Axis and Allies Game II - Round 7 UK - FINISHED: AXIS WIN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:58:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Axis and Allies Game II - Round 7 UK - FINISHED: AXIS WIN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Author Topic: Axis and Allies Game II - Round 7 UK - FINISHED: AXIS WIN  (Read 52481 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2010, 11:31:59 AM »

Oh, this turn looks fun. It's my first week of classes right now, but I'll have the orders in by tomorrow- I want to be thorough with this. Sorry for the slight delay.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2010, 02:52:49 PM »

No problem. This is a sufficiently important turn that a little extra suspense is in order. Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2010, 04:00:14 AM »

Hitler was enraged by the British. He had always thought of them as an Aryan kindred spirit and could not help feeling disappointed by the stab in the back delivered by the British. As revenge he had ordered his forces to go on the offensive. He wanted the Brits out of the North Sea and out of Scandinavia. And out of Africa. Worried officers tried to explain that the last part was impossible to achieve yet, since Africa was too big.

Undaunted, the other goals were aimed at with the fervour that only Hitler's rethoric could inspire in men. Naval and air forces swept into the North Sea while ground forces entered Finland.

Further South, armoured divisions charged through Africa, racing each other for getting first to South Africa, by ending in a disappointing tie.

A grumbling Hitler eventually caved to the high command and also allowed an attack on Belorussia to keep the Soviets on their toes.

The naval battle was fierce and ended in the bloody destruction of both fleets. Seeing their lines to the British Isles cut off, the British troops in Scandinavia meekly surrendered.

In Belorussia the initial infantry attack was repulsed with the German infantry wiped out. Only when the tanks and air support came belatedly to the scene did the Russian positions get overrun.

Non-con moves please!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2010, 03:44:15 PM »

The rest of my orders have been sent!
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2010, 05:06:32 PM »

Nice turn BK.  So far I believe I am the only one to have an attack fail.  This has turned out to be a real interesting game.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2010, 06:39:27 PM »

The victorious German fighters over the North Sea landed in the new German power base of Goebbelsgrad. The German fighters in Belorussia moved to the Ukraine while those German forces not already there moved to the front in the East. In Africa the infantry in Egypt moved to Libya to stave off a potential American assault. An industrial complex to counter the British presence in Africa was then constructed, while tanks and infantry were mobilized, mostly in Germany but also in Italy.

Britain turn 2, go ahead!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2010, 06:44:44 PM »

I guess the map suddenly decided to turn great. Too bad it messes up the page. /:

Statistically, the Axis now have the edge in units (82-78) and TUV (526-509) while the Allies remain ahead in production (89-77).

IPC on hand:

Soviet Union: 26
Germany: 44
Britain: 31
Japan: 34
US: 41

Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2010, 07:38:34 PM »

Is this being played to a minor, major, or total victory?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2010, 04:12:46 AM »

I just realized that we never decided that on beforehand. I think we'll play towards major or total or perhaps to when one sides decides they have no chance anymore.

We're not going to play to minor unless every player agrees to it, since it affects strategy so much.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2010, 05:38:54 AM »

Having no navy left (almost) it was now up to the RAF to rule the waves. In cowardly attacks on unprotected German transports in the Baltics and Japanese ones in the Malaysian Straits the enemy ships were easily sunk. In Asia, the hapless Japanese forces met the horrible fate of death by drowning.
Túrin Turambar
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2010, 05:54:29 AM »

"Rule Britannia, Brits shall not be slaves, enemies of the UK shall drink waves ..." Wink
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2010, 01:43:55 PM »

F***!  How did I not see that? 

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2010, 03:53:24 PM »

Well, you can't say I didn't try and hint a little bit. /:

Anyway, British non-combat moves are in and were not particularly exciting. The RAF cowards, with glorious actions such as the liberation of Norway now being nothing but a distant memory returned to their home bases. The scattered remnants of the British navy gathered safely north of Ireland together with newly built transports, while armour and infantry were deployed in South Africa to keep Africa a bastion of freedom.

In India industrial capacity was deployed to prepare the war against the Japanese.

Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2010, 07:51:57 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2010, 08:23:55 PM by Junkie »

Hey how come the RAF is cowardly for taking out of single transports, while the German navy recieved no such negative comments when they attacked a defenseless transport in Canadian waters?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2010, 07:40:35 PM »

Hey how come the RAF is cowardly for taking out of single transports, while the German navy recieved no such negative comments when they attacked a defenseless transport in Canadian waters?

A submarine against a transport is nowhere near as cowardly as 2 fighters plus one bomber against a transport. Tongue

And the submarine had nowhere else to go. And it was cowardly killed by American air force on the next round.

Anyway, I am trying to keep the neutral log as well, just so you know. Wink
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2010, 12:00:37 AM »

Gustaf's had a very good reminder that I haven't played the Revised Edition since I was 12.  I've made several stupid errors sending in orders.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2010, 04:22:40 AM »

The remaining Japanese infantry with support from all the air units on the mainland continued their relentless assault on the Chinese intifada. The outnumbered Japanese infantry, not knowing their way around the Sinkiang deserts all died from lack of water, but the Chinese infantry, unable to hide was massacred by the Japanese fighter planes, gunning them as they ran for non-existent cover like headless hens.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2010, 06:06:31 PM »

The Japanese now mustered their naval units around the Caroline Islands, while also moving most of the air force to New Guinea, their work in Hawaii done.

The successful air units in China flew South to Indochina.

Further north fresh armour and infantry were transported to Buryatia, further strengthening the Japanese position there, while the rest of the new recruits, in spite of the last experience of infantry boarding transports, fearlessly sailed out on the seas. Wise from experience the transports were now protected by the entire Japanese navy.

While industrial capacity was developed in Manchuria, infantry and submarines were mobilized to keep Japan strong and sun-rise-y.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2010, 04:13:18 AM »

The Americans continued to invade Africa, apparently figuring it to be the kind of thing that never gets old.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2010, 05:20:26 AM »

The American pacific navy decided to chill out in Alaska to keep the lonesome infantry there company.

A new industrial complex was constructed in Sinkiang to bolster the Chinese resistance. New transports were constructed on the East Coast and aircraft carriers on the West coast.

Finally, the Americans, being the good buddies they are, sent their fighters in Britain to Moscow to help defend the Russians and their Atlantic ships to Britain to help the Royal Navy.

Soviet's turn!

You have 26 PUs. Allies are ahead 90-76 in production and 83-81 in units.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2010, 05:32:24 AM »

Tb75 has told me that he must drop out due to other things going on in his life. So, if anyone wants to take over the US send me a PM or post in this thread to that effect.

On to Soviet's turn. A shaken Stalin decided to take a more cautious approach. Forces were sent to aid the Chinese battle for freedom (although those remembering Stalin's meddling in the Spanish Civil War were not overly thrilled).

Infantry and artillery were mobilized and the front slightly reshuffled to prepare for the German onslaught.

Bacon King, let me know if you want specific pictures, but since there was no combat and I was in a hurry, I decided not to. You have 44 PUs.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2010, 11:01:56 AM »

Hey, sorry for not having sent my info in yet, I've been very sick and thus away from the internet lately. The world map is fine; I'll have my movements posted tonight.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2010, 08:08:29 PM »

Has been a real good game so far.  I think everyone has been playing very well, but Bacon King's moves as Germany have been great!  Of course, I have concentrated on them more because he is spending so much time kicking my rear.

Here are some moves that really struck out to me:

Most Shocking Move: Germany taking Egypt without a single casualty.  Turned the game for the allies upside down.  At least temporarily, we will see how it pans out.

Most Potential to Adverserly Effect the Other Side for the Entire Game: Japan taking out the British Fleet and sinking the Australian Army.  It puts India in danger, opens up Australia, forces more resources into Africa and away from the European front.  Ballsy move that really paid off.

Costly Mistake: Tied between
(1) Russia leaving its fighters in the Caucusus.  I am really regretting losing my air force. Very dumb on my part.
and (2) Japan leaving its army on transports waiting to be destroyed.  Whatever pressure was put on India before was quickly negated by that move..
Túrin Turambar
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2010, 08:20:23 AM »

What is happening? A long time has passed now ...
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2010, 08:51:31 AM »

I sent in my moves, then Gustaf asked one question pertaining to my moves, I answered that it was irrelevant in the situation, then he pointed out that a move I was making was not allowed, so then I responded with a revised move set. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies