The Atlasian Caucus for Improved Education (ACIE)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:06:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Caucus for Improved Education (ACIE)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Caucus for Improved Education (ACIE)  (Read 4020 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2010, 07:15:31 PM »

Congrats
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2010, 07:30:10 PM »

Too bad I missed the vote. But congratulations to tmthforu94 and oakvale, I hope you will work together very well in heading this group.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2010, 02:03:41 AM »

...and?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2010, 07:25:49 AM »

Don't worry, I've noticed that inactivity is pretty much the norm for all pressure groups and the like here. Tongue

That said, tmthforu and I discussd some education-related stuff  recently, so that's something. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2010, 09:32:49 AM »

I apologize, I briefly got sidetracked.
As Oakvale said, we have had several discussions on possible improvements, and we both plan on using our positions to help further this cause. I began working on a possible reform bill in the Mideast that could potentially be spread to the other regions, with some minor changes for each region.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2010, 04:46:18 PM »

Statement from the President...

Oakvale and I have continued to work on ways to improve this caucus and make it actually worthwhile. Recently, a bill was introduced in the Pacific Statue regarding education, and I commend Oakvale for making an effort.

With elections coming up very soon, this caucus will not be making any official endorsements. Why? Because we all know that caucus endorsements really don't matter other than something for the candidates to brag about.

However, members of this caucus still believe education is a very important issue facing Atlasia and must be addressed. That is why we are inviting all candidates running for a position on any level of government to say a few words here regarding their ideas and positions on education. I'm sure the statements made by the candidates will have some effect on our vote.

Thank you!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2010, 06:17:22 PM »

Follow-up to President Tmthforu's statement, as given by caucus Vice-President Oakvale...

Hello, Presidential candidates! The recent issues Presidential elections are fought on have been based around the idea of game reform, but that's not the only kind of reform that matters. Simply put, what, if any, are your ideas for education reform? Smiley

PS: Oh, also, I've introduced what I think is a fairly decent bill into my region's legislature, providing incentives for students to take math and science courses in college, although it's since been amended since Ebowed took some umbrage with the tone Tongue.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies