2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:38:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Author Topic: 2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 28434 times)
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: September 23, 2010, 10:18:13 PM »

Mike Huckabee makes 3 more Georgia campaign stops, in Savannah, Marietta and Atlanta. He holds a large rally in Atlanta with Sonny Perdue, Johnny Isakson, Jack Kingston, Lynn Westmoreland and John Linder.

Perdue: "Mike Huckabee has the leadership and the experience to lead conservatives forward into November. He's a great man, great candidate, and I'm sure he'd make a great president as well. So, Georgians, I am strongly encouraging you to consider a vote for him in the Georgia Republican primary on Super Tuesday. Thank you, and God bless!"

Other Huckabee supporters are continuing to stump for him across the nation.

Jon Kyl, in Phoenix, Arizona: "As soon as I saw him, I knew that conservatives have their candidate. I know that we can win with him, and he may become a great president, and build a greater America. And, I know, my friends, that that candidate is Mike Huckabee! I encourage you to vote for him on Super Tuesday!"

Duncan Hunter, in San Diego, California: "With Mike Huckabee in the race, I know that we have someone that we can be enthusiastic about. I ask my fellow Californians to vote for him on Super Tuesday!"

Norm Coleman also campaigns on Huckabee's behalf in Rochester and St. Paul, Minnesota, and John Hoeven campaigns for him in Bismarck and Fargo, North Dakota.

Huckabee also holds events in Springfield and Jefferson City, Missouri. He appears with Sam Graves, Kenny Hulshof and Matt Blunt.

Hulshof: "I know that we can win with Mike Huckabee. He's the candidate that I trust when it comes to social and family issues. I think we haven't paid enough attention to Mitt Romney's governorship, and his record on the unborn, the second amendment, and marriage. To Romney's credit, he did support traditional marriage, but he didn't succeed there."
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #201 on: September 23, 2010, 10:22:43 PM »

Mike Huckabee holds more events in Missouri, Oklahoma and Georgia. He visits Fulton, Missouri, Tulsa, Oklahoma, and Atlanta, Georgia, and is accompanied by various officeholders from each state.

Frank Lucas is one of the participants in the Tulsa rally, where he emphasizes Huckabee's social record as part of the reason why he is supporting him.

Also, Johnny Isakson campaigns for Huckabee in Atlanta and Marietta, where he takes note of Huckabee's governorship, named one of the top 5 in 2005.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #202 on: September 23, 2010, 10:27:59 PM »

Mike Huckabee visits California, Arizona, Montana, North Dakota, and Minnesota. He visits San Diego, Phoenix, Helena, Bismarck, and Minneapolis, with supporters from each state, including Duncan Hunter, Jon Kyl, Denny Rehberg, John Hoeven and Norm Coleman, finally retiring for the evening to watch the results on television.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #203 on: September 23, 2010, 10:39:38 PM »

Johnny Isakson, Frank Keating, John Hoeven, Norm Coleman, and Robert Aderholt continue campaigning for Huckabee well into Super Tuesday.

Isakson, in particular, visits Brunswick, Savannah, Marietta, and Atlanta, Georgia, campaigning for Huckabee.

"It's crucial that Georgians go out and vote. I cannot understate the importance of our state; it's why both major Republican candidates are so heavily campaigning here. Though I like Mitt Romney, I think Mike Huckabee is better suited to be president, and I ask Georgia Republicans to vote for him if they have not voted already." --Johnny Isakson
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2010, 10:54:20 PM »

Alabama
Huckabee 68.7% 33
Romney 15.7% 8
Tancredo 15.6% 7

Alaska
Romney 70.2% 29
Tancredo 19.8% 0
Huckabee 10.0% 0

Arizona
Romney 44.1% 23
Tancredo 29.1% 15
Huckabee 26.8% 15

Arkansas
Huckabee 80.9% 28
Tancredo 12.6% 4
Romney 6.5% 2

California
Romney 52.7% 91
Huckabee 37.2% 64
Tancredo 10.1% 18

Colorado
Romney 48.4% 22
Tancredo 25.9% 12
Huckabee 25.7% 12

Connecticut
Romney 69.7% 21
Huckabee 23.4% 7
Tancredo 6.9% 2

Delaware
Romney 60.2% 18
Huckabee 34.9% 0
Tancredo 4.9% 0

Georgia
Huckabee 50.0% 36
Romney 42.0% 30
Tancredo 8.0% 6

Illinois
Romney 52.7% 37
Huckabee 40.5% 28
Tancredo 6.8% 5

Massachuessets
Romney 80.6% 35
Huckabee 16.3% 7
Tancredo 3.1% 1

Minnesota
Romney 66.2% 27
Huckabee 25.8% 11
Tancredo 8.0% 3

Missouri
Huckabee 49.5% 29
Romney 40.9% 24
Tancredo 9.6% 5

Montana
Romney 58.9% 25
Tancredo 24.9% 0
Huckabee 16.2% 0

New Jersey
Romney 56.6% 29
Huckabee 36.8% 19
Tancredo 6.6% 4

New York
Romney 72.4% 73
Huckabee 20.7% 21
Tancredo 6.9% 7

North Dakota
Huckabee 46.4% 26
Romney 42.4% 0
Tancredo 11.2% 0

Oklahoma
Huckabee 50.0% 21
Romney 38.6% 16
Tancredo 11.4% 4

Tennessee
Huckabee 50.3% 28
Romney 40.5% 22
Tancredo 9.2% 5

Utah
Romney 95.6% 34
Tancredo 3.2% 1
Huckabee 1.2% 1

West Virginia
Huckabee 54.2% 16
Romney 36.0% 11
Tancredo 9.8% 3

Kansas
Huckabee 52.1% 20
Romney 35.7% 14
Tancredo 12.2% 5

Nebraska
Huckabee 47.1% 14
Romney 40.5% 12
Tancredo 12.6% 4

Louisiana
Huckabee 53.1% 25
Romney 39.1% 18
Tancredo 7.8% 4

Washington
Romney 62.8% 25
Huckabee 19.6% 8
Tancredo 17.6% 7

Romney Red; Huckabee Blue

Delegate Count
Romney 779
Huckabee 533
Tancredo 155
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #205 on: September 23, 2010, 11:06:18 PM »

Mike Huckabee holds a rally in Atlanta, Georgia.

"I wish to thank my supporters. Yesterday, we have won many states and have held on to states like Georgia and Oklahoma, which were targeted by my opponent's campaign. The campaign is not over, however, and your support is still needed. I wish also to congratulate Mitt Romney on his victories, and Tom Tancredo on his numerous strong performances also."

He then goes to Virginia and Maryland to campaign in those states for their upcoming primaries. He begins with a rally in Richmond, Virginia, with Frank Wolf, Rob Wittman and Eric Cantor.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #206 on: September 24, 2010, 09:59:58 AM »

My friends, yesteday was a great day for our campaign, and we are closer than ever before to clinching the nomination! I congratulate Governor Huckabee and Congressman Tancredo on their performances. Our campaign is now heading to Virginia, Maryland, and DC, where we expect strong finishes. We are also laying the groudworks in Texas and Ohio for decisive victories there. Thank you all, and God Bless!
- Mitt Romney
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #207 on: September 24, 2010, 11:53:24 AM »

Mike Huckabee holds campaign stops in Chesapeake, Arlington and Alexandria, Virginia, with Representatives Randy Forbes and Frank Wolf. He then crosses the Potomac river for several rallies in Maryland, with a new endorsement from Representative Roscoe Bartlett.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #208 on: September 24, 2010, 12:41:59 PM »

Former Senator John Warner appears at a rally in Richmond, Virginia with Governor Romney…

Today, I’m proud to announce my endorsement of Governor Mitt Romney. Super Tuesday proved that Mitt Romney is the strongest candidate in this race. We have momentum on our side! Now Virginia, let’s buck what some of the experts think and give Romney a huge win here. The economic policies that Romney will implement now will have a positive affect on our future. Thank you all, and God Bless
- Former Senator John Warner

Later that day, former Maryland Governor Bob Ehlrich makes a statement in Annapolis, Maryland…

I’m endorsing Mitt Romney in this race, and encourage Maryland to give Governor Romney a huge victory here. We have the momentum on our side, and I let’s help him get the votes to clinch the nomination. Our party is lucky to have such a great leader running, and let’s fight for a victory on Tuesday!
- Former Governor Bob Ehlrich
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #209 on: September 24, 2010, 12:44:22 PM »

Congressman Tancredo gives an interview to Chris Wallace on FOX News Sunday:

WALLCE: So, Congressman, are you happy about your performance on Super Tuesday?

TANCREDO: Very happy, Chris.

WALLACE: Do you intend to stay in the race?

TANCREDO: I am contemplating dropping my campaign, actually. I'm not doing too well financially, and I know that I may have a chance, but I'm just not sure about staying in the race. I'll have a decision to the people of America come the end of the month, if not sooner.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #210 on: September 24, 2010, 03:44:36 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2010, 03:53:15 PM by IDS AG feeblepizza »

Congressman Tom Tancredo makes a speech in Norfolk, Virginia:

"America, we have come a long way. We have fought for reform since day one, and although we remain strong, I am still in doubt.

America needs a leader who can make tough decisions. We need someone who has owned a business, or run a state; someone who has made tough executive decisions.

Obviously, I am not that person. I come to you today to announce that I am suspending my campaign for the presidency of the United States of America. I decided to endorse Mitt Romney. Mitt was a successful businessman, and wasn't half bad as a Governor. I think America will be just fine in Mitt's hands.

Thank you all for your help and support. God bless.
"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2010, 03:53:32 PM »

The Romney campaign releases the following statement...

"We are humbled and honored to receive the endorsement of the distinguished Representative Tom Tancredo. Tom is a great man who has done a lot of great things for America, and would have made a fine President. We wish Mr. Tancredo the best of luck, and look forward to seeing more of him in the future.?"

This campaign received even more momentum today with Tancredo's gracious endorsement. Today, I call on Governor Mike Huckabee to suspend his campaign. Governor Romney is extremely close to clinching the nomination, and holds a massive delegate lead over Governor Huckabee. The only thing that will result in Mr. Huckabee staying in the race is a party further divided, and I'm sure he wouldn't want that.
- Governor Bobby Jindal
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2010, 06:25:35 PM »

This is CNN....

Vice-President Dick Cheney has called a press conference:

"Along with Governor Jindal and Congressman Tancredo, I am calling upon Mike Huckabee to drop his bid for the 2008 presidential nomination. I believe that the Party has made its choice upon nominating Governor Romney. While Mike Huckabee is a fine man and would be a finer President, I believe that he has the potential to cause a split within the Party. Anymore useless bickering amongst us and we could see terrible consequences in November. So please, Governor Huckabee (to put this bluntly): please spare us the embarassment and drop your campaign."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #213 on: September 24, 2010, 06:49:14 PM »

Mitt Romney makes a vow while campaigning in Virginia...

Despite leading nationwide and getting nearer and nearer to the magic number of delegates, I'm going to continue campaigning across this nation and reach every state. The greatest part of campaigning is getting to hear the stories of all types of Americans. And then, it's even greater if you can take the people's suggestions with you to the White House and support policy that will help those people. That's why I'm excited to campaign. I want to listen to you all, take your ideas in, and then try to fix the problems Americans have.
- Mitt Romney
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #214 on: September 24, 2010, 10:56:06 PM »

Mike Huckabee holds a rally in Richmond, Virginia, condemning the calls from other Republicans to suspend his campaign.

"I won't drop out until either I or Mitt Romney will reach the 1,191 delegates needed to secure the nomination. The race is not yet over, despite what my opponent's supporters would like to think. What's more, I'm shocked that Romney, being a businessman and all, has supporters asking me to withdraw. If anything, by staying in the race, I think I'm doing a good thing, not only for myself and my supporters, but also for the Republican party, and Mitt Romney himself.

Being a businessman with private sector experience and all, Mitt Romney ought to know that competition brings excellence, and the lack thereof brings mediocrity. You know the old proverb is as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. The fact is no boxer is ever prepared to go into the ring if he's never sparred. If we're really serious about taking it all the way to November, we better have a candidate who's truly battle-tested. So I think it's all nonsense, how I ought to step down to make things easier for my opponent. By staying in the race, I'm giving the Republican party a true choice between either of 2 candidates. Choice, and competition, those are things that Romney ought to encourage, not discourage.
"
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #215 on: September 24, 2010, 10:58:27 PM »

Mike Huckabee announces a series of town-hall meetings in Virginia and Maryland. He will visit Fredericksburg, Williamsburg, Richmond, and Alexandria in Virginia, and Frederick and Baltimore in Maryland.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: September 24, 2010, 11:23:28 PM »

Tom Tancredo announces that he is transferring all of his delegates to Mitt Romney.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #217 on: September 25, 2010, 08:21:17 AM »

February 2008 Week 1

Upcoming Primaries

February Week 2- DC, Maryland, Virginia
February Week 3- Wisconsin, Hawaii
February Week 4- No Primary
March Week 1- Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont
March Week 2- Mississippii

Republicans
Romney 51.3%
Huckabee 43.7%

Blue-Romney, Light Blue-Huckabee

Virginia
Huckabee 50.3%
Romney 44.7%

DC
Romney 86.4%
Huckabee 8.6%

Texas
Huckabee 55.1%
Romney 39.9%

Maryland
Romney 62.5%
Huckabee 32.5%

General Election Matchups

Romney 49%
Warner 39%

Huckabee 44%
Warner 39%

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #218 on: September 25, 2010, 08:33:01 AM »

Mitt Romney campaigns heavily in Virginia, making stops in Richmond, Arlington, Roanoke, and Virginia Beach. Former Senator Warner also spends the day making various stops for Romney...

Polls show that we are close in Virginia, but close is not good enough! Friends, we have to win Virginia, and I'm confident we will! We are now closer than ever to clinching the nomination, and I thank you all for helping me get to this point. We still have a ways to go, but with your help, I know we can get there. We must remain strong, even in the general election. Sadly, my opponent thinks further dividing our party is a good thing, which I am extremely disappointed with. One thing I know from spending years in the private sector: splitting your "profits" is never a good thing. (crowd laughs) Thank you all, and lets bring Virginia into the winning column!
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #219 on: September 25, 2010, 12:31:44 PM »

Warner announces his pledge to travel to every state before the end of the Republican Primary Season. "This will not only be a history making event, it will be a chance to meet with the American people, and find out what they want of their new President."
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #220 on: September 25, 2010, 01:31:27 PM »

Mike Huckabee makes more appearances in Virginia, visiting Front Royal, Winchester and Fairfax City. He appears in Winchester with 3 new endorsements, Representative Bob Goodlatte and former Governor/current Senate candidate Jim Gilmore, as well as former Senator Rick Santorum from Pennsylvania, born in Winchester.

"Mike Huckabee is a real conservative, and I'm pleased to endorse him. I actually considered running myself, but once Mike entered the race, I realized that there's already a conservative choice in the race, and frankly, he's more qualified for the presidency than I am. So, I'm asking you, my fellow Virginians, to vote for the real conservative this Tuesday...Mike Huckabee! Thank you and God bless!"

--Jim Gilmore
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #221 on: September 25, 2010, 02:05:55 PM »

Michele Bachmann stumps for Governor Romney at a hardware store in Fairfax, Virginia...

This party needs a nominee who will stand up to Governor Warner. Virginians, you know the Governor well. He's a "moderate", and is considered a pretty strong nominee for the Democrat party. The Republicans need a strong leader, someone like Ronald Reagan. And friends, I believe Mitt Romney is that leader, and I ask you all to vote for him. Thank you!
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: September 25, 2010, 03:19:05 PM »

Congressman Tom Tancredo makes a speech in Dallas, Texas:

"Mitt Romney is a businessman - he knows how to create jobs. He can get this nation back on the road and will make, in my opinion, a wonderful President. However, because a certain someone refuses to drop out, it seems that the Party and America is in danger of going further down the chute. Please [don't let it happen. Vote for Mitt Romney!"
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #223 on: September 25, 2010, 04:09:21 PM »

Mike Huckabee visits the state of Maryland, hoding campaign stops in Frederick and Annapolis with Roscoe Bartlett. He then returns to Virginia for rallies in Chesapeake, with Randy Forbes, and in Richmond, with Eric Cantor and Jim Gilmore.

"I'm looking forward to voting for Mike Huckabee. I think he's the best Republican in the race, and I think he has what it takes to win and to make a fine President. That's why I'm voting for him this Tuesday, and I hope that other Republicans join me in doing so, on both sides of the Potomac! Thank you, and God bless America!" --Eric Cantor
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #224 on: September 25, 2010, 09:03:46 PM »

Mike Huckabee holds more campaign stops in Maryland, visiting Cumberland, Hagerstown, Rockville and Salisbury. He then holds 4 town hall style meetings in Virginia, with events in Falls Church, Lynchburg, Roanoke and Staunton.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies