Alternative Future 2020 - Gameplay Thread: October 2019
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:00:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Alternative Future 2020 - Gameplay Thread: October 2019
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Alternative Future 2020 - Gameplay Thread: October 2019  (Read 10129 times)
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2010, 06:40:44 PM »

Bob McDonnell has made a joint appearance with Eric Cantor in Cedar Rapids. Rush Limbaugh has endorsed Bob on the radio.

"As a fellow Virginia man, I know that Bob is a hard worker and he can get the job done. He is the only candidate in this race who is a true conservative that can stand up to he democrats when he know's when something is wrong. Bob McDonnell stood up to President Obama when he knew the President was not doing the right thing. Petreus did not. Petreus doesn't have the guts or the credibility to lead or nation. General Petreus works with the democrats. Bob works with the republicans, and is a true conservative that stands for American values. On election day, make the right choice. Vote for the man who will always be there for you. Vote for Bob."
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2010, 10:28:20 PM »

Curveball: There are no more caucuses due to reforms by both the RNC and DNC

Republicans have a winner take all system. Democrats will be awarded delegates by percentage of the vote if they get above the 15% threshold. To make my life easier we'll assume superdelegates have been done away with.

Delegates are locked to their candidate until after the first round of voting. If a candidate, whom has won delegates, drops out of the race and endorses another I'll guarantee that at least 60% of their delegates goes to the person that they endorsed.

Primary Schedule:

January 4: Iowa Primary (40R/57D)
January 8: New Hampshire Primary (12R/30D)
January 15: South Carolina (24R/54D
January 22: Nevada Primary (34R/33D)

After those we'll be following this schedule:

http://politics.nytimes.com/election-guide/2008/primaries/democraticprimaries/index.html

(All primaries will be held on the Democratic days, but we'll use the Respective Republican delegate numbers and Democratic numbers. Michigan and Florida will be on February 1st with Maine, they'll have their full delegates.)

Republican delegates: http://politics.nytimes.com/election-guide/2008/primaries/republicanprimaries/

Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 10:31:11 PM »

Crist asked by a reporter about the primary system: "I support the primary system. The only thing that should be changed is to make the Democrats have a winner take all system as well. But, with i will abide by the current system."
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 05:21:52 PM »

Flashback to February 3, 2019...

Governor Mike Pence, a Republican from Indiana, traveled to his home town of Richmond, IN to make an announcement:
Ever since I was elected to the House so long ago, I have had a passion - a passion for America: for her people, for her ideals, and for her survival. I've been here for the people of Indiana since 2001. It's 2019, and we're having a presidential election next year. I've thought long and hard about the choice I may have to make. I am announcing that I will run for President of the United States of America, to preserve her ideals and her people. With God's will, I hope to see you on the campaign trail."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 07:50:25 PM »

Carte Goodwin campaigns with Jeanne Shaheen in New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts. He campaigns on a platform of prosperity. The word "Prosperity" becomes the main word for the Goodwin campaign.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 08:26:53 PM »

End of October Polling:

Democratic Nomination:

Red: Crist
Blue: Goodwin

Iowa:

Goodwin: 30%
Crist: 18%

New Hampshire:

Crist: 23%
Goodwin: 20%

South Carolina:

Goodwin: 28%
Crist: 20%

California:
Crist: 25%
Goodwin: 20%

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 08:34:01 PM »

Carte Goodwin calls his campaign manager...

"What's up with this polling?"
"Well, Carte, it's pretty good for the most part. We're getting a lot of blue collar voters, and we have a chance to be at a great position by Super Tuesday. My only concern is why we're not winning the Northeast, given that you're much more liberal than Crist. We'll have to spend a couple days up there, mentioning often that Crist is a former Republican."
"Sounds great. Thanks a bunch."
"No problem, good luck sir."
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 08:36:16 PM »

Republican Primary Polling:

Red: Petraeus
Blue: McDonnell
Green: Pence

South Carolina:

McDonnell: 27%
Pence: 20%
Patraeus: 16%

Iowa:

Pence: 36%
McDonnell: 26%
Patraeus: 23%

New Hampshire:

Patreus: 32%
McDonnell: 26%
Pence: 25%

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 08:37:33 PM »

"Well, Carte, it's pretty good for the most part. We're getting a lot of blue collar voters, and we have a chance to be at a great position by Super Tuesday. My only concern is why we're not winning the Northeast, given that you're much more liberal than Crist. We'll have to spend a couple days up there, mentioning often that Crist is a former Republican."

I hope thats not a hit on me. My thinking has been that Crist is now more liberal since caucusing with the Democrats, but if you portray him as more conservative it'll do the trick regardless
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 08:40:33 PM »

I hope thats not a hit on me. My thinking has been that Crist is now more liberal since caucusing with the Democrats, but if you portray him as more conservative it'll do the trick regardless
That wasn't a hit on you. That's me showing you I plan on campaigning in the Northeast for future maps. Wink
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2010, 06:04:01 PM »

Sheldon Whitehouse holds a rally in Manchester, New Hampshire where he announces his intentions to run for President and backs Single-payer health care.

hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2010, 07:46:14 PM »

Petraeus campaigns in Iowa.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2010, 09:23:16 PM »

Carte Goodwin tours the Southwest, making stops in Colorado, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and southern California.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 10:35:43 PM »

Mike Pence travels through the South, visiting South Carolina, Florida, and New Orleans.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2010, 04:06:51 PM »

Mike Pence visits Iowa.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies