2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:39:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: 2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 28432 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2010, 09:39:20 AM »

Mitt Romney sets up shop in New Hampshire, where he will be campaigning up until primary day...

New Hampshire, you have a key part in this primary process. The candidate you choose in a couple months could very well likely be the Republican nominee. I've spent years in the private sector, and I know what needs to be done to get this economy back on track: smart, conservative decisions. Let's cut our national deficit, create more private sector jobs, and make the government smaller. The people should be running the government, not vice-versa. I promise you all, that as President, I will do everything in my part to implement smart, conservative principles to our economic policy.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2010, 10:40:01 AM »

At a rally in Concord, Mitt Romney is endorsed by AG Kelly Ayotte. Senator's Sununu and Gregg are at hand...

America can only stay a great nation if we have great leaders! Mitt Romney is a great leader, and will be a great President. I ask all of you to give your vote to Mitt Romney. Give your vote to a man who will fight for you, not the special interests!
- Kelly Ayotte
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2010, 11:20:28 AM »

Mike Huckabee appears in Manchester, New Hampshire.

"In response to the recent attacks by Romney and Tancredo, I'd like to point out that the overall crime rate in Arkansas was decreased by 3.9% during my administration. And in a 2006 poll by the University of Arkansas shortly before I left office, 16% felt that the most important issues in Arkansas were drugs and crime, down from 30% in a similar poll in 2000. I'm also a supporter of the death penalty, and I've actually been criticized for carrying it out more than any other Arkansas governor. That doesn't mean I don't have any conscience about it, and there my opponents are correct. But, I haven't let that get the better of me in doing my duty.

Mistakes were made, yes, and I'm not afraid to be honest about that. Nevertheless, I think the picture being painted by my opponents is a misleading one.
"
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2010, 05:09:41 PM »

pOlling may have to wait till early tomorrow morning. Nh is still tomorrow.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2010, 07:31:54 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2010, 05:07:10 PM by NE Assembyman electoraljew2 »

January 2008 Week 1

(IOWA TOMORROW)

Upcoming Primaries

January Week 2- New Hampshire
January Week 3- Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina (R)
January Week 4- South Carolina (D)
January Week 5- Florida, Maine (R)
February Week 1- Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Massachuessetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey,  New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia, Kansas, Nebraska, Louisiana, Washington

Republicans
Romney 50.2%
Huckabee 37.7%
Tancredo 7.1%

Blue-Romney, Light Blue-Huckabee

New Hampshire
Romney 68.9%
Huckabee 19.5%
Tancredo 6.6%

Nevada
Romney 72.9%
Tancredo 15.2%
Huckabee 6.9%

Michigan
Romney 44.3%
Huckabee 43.4%
Tancredo 7.3%

South Carolina
Huckabee 42.1%
Romney 37.1%
Tancredo 15.8%

General Election Matchups

Romney 46%
Warner 41%

Warner 40%
Huckabee 39%

Warner 39%
Tancredo 26%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2010, 09:42:51 AM »

Mitt Romney spends the day traveling the state of New Hampshire with various meet and greets...

I am confident that we will win. New Hampshire residents believe in our message of hope and common sense!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2010, 04:36:09 PM »

Senator's John Sununu and Judd Gregg, as well as AG Kelly Ayotte spend election day touring the state of New Hampshire. Mitt Romney has made several stops throughout the state, and is planning on flying directly to Michigan after the results are reported.

Ask yourself when voting which candidate will fight for you more, the taxpayer. Will it be the man who raised taxes over 87 times as Arkansas' Governor? No, my friends, it won't. It'll be the man who saved the Salt Lake City Olympics and put the state of Massachusetts on track economically. That man is Willard "Mitt" Romney!
- Judd Gregg
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #132 on: September 15, 2010, 04:47:48 PM »

ROMNEY WINS NEW HAMPSHIRE!!!
New Hampshire

Romney 71.9% 9
Huckabee 20.5% 2
Tancredo 7.6% 1

Romney Red; Huckabee Blue

Delegate Count
Romney 39
Huckabee 19
Tancredo 8
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2010, 04:52:22 PM »

Mitt Romney addresses a packed audience at a local high school gym in Concord, New Hampshire...

Friends, Republicans, we did it! Today, voters from all across the state of New Hampshire came together as one, and we have seen our biggest victory yet! Thank you all, so much. It means the world to Anne and I. Next, on to Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina, and the White House! Common sense conservatism can win out, and it shows tonight. Thank you, and God Bless!
- Mitt Romney
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2010, 07:42:39 PM »

Mike Huckabee releases a statement on the New Hampshire primary:

"We wish to congratulate former Governor Romney, for his victory in New Hampshire, as well as Representative Tancredo on his performance. However, the race is still by no means over, and we intend to continue campaigning until someone emerges with the 1,191 delegates needed to win."
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2010, 07:56:58 PM »

Mike Huckabee appears in Lansing, Michigan with Dave Camp, Mike Rogers and Thad McCotter, as well as a new endorsement, from Representative Vern Ehlers, who speaks in favor of Huckabee.

"My friends, I'm endorsing Mike Huckabee for president because he's the best choice for Republicans and for the country. He's the most qualified candidate in the race, and I'm certain that he will make a fine president. I ask all of you to vote for him on January 15."

--Vern Ehlers
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2010, 08:36:53 PM »

Mike Huckabee announces a tour of Michigan. He will be visiting Marquette, Grand Rapids and Lansing, among other places.

He also has two new endorsements, from Fred Upton and Candice Miller.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2010, 05:12:08 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2010, 09:09:04 PM by NE Assembyman electoraljew2 »

January 2008 Week 2

Upcoming Primaries

January Week 3- Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina (R)
January Week 4- South Carolina (D)
January Week 5- Florida, Maine (R)
February Week 1- Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Massachuessetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey,  New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia, Kansas, Nebraska, Louisiana, Washington
February Week 2- DC, Maryland, Virginia

Republicans
Romney 50.7%
Huckabee 37.9%
Tancredo 6.4%

Blue-Romney, Light Blue-Huckabee

NO STATE POLLS REQUESTED

General Election Matchups

Romney 46%
Warner 40%

Warner 40%
Huckabee 40%

Warner 39%
Tancredo 26%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2010, 08:39:19 PM »

Mitt Romney campaigns heavily in Michigan with Pete Hoekstra and John Engler...

Friends, I am confident we can win Michigan! Michigans know the success of a Romney's economic policies from my father, and I can promise that I will implement many of those same policies as President of the United State! Let's take America back from the government and give it back to the people, like how our founding fathers wanted. Thank you, and God Bless!
- Mitt Romney

RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2010, 01:24:15 PM »

Mike Huckabee presents a series of town hall meetings in Michigan, where he addresses the economic concerns of voters. Flint, Grand Rapids and Lansing are some of the cities he is visiting.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2010, 01:37:15 PM »

Mitt Romney has the integrity, leadership, and experience to successfully lead this nation for the next four years. I ask you, my Michigan friends, to elect him to the White House and give him your vote on primary day.
- Former President George HW Bush
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »

Tom Tancredo concedes in New Hampshire and begins campaigning in Nevada and South Carolina.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2010, 08:06:54 PM »

Mitt Romney makes a final campaign stop in Michigan, where he promises to implement the successful policies his father implemented while Governor of Michigan.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2010, 08:28:57 PM »

Mike Huckabee makes a campaign stop in Flint, Michigan, where he touts his experience as governor of Arkansas and talks about the economy.

He also holds a rally in Lansing, where he appears with Vern Ehlers and Fred Upton.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #144 on: September 18, 2010, 07:05:51 AM »

Michigan

Huckabee 44.51% 13
Romney 44.50% 13
Tancredo 10.99% 4

Nevada

Romney 68.0% 23
Tancredo 26.1% 9
Huckabee 5.9% 2

South Carolina

Huckabee 47.4% 11
Romney 36.2% 9
Tancredo 16.4% 4

Romney Red; Huckabee Blue

Delegate Count
Romney 84
Huckabee 45
Tancredo 25
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2010, 12:42:07 PM »

Mike Huckabee holds a victory rally in Greenville, South Carolina.

"My friends, with your support, we have now managed to win the states of Michigan and South Carolina. We have certainly made great progress, and I hope to continue with it. I'd like to thank all of you for making it happen, and I'd like also to congratulate Mitt Romney for winning the state of Nevada, and Tom Tancredo for his performance as well." --Mike Huckabee

He then travels to Florida for rallies in Pensacola and St. Petersburg, with Jeff Kottkamp and Mel Martinez.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #146 on: September 18, 2010, 01:57:41 PM »

I'd like to congratulate Governor Huckabee for his surprising win Michigan, as well as a win in South Carolina. I'd also like to congratulate Tancredo on his impressive showings.

I am confident that we will win Florida, and I am confident we will win this nomination. More and more Americans are believing in our message of hope and change, not a message of  higher taxes and weakness on crime and immigration. I believe in the American dream, and I hope to implement policies that can make others dreams become a reality.
- Mitt Romney in Florida

Mitt Romney has planned stops over the next week with Charlie Crist.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #147 on: September 18, 2010, 02:45:04 PM »

Charlie Crist electrifies a crowd in Tampa Bay for Romney...

Mitt Romney...a man of character, integrity, and honesty. I know, you all know, that Mitt Romney has the capablitity of becoming one of the greatest Presidents he's ever seen! Right now, America doesn't need a leader who is soft on key issues like immigration and crime. We need someone who will stand up for everyday Americans, and that candidate is clearly Mitt Romney! John me, and let's give Romney a huge win in Florida!
- Charlie Crist

Mitt Romney has planned appearances in Tampa Bay, Miami, and Jacksonville for the day...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #148 on: September 18, 2010, 03:11:02 PM »

This is CNN...

There are several sources reporting that the Romney camp is considering challenging the results in Michigan and asking for a recount. Romney previously lost Michigan by .01%, which is close enough for his campaign to ask for a recount. The Romney camp was not reached for comment.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #149 on: September 18, 2010, 05:14:55 PM »

Mitt Romney gives a speech in Tampa, Florida, focusing on social security...

Social security is in dire need of reform right now. The only way we will be able to achieve this reform is for both parties to work together and not let things get out of control. I love senior citizens, heck, I'm one myself! Protecting your rights will be one of my top goals if I am privileged to serve as your President. I will be a friend, and I will not let you down.

- Mitt Romney
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies