doesn't come until we're out of office.  We'd all like to know how it went.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004, 01:55:33 PM »

Poor Niles Sad

Get well soon!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length