2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:21:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: 2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 28581 times)
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2010, 08:12:31 PM »

Mike Huckabee appears in Jacksonville and Miami, Florida, and has three new endorsements, from Representatives Lincoln and Mario Diaz-Balart, and Attorney General Bill McCollum.

"Floridians, I'm confident in Mike Huckabee's abilities to serve as President of the United States. I ask you to give your vote to a candidate who has what it takes to make a great president. We can win with Mike!"

--Bill McCollum
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2010, 08:59:50 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2010, 08:56:45 PM by NE Assembyman electoraljew2 »

January 2008 Week 4

Upcoming Primaries

January Week 4- No Primary
January Week 5- Florida, Maine
February Week 1- Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Massachuessetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey,  New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia, Kansas, Nebraska, Louisiana, Washington
February Week 2- DC, Maryland, Virginia
February Week 3- Wisconsin, Hawaii

Republicans
Romney 50.6%
Huckabee 39.7%
Tancredo 4.7%

Blue-Romney, Light Blue-Huckabee

Florida
Romney 47.3%
Huckabee 43.7%
Tancredo 6.0%

General Election Matchups

Romney 47%
Warner 40%

Huckabee 41%
Warner 40%

Warner 39%
Tancredo 26%
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2010, 11:31:03 AM »

Mike Huckabee announces a series of town hall meetings in Florida. He will be visiting Tallahassee, Pensacola, Jacksonville, Miami and the Tampa Bay area, addressing the concerns of voters across the state.

In the meantime, he has now been endorsed by Cliff Stearns and the Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives, Marco Rubio. They are currently stumping for Huckabee in Tampa.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2010, 01:53:32 PM »

Mitt Romney campaigns with Charlie Crist in Jacksonville...

In my administration, we're going to give the people the details. There aren't going to be secrets and lies won't be spread to the American people. We want an honest administration, and that's what you'll get with Romney. As President, I will fight earmarks, and the budget that I will sign will have to have little to no earmarks in it. It will also have to protect social security and give more relief to our veterans.
- Mitt Romney
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2010, 08:23:49 PM »

Tom Tancredo travels to Michigan: "America, we can do it! We can press for reform and we can make America greater! A vote for Tancredo is a vote for American success!"
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2010, 12:55:37 PM »

Mike Huckabee makes a campaign stop in St. Augustine, with a new endorsement, Representative John Mica.

"Mike Huckabee is someone I can trust with the presidency. He has the experience and the conservative record...he has what it takes to win, and to serve. If you want someone who can make a great President, we have that someone in Mike. I encourage my fellow Florida Republicans to vote for him on January 29." --John Mica

He also begins to run a new ad in Florida, taking note of his experience as governor.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2010, 03:50:38 PM »

Mitt Romney campaigns with former President George HW Bush in Florida. Florida was one of Bush's strongest states in 1998.

There is one man more than any other I trust with the Presidency, and that man is Mitt Romney. I trust Mitt on social security, veterans benefits, taxes, foreign policy, and just about every other issue that is important to Americans. I ask you all to consider voting for this man of integrity on January 29th. Thank you, and God Bless.
- Former President George HW Bush
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2010, 08:54:17 PM »

January 2008 Week 4

Upcoming Primaries

January Week 5- Florida, Maine
February Week 1- Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Massachuessetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey,  New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia, Kansas, Nebraska, Louisiana, Washington
February Week 2- DC, Maryland, Virginia
February Week 3- Wisconsin, Hawaii
February Week 4- No Primary

Republicans
Romney 51.1%
Huckabee 39.5%
Tancredo 4.4%

Blue-Romney, Light Blue-Huckabee

No State Polls Requested

General Election Matchups

Romney 47%
Warner 39%

Huckabee 42%
Warner 40%

Warner 40%
Tancredo 26%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2010, 09:10:40 PM »

Romney, answering a question on CNN...

Reporter: What makes you stronger than Huckabee or Tancredo?
Romney: Well, simply look at the polling. It is crucial that Republicans retain the White House this year, and I believe we must put our strongest foot forward. I have the largest lead against Warner, outside of the margin of error. Not only am I more electable, but I believe me center-right positions will set America up for a greater future than some of the liberal economic policies Huckabee would set in place.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2010, 03:10:57 PM »

Mike Huckabee appears on an interview with Fox News.

Reporter: Why do you think you're better than Romney?
Huckabee: Well, experience if the most important issue, in my opinion. Like Mitt Romney, I've served in the executive branch (at the state level). Unlike Romney, however, I've served over 2 full terms as governor. It's true that Romney has been a very successful businessman for many years, and that's a good thing. However, no amount of private sector work can make up for a lack in actual government work.
Reporter: Now, let's take a look at policy. How would you say you're better than Romney there?
Huckabee: Well, I've definitely been criticizing Romney's social policy a great deal. I know that Romney is trying to set himself up as the conservative in the race. However, his gubernatorial record has something else on social issues. Now, I know Romney will say "but oh, we're better on economics." He's been criticizing me a great deal on that. But Romney, despite having the anti-tax image now, has been open to increasing revenue as governor of Massachusetts, and he did just that. He just increased fees instead of taxes, but you have to consider: are fees really that much preferable?
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2010, 03:15:25 PM »

Mike Huckabee tours the state of Florida. He visits Tallahassee, Jacksonville, St. Augustine, St. Petersburg and Miami, and holds rallies with Bill McCollum, Mel Martinez, Cliff Stearns and Marco Rubio.

He also releases a new ad taking note of his social conservatism.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2010, 03:30:53 PM »

Governor Romney responds to Huckabee at a rally in Orlando, Florida, speaking in front of a crowd predominantly filled with senior citizens. She is also endorsed by Congresswoman Ginny Brown-Waite.

I find it extremely interesting that Governor Huckabee is dismissing my work in the private sector and suggesting that government work is more important. My friends, right now, we need someone who hasn't been working for the government for a while. We need someone who has experience in the private sectors, and knows what the government must do to attract businesses to and from America. I have that experience, and quite frankly, my main opponent does not. I offer strong, conservative positions on the economy, and will implement those, as well as drastic social security reform, if I am elected President. Thank you, and God Bless!
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2010, 03:42:06 PM »

Mike Huckabee holds another interview, for CNN.

Huckabee: Unfortunately, I don't find it surprising that my opponent is twisting my words to fit his campaign. Not once did I "dismiss" his private sector work; on the contrary, I said that it's a good thing. I also said that private sector work is no substitute for actual government experience, and I stand by that comment. It's one thing if you're running for congressman or even governor or senator, but if you're looking to be commander in chief, the most powerful person in the world, you have to have some prior experience in government, and I stand by my opinion that Romney's prior experience in government is insufficient. That's not dismissing private sector experience, but when it comes to the presidency, government work is important.

He also holds more rallies in Florida, visiting Orlando, Key West and Miami.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2010, 03:57:10 PM »

Romney makes a comment on FOX News...

Friends, Huckabee continues to surprise me with his increasingly liberal rhetoric. The Republican party has always encouraged the private sector, and supported a smaller government. Now, Governor Huckabee continues to dismiss my work in the private sector as beneficial for leading this country, which is sad, to say the least. He prides himself on being part of the establishment, another liberal characteristic. We can chalk this up with immigration, crime, and taxes as issues Huckabee is liberal on.

Mitt Romney also releases an ad blitz that focuses mainly on Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee...

Romney: Hello, I'm Mitt Romney, and I'm seeking the Republican nomination for President of the United States. I've spent years in the private sector; I know why jobs come, and I know why they go. I'm proud of this experience, and this experience will be beneficial if I am honored to serve as your President. I ask for your vote on primary day. Together, we can put the South, and America, back on track economically.
I'm Mitt Romney, and I approve this message.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2010, 04:15:23 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2010, 04:17:25 PM by Mideast Assemblyman True Conservative »

Mike Huckabee holds a rally in Tampa, Florida.

"In response to Mitt Romney's latest comment on experience, I'd like to note that I too am a Republican, partly for the same reason that Romney has just mentioned; that the Republicans advocate business over government.

However, once can be a business advocate, and still realize the importance of experience. The Republican party has encouraged the private sector and smaller government for decades. That has never translated into inexperience in government, however, or making inexperience into a point of pride.

Let's not forget the man who said, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. Despite that, he served a total of two terms as governor before he won the presidency."

--Mike Huckabee
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2010, 04:18:09 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2010, 04:20:08 PM by IDS AG feeblepizza »

Tom Tancredo releases an ad all over the nation. It garners over 1,000,000 views nationwide:

TANCREDO: "Mike Huckabee thinks that private sector experience is not important when it comes to running a government. I disagree with that. I find that if you know how to run a business, you know how to create jobs, and you know to be responsible with money, that you can be elected President of the United States, or to any office, and be an exceptional leader. Shame on you Mike Huckabee, for attacking America's businessman.

I'm Tom Tancredo and I approve this message.
"
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2010, 04:24:29 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2010, 04:30:04 PM by IDS AG feeblepizza »

Congressman Tom Tancredo holds a rally in Orlando, Florida:

"I think that Americans know who has the know-how to get this economy up and going again. Certainly not Tax Hike Mike Huckabee. He is blatantly insulting our private sector by saying that no ammount of private sector work can make up for actual government work.

What is actual government work? Staying in the Arkansas Governor's seat for ten and a half years and raising taxes, increasing the size of government, and pardoning criminals?

No, that's not work. That's bad management. I would take George Soros for President over Mike Huckabee any day of my life - at least Soros has had a successful business career. He knows how to create jobs and how to stay on track with a budget, two things Mike has never been able to do.
"
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2010, 04:27:54 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2010, 04:29:43 PM by IDS AG feeblepizza »

At a Tampa, Florida speech, Tom Tancredo attacks Mike Huckabee's anti-private sector words:

"Did George Washington have government experience? No, he was a businessman.

Did Ronald Reagan have government experience? He spent only eight years as Governor of California but over 30 years in the entertainment business. He was a life-long union member.

Washington and Reagan were both wonderful Presidents. I think that Mike Huckabee is wrong in saying that no amount of private sector work can make up for actual government work.

Mike Huckabee is bad-mouthing business. We need someone who knows how to create jobs and how to handle a budget, not someone who hates the private sector with a passion.
"
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2010, 04:41:23 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2010, 07:36:22 PM by Mideast Assemblyman True Conservative »

Mike Huckabee holds another interview, for Fox News.

Huckabee: I've pointed out that Mitt Romney had only served 4 years in any public office. Suddenly, he's equated that with "dismissing" his work in the private sector. Now, Tom Tancredo is going even further than Mitt Romney. He's thinking that I'm "attacking America's businessman"...even though I've clearly stated that I have absolutely nothing against Romney's private sector work. My opponents are clearly desperate to portray me in a negative light.
Reporter: Tancredo actually made a speech just now regarding your comments.
Huckabee: George Washington was a military general, so he clearly did serve in goernment, simply not in public office. Whatever the case, even if Tancredo is right there, it's hardly an accurate comparison because the world today, even the world in Ronald Reagan's day, is far different from that of the 1700s, and Mitt Romney is certainly no George Washington. Reagan did work in business for 30 years, but also had 2 full terms of experience in government. His time as governor of California was certainly more important as far as his political life was concerned, but I've never "bad-mouthed" him or anyone else for being a businessman, and I don't hate the private sector.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2010, 07:16:31 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2010, 07:23:44 PM by Mideast Assemblyman True Conservative »

Mike Huckabee holds a new set of campaign stops, visiting Pensacola, Jacksonville, St. Petersburg, St. Augustine, Miami and Key West.

He also releases an ad touting his decade-long governorship, and mentions in the ad that Time named him one of the top 5 governors in the nation in 2005.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2010, 07:30:08 PM »

Mitt Romney makes his final stops in Florida, with a heavy emphasis on social security and taxes. He is also endorsed by Congressmen    along the way, as well as Congressmen Tom Rooney, Bill Posey, Jeff Miller, and Ander Crenshaw, all who appear with Romney at different events. Businessman Rick Scott also gives his endorsement to Romney.

Right now, we need a strong leader for this party. And while we have good candidates, I think Mitt is the best. I'm proud to endorse him for President!
- Jeff Miller
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2010, 07:32:28 PM »

Mike Huckabee appears in Orlando, Florida, with 2 new endorsements, represenative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, and former governor Jeb Bush.

"Today, I have decided to make public a decision that no doubt was a very difficult for me, and which I expect will be difficult for all Floridians. I have decided to support Mike Huckabee in his campaign for the presidency. I have the utmost respect for my father, George H. W. Bush, and his choice for president, Mitt Romney, however, I think Huckabee is the man best suited to taking on America's problems, and I look forward to helping his campaign if necessary. Thank you all."

--Jeb Bush
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2010, 07:36:26 PM »

George H W Bush reacts to his son's decision in Coral Gables, Florida at a rally...

Well, my son has made his choice, and I respect him for that. We'll have a good talk later on about this. (crowd laughs) Seriously, Mike Huckabee is a fine man, and wouldn't make a bad President. Right now though, I'm deeply concerned about the state of our economy, and I'm not sure if we should have someone in there who has said some questionable things regarding the private sector. I want someone who has that private sector experience, and I know you do too! I ask you all to vote for Mitt Romney for a brighter future for Florida and America!!!
- Former President George H. W. Bush

feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2010, 07:37:45 PM »

Tom Tancredo makes his final speech in Florida:

"I believe that Floridians will pull the lever for reform tonight. Ladies and gentlemen of all ages, colors, and backgrounds, let us come together for a common cause: the conservative cause for reform. Populism! Let us have a strong defense; let us be free of illegal immigrants; let us get our fiscal house in order. That, ladies and gentlemen, is the platform that I endorse, and that a majority of Americans endorse. Thank you all, and God bless America!"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2010, 07:38:22 PM »

Mitt Romney speaks about Florida on FOX news...

I think I have a serious shot at winning Florida. We've ran an exciting campaign there, had some great endorsers, including their current Governor, and have focused on the issues that are important to Floridans, mainly social security. I think Rep. Tancredo could also put this race into a three-way with his heavy campaigning lately. It should be a fun race, and I'm excited to see who wins.
- Mitt Romney

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies