Ex. Sen. Stevens (R-AK) killed in plane crash
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:03:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ex. Sen. Stevens (R-AK) killed in plane crash
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Ex. Sen. Stevens (R-AK) killed in plane crash  (Read 12030 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2010, 12:42:18 AM »

The list of famous folks who die in plane crashes in Alaska has become quite long, starting with Will Rogers, and including Hale Boggs.  Sad. RIP Sen Stevens.

Well, it's sort of an important means of transportation in Alaska, as I'm sure you're well aware. The amount of crashes is probably about average for the amount of hours that are flown up there. I don't think planes are used as such a ready source of transportation anywhere else in the US. Have you ever seen the show about the Alaskan State Troopers? It's a lot of work to move a prisoner from point A to point B.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2010, 01:25:42 AM »

An interesting end to an interesting creature. He will sort of be missed.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2010, 01:50:54 AM »

Kalwejt I find your hysterical, crying-and-looking-up-at-the-sky-saying-why-god-why-behavior when tragedies happen to be offensive. You acted this way when President Kaczynski died earlier this year as well. Ted Stevens was a disgrace in addition to any corruption happened under his watch. Just because someone famous died doesn't mean you have to become their #1 Fan. The man was a U.S. Senator in charge of commerce and had no idea what the Internet was! He screamed at his fellow Senators for threatening to take money away from his fiefdom. He was no statesman, he doesn't deserve any RIPs.

Thank God someone has some common sense around here. Marokai did as well. My thoughts exactly.

Not to be too much of a hack on such a sad day, but I have to say this.

I hardly think Kennedy (I assume you are refering to Ted) was any better.

Ted Kennedy had Chappaquiddick.

Its partly because of sentiment like this quote from an unknown troll that I have no sympathy for Stevens.

Ted Stevens wasn't fit to clean the floors Ted Kennedy walked on.

You're a jerkoff, post reported for trolling.

I don't share his level of animosity towards Stevens but that was hardly trolling, that was just his opinion.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2010, 02:17:33 AM »

My condolences to his family.

I find it interesting to contrast some of the opinions given in this thread with those regarding fellow corrupt porkmeister John Murtha.  Cubby's "disgust" evidenced therein juxtaposes nicely.

Mad respect to Brittain and Hawkeye for keeping it civil in both threads.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2010, 02:25:33 AM »

I find it interesting to contrast some of the opinions given in this thread with those regarding fellow corrupt porkmeister John Murtha.  Cubby's "disgust" evidenced therein juxtaposes nicely.

Pretty typical partisan hackery on the part of Cubby.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2010, 02:28:04 AM »

I don't share his level of animosity towards Stevens but that was hardly trolling, that was just his opinion.

Being a porkmeister hardly deserves such animosity. In the end is corruption, like Byrds really didn't hurt anyone directly and while what he did was very wrong, no one of his level of corruption deserves to go out that way. Now, if you were talking Jeffrey Dahmer, that's another story.
Mjh

« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2010, 02:39:52 AM »

Kalwejt I find your hysterical, crying-and-looking-up-at-the-sky-saying-why-god-why-behavior when tragedies happen to be offensive. You acted this way when President Kaczynski died earlier this year as well. Ted Stevens was a disgrace in addition to any corruption happened under his watch. Just because someone famous died doesn't mean you have to become their #1 Fan. The man was a U.S. Senator in charge of commerce and had no idea what the Internet was! He screamed at his fellow Senators for threatening to take money away from his fiefdom. He was no statesman, he doesn't deserve any RIPs.

Thank God someone has some common sense around here. Marokai did as well. My thoughts exactly.

Not to be too much of a hack on such a sad day, but I have to say this.

I hardly think Kennedy (I assume you are refering to Ted) was any better.

Ted Kennedy had Chappaquiddick.

Its partly because of sentiment like this quote from an unknown troll that I have no sympathy for Stevens.

Ted Stevens wasn't fit to clean the floors Ted Kennedy walked on.

You don't have to act like an a**hole just because you are writing on an internett forum you know?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2010, 02:40:21 AM »

RIP. I supported Begich two years ago, but this is a very tragic end for one of our longest serving senators.

As a casual thought, he lived a full life of public service, successfully fought off the government charges against him to avoid dying in a jail cell, and passed away in a non-torturous manner at the age of 86.

RIP, of course.  

Now that's ironic. If he had pleaded guilty he would be safe and very much alive in his jail cell.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2010, 03:17:41 AM »

What a shame.  RIP Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2010, 07:58:32 AM »

Man, if I ignored everyone who lost my respect, I'd really just be communicating with three or four people here

hughughug back to you too, sweetie.  Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2010, 12:20:24 PM »

RIP and condolences to his family.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2010, 04:16:03 PM »

Honestly, unlike some assholes on here I am not shooting white love lazers everywhere over this man's death, but I'm not shedding any tears either.

So I guess I'll go with the "not black and white" option on this one.

For the record the assholes I'm referring to are the posters who get masturbatory highs over the death of politicians they don't like.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies