2008 Election TL ( Sign Up/Discussion Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:00:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election TL ( Sign Up/Discussion Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2008 Election TL ( Sign Up/Discussion Thread)  (Read 6778 times)
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2010, 04:30:23 PM »

I'm going to open the Gameplay thread now. You can still join, please do.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 08:20:14 PM »

I have a question - are we doing a virtual Administration as well?
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 08:23:06 PM »

I don't know, never seen anyone get that far.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 08:31:13 PM »

I don't know, never seen anyone get that far.

It would be great, in my opinion
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 12:53:00 PM »

The game's pretty much over, no?

I mean, only 2 people left, and only 1 of them is actually "playing". By this rate, he'll win with 90% of the vote in November.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2010, 02:05:10 PM »

I mean, only 2 people left, and only 1 of them is actually "playing". By this rate, he'll win with 90% of the vote in November.

Pretty much, another somebody wants to sign up third party before August.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2010, 02:28:33 PM »

Why not just give True Conservative the Democratic slot, since tb75 isn't active? That way this can be the first timeline to actually make it to the election. Tongue
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2010, 02:31:01 PM »

Why not just give True Conservative the Democratic slot, since tb75 isn't active? That way this can be the first timeline to actually make it to the election. Tongue

a third party would be better because Warner is already the nominee.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2010, 06:42:27 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2010, 06:45:15 PM by Mideast Assemblyman True Conservative »

I'd gladly rejoin as Mike Huckabee and run third-party BUT seeing as tmthforu94 wanted to beat me above all (I was playing as Mike, after all Tongue), and it was pretty nasty, I'm not sure I wish to redo all of that.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2010, 08:13:20 PM »

I'd gladly rejoin as Mike Huckabee and run third-party BUT seeing as tmthforu94 wanted to beat me above all (I was playing as Mike, after all Tongue), and it was pretty nasty, I'm not sure I wish to redo all of that.

Believe me, I've experienced his ruthlessness myself. Besides, right now Huckabee is the only third party that could start out around 20%.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2010, 08:21:37 PM »

Believe me, I've experienced his ruthlessness myself. Besides, right now Huckabee is the only third party that could start out around 20%.
Tongue
You should have been able to understand that Mitt Romney is so great he'd automatically defeat Huckabee in any contest. I was only putting you in line.
(In case there is an overreaction by True Conservative where he accuses me of a horrible hack, this was sarcastic)
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2010, 08:23:46 PM »

Tongue
You should have been able to understand that Mitt Romney is so great he'd automatically defeat Huckabee in any contest. I was only putting you in line.
(In case there is an overreaction by True Conservative where he accuses me of a horrible hack, this was sarcastic)

lol
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2010, 04:38:43 PM »

Go for it. Looking at how this is going, that'll probably still put Warner in third place. As long as he doesn't win (he shouldn't) I'm fine, as I'll still have an advantage since I'll have more party support. Don't expect me to be nice, though, and I'll still attack you in character for running. You could run as Bloomberg, who'd probably do well.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2010, 08:17:48 PM »

Go for it. Looking at how this is going, that'll probably still put Warner in third place. As long as he doesn't win (he shouldn't) I'm fine, as I'll still have an advantage since I'll have more party support. Don't expect me to be nice, though, and I'll still attack you in character for running. You could run as Bloomberg, who'd probably do well.

Then, I'm not running. I said I don't want to repeat what has happened in the past, and I won't. Win/lose on your own.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2010, 07:36:24 PM »

Are we EVER going to get this back on the road? Can we just skip to Convention time, and assume that polling hasn't changed?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies