2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:13:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: 2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 28648 times)
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2010, 07:48:10 PM »

Florida

Romney 43.1% 25
Huckabee 42.3% 24
Tancredo 14.6% 8

Maine

Romney 68.8% 14
Huckabee 25.4% 0
Tancredo 5.8% 0

Romney Red; Huckabee Blue

Delegate Count
Romney 123
Huckabee 69
Tancredo 33
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2010, 07:57:37 PM »

Mitt Romney addresses a hyper crowd in Orlando, Florida, where he is accompanied by former President George H.W. Bush and Charlie Crist...

Friends, we have done it! Months of hard work has paid off, and we scored a huge win tonight! First, before I forget, I'd like to congratulate both Tancredo and Huckabee on their showings. Both are great men, and would make fine Presidents.

Now, I'm not one to get to presumptuous, but I think we're in pretty good shape! (crowd roars) With a huge delegate lead, I believe nothing will stop us from taking this campaign all the way to the White House! Tonight, Floridians chose a path of conservative leadership. I thank you all, and I look forward to visiting this state more in the fall. Thank you, and God Bless!!!

RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2010, 07:58:55 PM »

Mike Huckabee concedes both states in a statement released the next day.

He also begins campaigning for Super Tuesday, with the first rallies taking place in Grand Forks, North Dakota, and Minneapolis, Minnesota. He appears with 2 new endorsements, Governor John Hoeven (ND) and Senator Norm Coleman (MN).
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2010, 08:00:28 PM »

Tom Tancredo congratulates Governor Romney on his victory and starts a cross-country tour in preparation for Super Tuesday.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2010, 05:33:07 PM »

Mitt Romney campaigns with Timothy Pawlenty in Minnesota and North Dakota...

I'm proud to support Mitt Romney because I believe he is the strongest and most conservative candidate in this race. It's time for the White House to have a leader who is fiscally conservative who will lower our national deficit, and Mitt is our man!
- Tim Pawlenty
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2010, 07:17:40 PM »

Governor Romney has supporters out for him in many Super Tuesday states, while the Governor himself is spending his time in Georgia with Representative Nathan Deal and Lt. Governor Casey Cagle.

Romney's campaign manager has released a list of where notable politicians are stumping for Romney. He states that the campaign is emphasizing on Georgia, Tennessee, Oklahoma, and Missouri, and has also been investing into the Northeast, where they hope to have strong performances.

John Thune - North Dakota
John Sununu/Jodi Rell - Connecticut, New York
Judd Gregg - New York
Arlen Specter - New Jersey, Delaware
Laura Ingraham - Illinois, Missouri
Sean Hannity - Tennessee, Alabama
Ross Perot - Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska
Ted Stevens/Lisa Murkowski - Alaska
Fred Thompson - Tennessee
Karen Handel - Georgia
George HW Bush - Georgia
Sam Brownback - Kansas
Jim Talent - Missouri

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2010, 07:20:19 PM »

When asked who the President planned on endorsing, Press Secretary Dana Perino made the following remark..

The President has certainly looked into the race, and plans on making an endorsement very soon. He believes one candidate is beginning to stand out and emerge as the front-runner, but hasn't decided to make an official endorsement. I do expect one to occur before the President's home state, Texas, votes.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2010, 07:29:40 PM »

January 2008 Week 5

TOMORROW IS SUPERTUESDAY!!!

Upcoming Primaries

February Week 1- Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Massachuessetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey,  New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia, Kansas, Nebraska, Louisiana, Washington
February Week 2- DC, Maryland, Virginia
February Week 3- Wisconsin, Hawaii
February Week 4- No Primary
March Week 1- Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont

Republicans
Romney 49.6%
Huckabee 37.9%
Tancredo 7.5%

Blue-Romney, Light Blue-Huckabee

Colorado
Romney 41.7%
Tancredo 28.4%
Huckabee 24.9%

Georgia
Romney 44.7%
Huckabee 44.6%
Tancredo 6.7%

Missouri
Huckabee 46.5%
Romney 38.9%
Tancredo 9.6%

North Dakota
Huckabee 41.6%
Romney 39.0%
Tancredo 14.4%

Tennessee
Huckabee 49.1%
Romney 39.1%
Tancredo 6.8%

General Election Matchups

Romney 48%
Warner 39%

Huckabee 43%
Warner 40%

Warner 40%
Tancredo 28%
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2010, 08:09:29 PM »

Mike Huckabee announces a nationwide tour of the Super Tuesday states, from California to New York.

He also has several new endorsements campaigning on his behalf.

"Actually, my friends, I considered running for president myself. But, I chose not to, because we already have a candidate who I know will be strong going into November, and who will stand up for conservative values. That candidate, my friends, is Mike Huckabee! If you want a true conservative 44th presidency, I ask you to vote for Mike Huckabee tomorrow."

--Duncan Hunter, announcing his support for Mike Huckabee in San Diego, CA

He also is endorsed by George Radanovich, another Represenative from California.

Also campaigning for him are Jon Kyl, Trent Franks and John Shadegg (AZ), Jack Kingston (GA), Jim Risch (ID), John Shimkus (IL), Norm Coleman and John Kline (MN), Matt Blunt (MO), Denny Rehberg (MT), John Hoeven (ND), and Doc Hastings, Cathy McMorris Rodgers and Dave Reichert (WA).
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2010, 08:24:53 PM »

John Thune makes multiple stops in North Dakota on behalf of Mitt Romney. Tim Pawlenty also holds several rallies in the state for Romney.

I believe...friends...I believe we have a candidate in this race that will get America back on trap. A candidate that will put the American dream back in motion, and put people above politics. Mitt Romney is that man. I've had the privilege of getting to know him, and I am now more confident than ever he will make a great commander in chief. A large part of his campaign has been developing alternate energy, specifically ethanol. It's time to clean America up, and Mitt Romney is the man to do it. I ask you all to consider voting for my man Mitt on Super Tuesday.
- Senator John Thune

Senator Tom Coburn makes several stops throughout Oklahoma, campaigning hard for Mitt Romney...

Mike Huckabee claims to be the conservative in the race. Well fellows, I'm one of the most conservative members in the Senate, and I'm here to tell you, Governor Huckabee is no conservative. I am proud from being from one of the most conservative states in America, and Oklahomans, let's prove that we are a conservative state by giving our delegates and support to Mitt Romney! A sun is rising today in the East from the great state of Massachusetts! Thank you all, God Bless!
- Senator Tom Coburn

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2010, 08:38:14 PM »

CEO's Carly Fiorina and Meg Whitman host a joint-rally in San Diego, California on behalf of Governor Mitt Romney...

Both Carly and I have loads of experience in the private sector. And despite with Governor Huckabee thinks, it can come in handy sometimes. (crowd laughs) I could list many reasons why I support Mitt, but my number one reason is that he is the pro-business, pro-private sector candidate in this race. He values us, not demeans us. That's why I'm proud to vote for him on Super Tuesday, and I hope you are too! Thank you all, and God Bless!
- Meg Whitman

Georgians are sick and tired of corrupt politicians that have been leading America for decades. It's time we had a man in the White House who stood up for the people and their desires. Once again, I'm bucking the good ole' boys and voting for Mitt Romney. If you are tired of the establishment, vote for Mitt Romney. If you are ready for conservative leadership, vote for Mitt Romney. If you want lower taxes, vote for Mitt Romney! I ask all of you to vote for My Man Mitt on Super Tuesday!
- Georgia Secretary of State Karen Handel
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2010, 09:30:02 PM »

During the course of his nationwide tour, Mike Huckabee visits the states currently being targeted by Mitt Romney. He visits Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, and Georgia. He has several new endorsements on the way: Frank Lucas and Frank Keating (OK), and Don Sundquist, Howard Baker and Bill Frist (TN). Also campaigning for him are Sonny Perdue, John Linder and Jack Kingston in Georgia, and Matt Blunt, Sam Graves and Kenny Hulshof in Missouri.

Keating, at a campaign stop in Oklahoma City campaigning for Huckabee: "As a former 2 term governor myself, with more government experience before that, I've been mentioned as a potential presidential candidate myself. I'm not running, however, because I think Mike Huckabee is a great candidate, and I've decided to endorse him. And I have to say that he does have the right idea on experience. Mitt Romney has mentioned his business career a great deal. I have no issues with his status as a businessman nor his mentioning it, and neither does Huckabee.

However, a government is not a business. Running a government is not the same as running a business; there are some fundamental differences between the two. A good business executive may become a good political executive, but that's hardly always the case. No matter how opposed you are to Mitt Romney, you can't deny the fact that he's been great as a businessman. Does that mean he's been a great governor, or will make a great president? Well, it's debateable....(laughter). Don't get me wrong, I think Mitt's been a fine governor of Massachusetts, but we can do better. That's why I'm supporting Mike Huckabee for president."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2010, 09:30:52 PM »

At a press conference in Lincoln, Nebraska, Governor Mike Johanns endorses Governor Romney...

I look forward to working with a President Romney, and I'll be happy to vote for him very soon. I ask all of you to do the same.
- Mike Johanns

America needs someone strong on national defense. We need someone who will protect us from another terrorist attack. I've been known to be tough on crime, and I'm proud to endorse someone else who is as well: Mitt Romney.
- Mayor Rudy Giuliani

I don't care that Huckabee's from the South, that doesn't mean he's the best candidate. I'll be voting for Mitt Romney on Super Tuesday, and I ask other Alabamans to do the same. While Huckabee still has a great shot at winning here, I think we have an opportunity to vote for the real conservative and prove how conservative this state is. Let's vote Romney!
- Governor Pat Riley

At a press conference in Colorado, former Governor Bill Owens and Senator Wayne Allard endorse Romney, citing his experience and conservative credentials.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2010, 09:33:13 PM »

Tom Coburn releases a statement in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma...

I'm shocked that my friend Frank Keating endorsed Huckabee. The fact is, America does need someone with private sector experience, not someone notorious for being weak on crime, raising taxes, and supporting a college education for illegal immigrants.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2010, 10:33:40 AM »

Today, I'm endorsing Mitt Romney for President. He has the leadership, experience, and integrity to move this country forward in a positive direction.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mitt Romney spends the day touring the state of Georgia with Nathan Deal. He also makes a stop in Tennessee with Fred Thompson, as well as Oklahoma with Tom Coburn, where he is hoping for an upset win.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2010, 03:09:43 PM »

Friends, I believe in the American dream. I believe that if we implement the right policies, Americans' dreams will come true. I believe I am that leader to put our dreams in motion, and I ask for your vote this Tuesday. Thank you, and God Bless!
- Mitt Romney at a rally in Georgia

Today, North Dakota, I ask you to elect Mitt Romney as your President! He has the character, experience, and integrity to serve in our nation's highest office. I considered a run myself, but backed out when I saw such a fine candidate running.
- Tim Pawlenty
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2010, 06:45:06 PM »

Mike Huckabee is endorsed by 9 representatives nationwide: Mike Rogers and Robert Aderholt (AL), Kevin McCarthy (CA), Doug Lamborn (CO), Lynn Westmoreland (GA), Jeff Fortenberry, Lee Terry and Adrian Smith (NE), and Tom Reynolds (NY).

"I'm looking forward to a President Huckabee, and I hope you are too. I think he is in the best position to tackle the nation's problems. I'm asking you to vote for him on Super Tuesday."

--Kevin McCarthy

Mike Huckabee also releases the following statement: "I'm glad to see more and more people across the country joining our campaign, our message of true conservatism. If you want a conservative Republican on the ballot in November, please consider voting for Mike Huckabee. Thank you and God bless."
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2010, 06:53:12 PM »

One Hour till polls close
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2010, 06:55:13 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2010, 06:56:50 PM by Mideast Assemblyman True Conservative »

Mike Huckabee campaigns in Atlanta, Georgia, with Represenative Lynn Westmoreland, Governor Sonny Perdue and Senator Johnny Isakson.

"My friends, I ask you to vote for Mike Huckabee on Super Tuesday. I'm certain that I'd rather have a conservative Republican in the White House, and I'm certain in Mike Huckabee's ability to make that a reality. So, if you too want a true conservative, please consider voting for Huckabee this Tuesday. Thank you all, and God bless."

--Johnny Isakson
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2010, 07:46:51 PM »

Mike Huckabee campaigns in North Dakota, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Georgia. He appears with John Hoeven (ND), Norm Coleman and John Kline (MN), Tom Cole and Frank Keating (OK), Bob Corker, Lamar Alexander and Don Sundquist (TN), and Johnny Isakson and John Linder (GA).

"Mike Huckabee is someone who I'm certain will make a fine president, if elected. Although Mitt Romney is a fine candidate, too, it's to Mike that I'm giving my support. I think that he's the best candidate that the Republican party has to offer, which is why I'm supporting him tomorrow, and I hope that other Minnesotans do the same! Thank you, and God bless America!"

--Norm Coleman
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2010, 07:57:03 PM »

Mike Huckabee makes a final push for Super Tuesday, going across the country from California to Georgia.

Also, various public officials are stumping for Mike Huckabee in Super Tuesday states as well, including Kevin McCarthy, Jon Kyl, Jim Risch, Frank Keating, Don Sundquist, John Shimkus and Sonny Perdue.

Jim Risch at a rally in Boise, Idaho: "I'm endorsing Mike Huckabee because he's the best candidate for the conservatives in the Republican party. I encourage all Idaho voters to support him."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2010, 08:37:20 PM »

What makes a great candidate? One who will stand up for the people, not the government. Who is a great candidate? Mitt Romney, and I ask you all to vote for him on Super Tuesday!

- Rep. Tom Price of Georgia, barnstorming in Marietta
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2010, 08:40:02 PM »

I've spent years in the Senate, and have seen many Presidents go through. I stand here today saying this: Mitt Romney has the potential to beat just about all of them. The private sector experience he brings to this is extremely valuable, and I have no doubt in my mind he'd make a great President.
- Orrin Hatch, campaigning for Romney in Arizona

I'm a huge supporter of Mitt, and I'm asking my friends in North Dakota to consider voting for Mitt Romney. I'm proud to support someone who doesn't support raising taxes and isn't soft on crime and immigration!
- Governor Mike Rounds, campaigning for Romney in North Dakota

Believe me, I know talent (crowd laughs), and Mitt Romney is one talented man. He'll make a great commander-in-chief, and I'm honored to be able to vote for such an excellent man of character.
- Former Senator Jim Talent, campaigning in Columbia, Missouri
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2010, 08:43:13 PM »

Minnesota, I ask you today to vote for Mitt Romney for President. He's a great man, and would make a great leader.
- Tim Pawlenty in Bloomington, Minnesota
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #199 on: September 23, 2010, 09:09:21 PM »

Mitt Romney makes a final stop in Alpharetta, Georgia, then heads to the Hilton Garden Inn in Atlanta, Georgia to watch the results...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies