2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:43:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Author Topic: 2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 28430 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 07:56:40 PM »

Governor Mitt Romney campaigns in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. He is accompanied by Governor Charlie Crist, Senator Jim Demint, and Congressman Tom Price.

In 2002, the Salt Lake City Olympics were in ruins. I stepped in there, turned things around, and we had one of the greatest sports events in American history. Soon after I ran a campaign in a state where Democrats outnumber Republicans over 2-1, and prevailed. My friends, I know how to run a strong campaign, and I have in the past. As President Calvin Coolidge once said, "The business of America is business". Let's get America back on track, both economically and morally. Thank you, and God Bless!

ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2010, 07:25:29 PM »

October 2007 Week 2

Democrats
Daschle 40.2%
Warner 39.8%

Pink Daschle, Brown Warner

Republicans
Romney 50.2%
Huckabee 24.4%
Tancredo 5.4%

Blue-Romney, Light Blue-Huckabee

State Polling

Arizona

Democrats
Daschle 45.2%
Warner 34.8%

Republicans
Romney 49.1%
Huckabee 21.1%
Tancredo 9.8%

Minnesota

Democrats
Daschle 49.7%
Warner 30.3%

Republicans
Romney 47.6%
Huckabee 28.0%
Tancredo 4.3%

North Dakota

Democrats
Daschle 54.6%
Warner 25.4%

Republicans
Romney 45.0%
Huckabee 27.0%
Tancredo 8.0%

Wyoming

Democrats
Warner 43.5%
Daschle 36.5%

Republicans
Romney 64.3%
Huckabee 9.5%
Tancredo 6.2%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2010, 07:39:02 PM »

At a rally in Olathe, Kansas, Sam Brownback endorses Mitt Romney for President...

I actually considered entering this race myself. But when I saw Mitt enter, I knew we had a winner. I knew we had a man who knew business and could get this nation moving forward again. When you head to that election booth, vote for the candidate that has your best interests in mind, not special interests. Vote for Mitt Romney!

- Sam Brownback
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 11:18:45 AM »

October 2007 Week 3

Democrats
Daschle 40.0%
Warner 40.0%

Republicans
Romney 51.2%
Huckabee 23.9%
Tancredo 4.9%

NO STATEPOLLS REQUESTED
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 12:58:16 PM »

Mike Huckabee makes campaign stops in Kansas, Georgia and South Carolina, and makes appearances with Sen. Pat Roberts (KS), Gov. Sonny Perdue and Sen. Johnny Isakson (GA), and Lt. Governor Andre Bauer (SC).

Roberts says, in a speech in Kansas City, "Now isn't the time to take a risk with a more liberal Republican taking the nomination. We need someone with a true pro-family record, and I know that we have that someone in Mike Huckabee. When casting your primary or caucus ballot, please vote for the true Republican, Mike Huckabee!"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 03:04:57 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2010, 08:42:58 PM by Governor Tmthforu94 »

Mitt Romney campaigns with Terry Branstead in Iowa, where emphasizing his economic conservatism...

Ask yourself when voting which candidate will fight for you more, the taxpayer. Will it be the man who raised taxes over 87 times as Governor of Arkansas? No, my friends, it won't. It'll be the man who saved the Salt Lake City Olympics and put the state of Massachusetts on track economically. That man is Mitt Romney!
- Terry Branstead

After the speech, Mitt Romney flies to Florida and South Carolina, where he campaigns with Senators Graham and Demint as well as Governors Crist and Sanford.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 07:48:28 PM »

Tom Daschle appears at a campaign event in New Hampshire where Bill & Hillary Clinton endorse him for the Democratic nomination and Presidency.

"The way to continue our fight now, to accomplish the goals for which we stand, is to take our energy, our passion, our strength and do all we can to help elect Tom Daschle the next president of the United States" - Hillary Clinton
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 07:50:23 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2010, 07:52:28 PM by Mideast Assemblyman True Conservative »

What the hell?

electoraljew2, tmthforu94 is clearly cheating/going against the rules, because I took Grassley already.

Mike Huckabee garners important endorsements in Iowa, from Senator Chuck Grassley and Representative Steve King, and in Florida, from Lieutenant Governor Jeff Kottkamp. Grassley says--

"Iowans and Americans, there is a choice now. There is the Democratic party, which if elected will continue to push a liberal agenda that has done us no good so far. But who are we to support, if not them? After all, the Republicans have a choice as well. That is why I invite you to make the right choice, and vote for my friend, Michael Dale Huckabee. He is the best chance for conservatives to take on the Democrats in 2008."

Huckabee also begins to run advertisements in Iowa and Florida.

I'll also post the PMs on request.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 08:11:16 PM »

What the hell?

electoraljew2, tmthforu94 is clearly cheating/going against the rules, because I took Grassley already.

Mike Huckabee garners important endorsements in Iowa, from Senator Chuck Grassley and Representative Steve King, and in Florida, from Lieutenant Governor Jeff Kottkamp. Grassley says--

"Iowans and Americans, there is a choice now. There is the Democratic party, which if elected will continue to push a liberal agenda that has done us no good so far. But who are we to support, if not them? After all, the Republicans have a choice as well. That is why I invite you to make the right choice, and vote for my friend, Michael Dale Huckabee. He is the best chance for conservatives to take on the Democrats in 2008."

Huckabee also begins to run advertisements in Iowa and Florida.

I'll also post the PMs on request.
Ah, don't overreact. I just got Branstead and Grassley mixed up. I'll edit it very quickly. Wink
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 08:35:58 PM »

By the way, he still didn't remove the Grassley quote.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 08:43:33 PM »

Seriously, take a chill pill. I forgot I wrote his name down twice. I edited it.

ElectoralJew, feel free to dock me a point or two for this to make Officepark happy. I really don't care.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 08:55:16 PM »

Mitt Romney releases an attack ad on Mike Huckabee, calling him bad for the economy...

Mike Huckabee...he claims to be the conservative candidate, but lets look closer. As Governor of Arkansas, he signed into law tax increases 87 times as Governor. Now you tell me, is that the conservative way? Mitt Romney, a proven businessman with success in the private selector. He's true strength for America's Future.
I'm Mitt Romney, and I approve this message.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 09:10:16 PM »

Mike Huckabee delivers a fiery speech in Michigan. He states the following:

"In response to the recent Romney Iowa campaign stop, I'd like to take note of Romney's own record. Yes, he had a very successful time running the 2002 Olympics, but running an Olympic event, no matter how successful, is hardly a qualification for political office. Certainly, Bay Staters didn't approve of Romney's own management of the state of Massachusetts. He was so unpopular that he didn't even bother running for a second term. At just 4 years, Romney has very little actual experience holding public office of any kind. Further, Romney himself doesn't have an anti-tax record, and despite running as anti-tax right now, refused to sign an anti-tax pledge while running for governor in 2002."
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 09:12:10 PM »

Seriously, take a chill pill. I forgot I wrote his name down twice. I edited it.

ElectoralJew, feel free to dock me a point or two for this to make Officepark happy. I really don't care.

Look, I'll repeat what I said before: I'm no longer making an argument about this. It's behind me now.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 09:13:06 PM »

Mitt Romney chuckles with his advisors on Huckabee's latest attack.

"I'll be able to wash it away when I simply state that I didn't run for a second term to prepare myself as Governor. We'll have to distance ourselves from Huckster by simply comparing my experience in the private sector to his lack there of. Start digging on him on social issues. We know he's weak on crime, but let's find his other weaknesses."
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 09:33:11 PM »

Everythings fine. He just got them mixed up. I've done that myself before.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2010, 12:36:25 AM »

October 2007 Week 4

Democrats
Daschle 41.0%
Warner 39.0%

Republicans
Romney 48.6%
Huckabee 28.0%
Tancredo 3.4%

NO STATEPOLLS REQUESTED
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2010, 12:44:03 AM »

Huckabee begins to increase his focus on his strong suit, social issues. He releases an advertisement on television in Iowa, South Carolina and Florida.

Mitt Romney claims to be the pro-family candidate in the race. He even started his campaign by stating that he is such. But is he truly a social conservative? In Massachusetts, while running for governor, Romney spoke of the need to "preserve and protect a woman's right to choose"--now, of course, he claims to believe in the sanctity of life. Mike Huckabee has pushed for pro-life legislation as governor of Arkansas and supports pro-life legislation now. As governor of Massachusetts, Romney signed a bill permanently banning so-called assault rifles, strengthening the position of Massachusetts as one of the top anti-gun rights states in the Union. Mike Huckabee was and is a strong supporter of the right to bear arms. Massachusetts is the only state to allow gay marriage, and Romney failed to stop it, while Mike Huckabee successfully pushed for a traditional marriage amendment in Arkansas. Who's the pro family candidate?
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2010, 10:22:46 PM »

November 2007 Week 1

Democrats
Daschle 43.6%
Warner 41.4%

Republicans
Romney 48.8%
Huckabee 32.1%
Tancredo 4.1%

State Polls

Iowa

Democrats
Warner 43.0%
Daschle 42.0%

Republicans
Huckabee 39.1%
Romney 38.1%
Tancredo 7.8%

South Carolina

Democrats
Warner 54.6%
Daschle 30.4%

Republicans
Huckabee 42.1%
Romney 35.9%
Tancredo 7.0%
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2010, 10:57:41 PM »

Mike Huckabee makes campaign stops in Tennessee alongside Lamar Alexander, Bob Corker and Marsha Blackburn. He then visits the campaign trail in Virginia, where he is endorsed by Representatives Rob Wittman, Eric Cantor and Frank Wolf. Huckabee continues to emphasize his strong record on cultural issues, but he is addressing economics as well.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2010, 07:31:39 AM »

Mitt Romney campaigns with Senator Judd Gregg in New Hampshire before flying to Iowa for a state tour with Terry Branstead. The same day, Governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana endorsed Romney.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2010, 08:44:24 AM »

Tom Daschle continues his tour in Iowa speaking about the use of ethanol -- "Ethanol is not the final answer to our addiction to oil but it will certainly help in kicking the addiction."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2010, 05:17:02 PM »

In Texas, former President George HW Bush makes an official endorsement at the Presidential Library...

I've been watching this race closely, and I truly believe we have two honorable men running. However, I have known Mitt Romney for a long time, and knew his father very well. While I think Huckabee would be a fine President, I think Mitt Romney would go above and beyond the call of duty. His economic experience would bring America into a new era of economics, and I think we could rightfully take our place as the world's lone superpower under a Romney administration. I am proud to endorse Mitt for President, and I sincerely hope that everyone who wants a strong economic future for America will do the same. Thank you.
- George HW Bush

After this stunning endorsement, several more conservatives announced their support for Governor Romney, including Senator's John Thune, John Sununu, and Tom Coburn as well as Governor Jim Gibbons.

Later that week, Mitt Romney makes several appearences with the former President in Texas, then holds several town hall meetings with Senator Coburn in Oklahoma, with stops in Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Fort Gibson, Marietta, and New Castle.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2010, 11:48:26 PM »

November 2007 Week 2

Democrats
Daschle 44.6%
Warner 40.4%

Republicans
Romney 49.7%
Huckabee 32.3%
Tancredo 3.0%

State Polls

Iowa

Democrats
Daschle 44.1%
Warner 40.9%

Republicans
Huckabee 39.4%
Romney 38.4%
Tancredo 7.2%

New Hampshire

Democrats
Daschle 52.5%
Warner 32.5%

Republicans
Romney 64.2%
Huckabee 17.8%
Tancredo 1.0%

Massachussets

Democrats
Daschle 54.1%
Warner 30.9%

Republicans
Romney 72.3%
Huckabee 10.4%
Tancredo 2.3%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2010, 10:42:50 AM »

At a rally in North Carolina, former Presidential candidate Robert Dole and his wife, Senator Elizabeth Dole, endorse Romney, saying his policies will make America  a safer, stronger nation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies