IN: Rasmussen: Ellsworth (D) languishing in the 20s against Coats (R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:41:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  IN: Rasmussen: Ellsworth (D) languishing in the 20s against Coats (R)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: IN: Rasmussen: Ellsworth (D) languishing in the 20s against Coats (R)  (Read 2266 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 10, 2010, 08:50:02 AM »

Coats (R) 50%
Ellsworth (D) 29%

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/indiana/election_2010_indiana_senate
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 11:54:10 AM »

Hm, hopefully Rebecca Sink-Burris is the "Other" candidate in this race. I have a feeling she could do very well with conservatives who aren't satisfied with Coats, if she can get her message out there.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 12:03:00 PM »

someone make career error?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 12:11:08 PM »

Oh well. Whenever Dick Lugar's seat opens up Ellsworth can run for that. Hopefully it'll be in a more favorable climate.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 12:20:16 PM »

This isnt news.  When Bayh retired, this seat moved to "Likely Republican".
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 05:54:15 PM »

Oh well. Whenever Dick Lugar's seat opens up Ellsworth can run for that. Hopefully it'll be in a more favorable climate.

If Lugar retired, a far stronger Republican would be running then Coats.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 06:37:57 PM »

Still cannot believe Coats is the Republican nominee. They seriously couldn't get Pence, Rokita, Skillman, Walorski, or someone else to their caliber to run when Indiana has such a heavy Republican bench?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 06:44:31 PM »

Still cannot believe Coats is the Republican nominee. They seriously couldn't get Pence, Rokita, Skillman, Walorski, or someone else to their caliber to run when Indiana has such a heavy Republican bench?

Why do you think Bayh waited until the last second to announce his retirement?
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 06:45:53 PM »

He was still declining in the polls even before he announced his retirement. That Sink-Burris person seems interesting, I wonder how much support she is polling in the state.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 06:47:07 PM »

I think that was directed to discourage Democrats, not the other way around ...
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 06:52:11 PM »

No Republicans could enter the race, and the state Democrats chose their strongest candidate without needing a divisive primary to force said candidate, who opposes even stem cell research, from the political center
timmer123
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 12:02:50 AM »

No Republicans could enter the race, and the state Democrats chose their strongest candidate without needing a divisive primary to force said candidate, who opposes even stem cell research, from the political center

Yup, with the help of Bayh the Democrats subverted the traditional election process.  I'd have rather had Hostettler as the nominee but Coats will do too. 
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 03:24:15 AM »

Yup, with the help of Bayh the Democrats subverted the traditional election process.  I'd have rather had Hostettler as the nominee but Coats will do too. 

It says a lot that the Democratic candidate is still getting demolished, eh? Bayh retiring looks like it will have been one of the greatest Republican coups of this election cycle.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 03:48:03 AM »

WHAT AN EXCITING RACE
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 08:18:43 PM »

This.

Republicans were so blessed to choose between a lobbyist who lives in Virginia, a guy who tried to bring a gun onto an airplane, and the Tea Party-favored candidate. Democrats didn't even get a say in who their nominee would be.

Then again, this race still would've been boring with Bayh still in it. I'm guessing he wants his old job back.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 08:39:14 PM »

This.

Republicans were so blessed to choose between a lobbyist who lives in Virginia, a guy who tried to bring a gun onto an airplane, and the Tea Party-favored candidate. Democrats didn't even get a say in who their nominee would be.

Then again, this race still would've been boring with Bayh still in it. I'm guessing he wants his old job back.
It's obvious who the lobbyist is, and Hostettler is the only candidate dumb enough to bring a gun on a plane, which leaves Stutzman as the Tea-party backed candidate. Are you so narrow-minded that you'll rule out a candidate simply because another group of people also likes that candidate? I bet the Tea Party would also favor FDR over Hitler. Does that mean you'd back Hitler?

Marlin Stutzman is simply one of the greatest and most sincere politicians in this day and age. He is my choice for President in 2016, and he should have been the Republican nominee for Senator in 2010.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 09:00:26 PM »

http://www.fortwaynereader.com/story.php?uid=1719

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 10:11:56 PM »

Lugar just announced he's running for reelection. So, 2018 then?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 10:38:27 PM »

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/SE/20100812/NEWS/8120358

Wow!
Look for a challenge from the right in 2012. If it's actually a decent candidate, they may win too. I've heard a lot of conservatives mumbling about Dick Lugar, especially after he voted to confirm Kagan.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 10:42:36 PM »

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/SE/20100812/NEWS/8120358

Wow!
Look for a challenge from the right in 2012. If it's actually a decent candidate, they may win too. I've heard a lot of conservatives mumbling about Dick Lugar, especially after he voted to confirm Kagan.

What? Really? Lugar votes conservatively on virtually everything really, except maybe for some foreign policy decisions and executive nominees.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 10:49:36 PM »

Wow!

What? Really? Lugar votes conservatively on virtually everything really, except maybe for some foreign policy decisions and executive nominees.
Apparently he's liberal on illegal immigration and foreign policy. Immigration is oddly a rather big deal in Indiana, despite being like, a thousand miles from the border.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 10:51:22 PM »

Very strange. I would feel perfectly comfortable voting for Lugar, myself....but he's nothing but a conservative Smiley
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 10:54:45 PM »

Wow!

I guess he must be one of those solid right-wingers like Chuck Hagel who votes solid Republican but doesn't quite show quite enough craziness to keep the Republican base happy. Meanwhile, no one cares what the Democratic base thinks.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2010, 07:48:51 AM »

Lugar voted for the Matthew Shepard Act, so he's probably not homophobic enough either.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2010, 10:20:41 AM »

Ok, I'm giving up 99% of my hope on this race. I thought Coats was too crappy to be elected, but he's clearly an acceptable candidate and that's all it's going to take to win in Indiana this year.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies