2008 Election TL ( Sign Up/Discussion Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:01:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election TL ( Sign Up/Discussion Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Election TL ( Sign Up/Discussion Thread)  (Read 6847 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: August 15, 2010, 04:33:19 PM »

Since I oddly haven't taken him yet, I'll be Mitt Romney. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 08:04:35 PM »

Sebelius wasn't a candidate in 2008.

Anyway, I'll obviously play as Mike Huckabee. I know that my friend tmthforu94 (who is playing as Romney) hates him (very irrationally), so I have no choice but to be his arch-nemesis in this race Wink Evil So, I'll play as Mike.
I'm going to go ahead and get this out of the way now, Officepark....

Anything directed by me towards you and your character during this gameplay are not personal. You're still a great friend of mine regardless. Smiley I just wanted to clear the air because I know this will get ugly. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 02:28:33 PM »

The game's pretty much over, no?

I mean, only 2 people left, and only 1 of them is actually "playing". By this rate, he'll win with 90% of the vote in November.

Pretty much, another somebody wants to sign up third party before August.
Why not just give True Conservative the Democratic slot, since tb75 isn't active? That way this can be the first timeline to actually make it to the election. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 08:21:37 PM »

I mean, only 2 people left, and only 1 of them is actually "playing". By this rate, he'll win with 90% of the vote in November.

Why not just give True Conservative the Democratic slot, since tb75 isn't active? That way this can be the first timeline to actually make it to the election. Tongue

a third party would be better because Warner is already the nominee.

I'd gladly rejoin as Mike Huckabee and run third-party BUT seeing as tmthforu94 wanted to beat me above all (I was playing as Mike, after all Tongue), and it was pretty nasty, I'm not sure I wish to redo all of that.

Believe me, I've experienced his ruthlessness myself. Besides, right now Huckabee is the only third party that could start out around 20%.
Tongue
You should have been able to understand that Mitt Romney is so great he'd automatically defeat Huckabee in any contest. I was only putting you in line.
(In case there is an overreaction by True Conservative where he accuses me of a horrible hack, this was sarcastic)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 04:38:43 PM »

a third party would be better because Warner is already the nominee.

I'd gladly rejoin as Mike Huckabee and run third-party BUT seeing as tmthforu94 wanted to beat me above all (I was playing as Mike, after all Tongue), and it was pretty nasty, I'm not sure I wish to redo all of that.
Go for it. Looking at how this is going, that'll probably still put Warner in third place. As long as he doesn't win (he shouldn't) I'm fine, as I'll still have an advantage since I'll have more party support. Don't expect me to be nice, though, and I'll still attack you in character for running. You could run as Bloomberg, who'd probably do well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies