CA: Survey USA: Fiorina defeats Boxer by 5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:17:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  CA: Survey USA: Fiorina defeats Boxer by 5 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA: Survey USA: Fiorina defeats Boxer by 5  (Read 6606 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: August 12, 2010, 08:33:53 PM »
« edited: August 12, 2010, 08:36:08 PM by Lunar »

Hmm, Fiorina is doing remarkably well with minorities. 40% with Hispanics, 26% with blacks, leading among Asians, any insights? Or is this an outlier?

Unlike Whitman, who has poured tens of millions of dollars into minority outreach, I'm not aware if Fiorina has done any such thing, and I don't think she has, as she's been 100% focused on running ridiculous ads in her primary until recently and lacks Whitman's dough to flush money down every avenue.

I don't know what to say to this poll, except that SUSA can be really swingy, and that it's economically advantageous for all pollsters to show large swings in political races, as stability is boring for news stations.  Boxer's in for a tough race, but really, even if SUSA is right on the mark here, Fiorina is vulnerable because of the oppo dump that has not come remotely close to materializing against her.  

Even my Republican partisan friends have gotta admit, the hammer has yet to drop.  The dealings with Iran, the destroying of HP, the golden parachute, that's all gotta hit.  So even if Boxer is currently behind, there's no inherent reason to expect Fiorina to remain palatable once the oppo dump occurs.  There's not really the same thing against Boxer, voters already have formed opinions about her, Democrats like her, and Independents are open to a legitimate alternative, but I don't think Fiorina is a a grenade blast close to a legitimate alternative yet.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 09:24:19 PM »

All Fiorina needs to do is keep running ads with the "call me Senator" bit, though.

** You say "keep running ads" -- has she done this already?  Honest question, would love to see them.

** That's  not what's going to win th is race.  Macaca gaffes can determine races, a woman bristling at being called "mam" is not gonna shift this race 5 points this way or that.  C'mon, the amount of oppo on Carlyfornia is insane, like, at an almost unprecedented level.  She was paid millions of dollars just to go away and quit running HP!  She was fired from the MCain team for being a fool.    "Call me Senator" was a gaffe on Boxer's part, but it's not gonna change the election.  Hell, it's even less relevant than Vitter liking whores
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies