Angus-Reid: Palin, Huckabee top choices for US Republicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:44:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Angus-Reid: Palin, Huckabee top choices for US Republicans
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Angus-Reid: Palin, Huckabee top choices for US Republicans  (Read 1537 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 09, 2010, 07:59:49 AM »
« edited: August 09, 2010, 12:19:27 PM by wormyguy »

http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/view/35841/palin_huckabee_top_choice_for_us_republicans

This isn't actually a poll of people's primary voting intentions - it's a poll of whether they feel a given individual in a list of names would be a good president. That's arguably more interesting at this point, as these numbers are a rough function of name recognition times positive opinion.

Comments:

Support for both Palin and Huckabee is surprisingly high. I was not aware that Huckabee had such high name recognition. Romney and Gingrich have both been running very effective campaigns, boosting their support by 16 and 14 points, respectively, since November of 2009. Rudy Giuliani might actually have a shot based on these numbers - although he would probably be sunk (as in 2008) by his liberal views and his propensity for scandals. Tim Pawlenty has run an extremely ineffective campaign, unable to increase his support at all. In perhaps the biggest surprise, Ron Paul's support has actually decreased, the only serious contender to do so, and by a very large margin of 10 percent. That would be consistent with the hypothesis that the Tea Party movement peaked early this year. Gary Johnson has nearly doubled his support - but from 4 percent to 7 percent.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 11:57:49 AM »

Angus Reid? I remember them. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 12:05:04 PM »

Angus Reid? I remember them. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2010/05/05/angus-reid-has-labour-down-at-24-percent/

Britain's never heard of them since.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 12:32:03 PM »

Romney, Gingrich, and perhaps Giuliani have potential to be a "good president."

Not in terms of whether I agree with them, of course, but each has their own unique abilities that would serve them well in office. Romney has strong business acumen and a decent record as Governor (until he gave up in, essentially, 2004 to run for president). Gingrich has an outstanding grasp of policy issues, probably far better than whatever GOP nominee the party will settle on. Giuliani has a proven ability to govern and act under pressure.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 12:58:28 PM »

They've been surprisingly good at Canadian polling. I think they're a Canadian company or something.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies