Senate Races 2006. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:37:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  Senate Races 2006. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Races 2006.  (Read 55840 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 05, 2004, 05:42:18 PM »

I'd like to see how the NJ Senate race plays out. Corzine might run for Gov.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 11:49:40 PM »

I'd like to see how the NJ Senate race plays out. Corzine might run for Gov.

I think he's pretty set against running for Governor in 2005 but I guess it could still happen. If so, the 2006 Senate race could mean the return of Republican Doug Forrester as a Senate candidate (he's running for Governor this year but if he wins the primary and has to face Corzine, it's almost guarenteed he'll lose). The Dems would probably put up either Bob Menendez or popular south Jersey Congressman Rob Andrews.

If Corzine stays in the Senate and runs for re-election in two years, he'll win easily.

Forrester is a loser. He spend like half a million on attack ads against Dan Rather in the whole Bush National Guard thing. Bob Menendez might run, hes a powerful House Dem, and a possible Senate candidate. Rob Andrews won't run for Senate, hes a possible contender for the governor in 2005. There are some other Dem possiblites for Senate. Sen. John Adler, my state senator who was chairman of kerry in nj, and chairman of the judiciary committee, is raising money for a '08 run for Senate incase Frank Lautenberg retires again. He could move it up to the '06 race if Corzine leaves for the Governors' Mansion. He was also the frontrunner for U.S. Atty. if Kerry would have won.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies