Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 01:31:55 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Bacon King)
| | |-+  The Never Ending Americana Story (Death certificate issued)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 118 Print
Author Topic: The Never Ending Americana Story (Death certificate issued)  (Read 95014 times)
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2010, 04:50:57 pm »
Ignore

Governor's Office in Montgomery relased a following statement:

Governor Dent is deeply dissapointed with a behavior that his Pennsylvania colleague, Governor Robert P. Casey had just displayed. The Governor believes that using Senator Joseph Blake recent medical conditions, as he personally experienced a very similar one just two years ago, in order to advance a political agenda is simply below a dignity of the Governor of the U.S. state.

Senator Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2010, 07:19:53 pm »
Ignore

Office of Ricardo Barnes

Barnes is reading a newspaper with the Headline:

Obesity Tax Debate Sweeps Nation

"Jesus, what's this country coming to?  Anyway, I suppose I should go to that press conference.  Ugh...

A few minutes later....Senate Caucus Room

"Thank you for coming everyone.  Over the past few days, it has become apparent that the Transparency Act will not be passed in the form that I presented it in in the Senate.  However, I have been working closely with both Senator Blake and Representative McLovin.  The compromise includes the following items:

-New, large restrictions on lobbying
-Full finical disclosure for all Federal Employees
-End to all "riders."  That is, amending a bill that contains language that is non-germane with the purpose of the bill. 
-Reduction in earmark spending.
-A complete Audit of the Federal Reserve.

Now, what I mean by 'Reduction in earmarks' means that any earmark that costs over $100 million must be approved by a 3/5ths vote of both chambers.

I look forward to working with my colleagues in both the House and the Senate to get this crucial piece of legislation passed.

Thank you."

-Atlasia and all that jazz-
Senator for Atlasia At-Large
General-Secretary of the Labor Party

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2010, 07:40:59 pm »
Ignore

Press: Governor, you’ve been the first political figure outside to openly criticize new Oklahoma anti-obesity tax law. Isn’t that just a state issue?
Dent: First of all, this debate is already a nationwide-discussed issue. Second of all, it’s simply difficult to me to try to pretend I ignore that nonsense.
Press: Why have you come out against it?
Dent: I really don’t know whether this project is a results of ignorance or just ill will. Obesity is a complex problem. It may be caused by slow metabolism, diabetics, other diseases totally irrelevant to how much a person with obesity eats. Why such people should be punished? They already have a very difficult life with their diseases and the state needs to help them with a medical assistance instead of torturing them.
Press: But there are really people with eating disorder that is causing an obesity, sir.
Dent: Of course. But like all other addicts they need professional help to overcome their addictions. The last thing they need is a state making him to bankrupt or starve to death. That’s cruel and, thus, have no place in our law. That’s why as long as Oklahoma would continue these heartless and mindless efforts, no matter how watered down, I’ll oppose it, as I’m ready to take the issue all the way to the Supreme Court.
Press: Governor, please forgive us if this is going to sound insensitive, but there are people wondering why, just a few days after your daughter’s death, you’re working like nothing happened.
Dent: Because I’ve been elected to do my work. Period.
Press: Some people also are questioning the circumstances that led to your daughter’s death and your relationship with her role in this.
Dent: And that’s completely irrelevant to whatever I’m doing as Governor.
Press: Some people may wonder if you fit to this job due to some...
Dent: Well, being totally honest, if the people prefer to have an incompetent Governor who’s publicly crying whenever some of his children dies, neglecting his duties instead of a Governor who’s focusing on what he was elected for and don’t care about these things, that’s they right, no matter how stupid it is.
Well, I shouldn’t been telling this, the Governor reflected too late. Asshole got me. Ah, what the hell...
Dent: Thus, I’m always available for any questions regarding actual government business, as every public official should be, but please save this lame drama for the next episode of the Bold and the Beautiful. Thank you. 

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2010, 08:38:54 pm »
Ignore

Roberts says that he is strongly against the Oklahoma law.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2010, 08:59:20 pm »
Ignore

Press: Governor, what is your opinion of the Governor from Alabama's recent comments?
Johnson: I'm really surprised he's making a comment at all, given his daughter recently passed away. It certainly makes me question how much character the Governor really has, and if he is even fit to serve as Governor.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
-Jackie Robinson
Dallasfan65
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 5.68, S: -9.74

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2010, 09:01:30 pm »
Ignore

April 23rd, 1991

Another message from the office of Representative Thad O'Connor

Rep. O'Connor wishes Senator Blake well, and staunchly condemns Governor Casey's exploitation of the incident. "The fact that he is using the personal hardship of a statesman to promote an authoritarian agenda is unacceptable" says Rep O'Connor. Rep. O'Connor also announces he will be launching Together United Political Action Committee, or TUPAC*, an advocacy group against the Oklahoma Law and future obesity taxes.

*Inspired by Jbrase.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2010, 09:02:12 pm »
Ignore

April 23rd, 1991

Another message from the office of Representative Thad O'Connor

Rep. O'Connor wishes Senator Blake well, and staunchly condemns Governor Casey's exploitation of the incident. "The fact that he is using the personal hardship of a statesman to promote an authoritarian agenda is unacceptable" says Rep O'Connor. Rep. O'Connor also announces he will be launching Together United Political Action Committee, or TUPAC*, an advocacy group against the Oklahoma Law and future obesity taxes.

*Inspired by Jbrase.

OOC: You're stealing my issues, bastards Tongue

Ok, never mind, I'll do my part, you do your Smiley
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:07:54 pm by Kalwejt »Logged

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2010, 09:08:31 pm »
Ignore

Adam Johnson on talk radio, responding to TUPAC...

To be honest, I really don't give a rip about these thugs and criminals trying to encourage obesity. At the end of the day, I'm doing my job my improving the well-being of Oklahomans, while they're doing nothing to stop the high amount of people dying each year due to obesity. So I'm dern proud of this bill. Oklahomans deserve this, and America as a whole does too.

-Jackie Robinson
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2010, 09:10:14 pm »
Ignore

Aaron Presley issues another statement, condemning Governor Casey's exploitation of Senator Blake's heart attack: "To see a old friend of mine get used for a political agenda like this is simply heartbreaking. I hope that Governor Casey retracts his statement and gives Senator Blake an apology."

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2010, 09:12:40 pm »
Ignore

Adam Johnson on talk radio, responding to TUPAC...

To be honest, I really don't give a rip about these thugs and criminals trying to encourage obesity. At the end of the day, I'm doing my job my improving the well-being of Oklahomans, while they're doing nothing to stop the high amount of people dying each year due to obesity. So I'm dern proud of this bill. Oklahomans deserve this, and America as a whole does too.

Governor Dent response during press conference.

The Governor of Oklahoma may still fail to realize an objective scientific facts, just as well as a little, yet important, thing called common sense, but the American institutions haven't lost it yet, which means, he soon will be greatly dissapointed by their verdict

Adding:

Governor Johnson also failed to understand that the fact that someone somewhere died is a poor excuse for being inactive.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:14:36 pm by Kalwejt »Logged

Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2010, 09:38:37 pm »
Ignore

Aaron Presley goes on interview with Larry King. King's questions span from Presley's days as one of the pioneers of rock and roll to Presley's opinions on modern day issues. King asks Presley his opinions on the Oklahoma anti-obesity tax law.

Presley: You know, the fact that Governor Johnson would refer to a legitimate organization such as TUPAC as "thugs and criminals" appalls me. I'm not even a member of TUPAC, and I'm angered that Governor Johnson would seek to libel his opposition this way. The thing that matters the most to me in a politician is his or her character, and Governor Johnson showed very poor character in labeling TUPAC as "thugs and criminals." With this being said, I hope that Governor Johnson's lapse in character was a fluke, and that I hope his true character is pure as the Lord's.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:41:31 pm by Speaker of the Northeast Assembly Han »Logged

Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2010, 01:28:56 am »
Ignore

Blake saw Governor Johnson's comments and his anger surged. He felt Johnson was callous at best and dense at worst. Nothing compared however to his anger with Bob Casey. To directly confront a man who was almost equally as popular as he was in Pennsylvania would potentially be dangerous. Their power bases would collide in old fashioned PA, which often placed a sort of "bosslike" loyalty to its favorite sons. Blake and Casey were the most powerful men in the state, especially now with John Heinz's recent death. Casey needed to appoint someone to serve in the Senate. Many observers felt he leaned toward the conservative Catherine Baker Knoll who was loyal to him. Of Casey's cabinet, only Mark Singel was not hostile to Blake. Now an enemy in the Senate would do him no favors. He would be released from the hospital at the end of the week. He would need a month's rest at home, but he decided he'd at least keep a partial work schedule. He decided that he would take the risk of antagonizing Casey and he didn't much care what Johnson thought of him. He released this statement from the hospital.

"Fellow Americans. Fellow Pennsylvanians. Yes, it is true that I suffered a mild heart attack and am currently healing well at Mercy Hospital here in Pittsburgh. My family and I are appreciative of friends on both sides of the asile, Republicans and Democrats, who have sent their well wishes to my family and I. I have three young children and a wife who are being lifted up on the shoulders of ordinary Americans who have experienced similar suffering of a loved one who's had to deal with heart issues. Recently, my name has been used to highlight the anti-obesity bill craze currently going on, specifically by Governor Robert P. Casey. Governor Casey used my name to promote the anti-obesity hysteria currently going on in Oklahoma and proposed here in Pennsylvania. Yes, it's true, I've got a gut on me. But I'm also 6'4 1\2". I played Center for Pitt, which is a position where you're encouraged to eat heartily. Sure, I'm heavy, but I also work out every week in the gym. My heart attack was brought on by my own foolish overscheduling, not so much my eating practices. I would appreciate if Governor Casey takes my name off of his stump speech of legislation that I so clearly do not support. I believe that this legislation is simply discriminatory. Some people are heavy through no fault of their own. I would hope that Governors Casey and Johnson would remember that prejudicial treatment does not lead to votes. We must encourage healthy lifestyles, but negative reinforcement simply will not work. Most Republicans and Democrats would agree that you treat your neighbor the way you'd like to be treated. For these men to pass harsh judgement is profoundly unwise."

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2010, 06:40:54 am »
Ignore

At a press conference in Tulsa, Governor Johnson responds to Senator Blakes comments...

Maybe this doesn't buy me votes, but something Senator Blake needs to get through his big head is that this isn't about politics. This isn't about helping my reelection chances. This is about improving the lifestyle of Oklahomans and helping make America and Oklahoma a safer and healthier place for all.

-Jackie Robinson
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2010, 03:13:55 pm »
Ignore

OOC: Good one we got going here, folks Smiley

I'll be able to post a real entry later this evening.

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2010, 03:16:02 pm »
Ignore

OOC: Good one we got going here, folks Smiley

I'll be able to post a real entry later this evening.
Your welcome for starting this! Wink Though it came on a whim.

-Jackie Robinson
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2010, 03:54:24 pm »
Ignore

OOC: Tmthforu, you're one freaking genius for coming up with Okie's Obesity Laws Smiley

And I like how Doc is conducting PA stuff

Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2010, 05:14:09 pm »
Ignore

Blake decided not to fire back at Johnson. Not now anyway. He'd work on what he knew he could have control in. The Senate and in Pennsylvania. He chaffed at being in the hospital. A man who loved the freedom of being able to work and roam around wherever he wanted. Blake seldom was still for long. His Senate collegue and friend, Paul Simon considered him to be manic.

Blake restlessly turned on the television to see what was happening in the local news. There was Governor Casey announcing his Senate choice. In bold print below was the tag:

---CASEY CHOOSES KNOLL TO REPLACE HEINZ---
As Blake had anticipated, Casey chose an ally, conservative Democrat Catherine Baker Knoll to replace John Heinz. Knoll, openly hostile to Blake's liberalism could not be counted on. 20 years his senior, she was a stubby looking, grandmotherly figure, prone to gaffes, Knoll was still a popular figure, unlikely to arouse any public rancor among Democrats. Blake, his loyal Pittsburgh and Philadelphia lieutenants, Bob O'Connor and Ed Rendell could only watch and squirm. Blake called them, but did little in the way of strategy. He didn't feel like it at the moment and he brushed it off whenever the two veteran politicans would bring it up to him. Instead, he directed them to Jimmy Calvin and to get back to him with their advice later.

"Gentlemen," Blake said to the people standing before him. "Prepare a media blitz before I get out of here. Let's take these bastards out."

"You got it, Senator."

Dallasfan65
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 5.68, S: -9.74

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2010, 05:41:40 pm »
Ignore

OOC: How come nobody's listing dates anymore? Anywho..

April 30th, 1991

Representative O'Connor unveils a new ad that TUPAC will be running in Oklahoma.

The ad starts out with a white background, before slowly closing in on a cheeseburger in the distance.

"What is this? Everybody knows what this is. A cheeseburger. The cheeseburger is an item that many Americans love to eat." A voice says, in the audio of the ad.

The cheeseburger, zoomed in on the screen, slowly begins to move back towards the background.

"However, some people in Oklahoma might not get to enjoy cheeseburgers anymore. That's right, thanks to Governor Johnson's bill in the Oklahoma Assembly."

The cheeseburger then vanishes, and the screen goes black. Now, the words appear on the screen in white text, with the voice still being heard.

"What's more, is that other states to follow suit. Tell your Governor "No!" if this turns up in your state."

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2010, 05:50:51 pm »
Ignore

(Back to old Americana ways Wink)

May 1, 1991

When a true American patriots are struggling to get our nation healthy, a group of criminals is still busy with defending useless fat people, who want all of us to be fat.

Jefferson Dent? (Showing a picture from the mid-1960s with him having a longer hair, beard and smoking a cigarette). He said it's not their fault they're fat. Oh really? Just as it's not his fault he killed his own daughter.

Joseph Blake? (A picture of an ambulance instead). When this man will realize that he get what he deserved by eating much more than a True American should?

Thad O'Connor? How dare he? HOW DARE HE to bring a classic American food to a failed attack on our efforts to allow the people to continue American lifestyle and remain not-fat?

Aaron Pressley? HAHAHA! What a incompetent guitar lover can know about higher matters? HAHAHA. No futher questions, your honor.

(Paid for the Americans Against Obesity Committee. This ad is not supported by any candidate or a political party)   

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2010, 05:55:39 pm »
Ignore

Governor Johnson responds to the latest TUPAC attack...

That organization needs to get their act together. Maybe if they had any sense of intelligence, they would have known we have removed the food tax and added clauses that would have companies encourage their employees to get or stay in shape, as well as adding a tax on alcoholic beverages and tobacco products. My suggestion to the organization members, if they can even read, is to read the dern bill!

-Jackie Robinson
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2010, 07:12:37 pm »
Ignore

OOC: How come nobody's listing dates anymore? Anywho..

OOC: I used to do the same thing in the original timeline. Unless I went back or we moved forward considerably, I never much bothered with listing the dates.

Next entry coming tonight.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2010, 07:37:52 pm »
Ignore

April 27, 1991

Barack: (looking at Governor Casey on TV) I guess he choose a wrong party.
Dent: No, he just didn't realized that the right party moved some 50 years forward.
The Governor didn't knew Casey well, although, which still was a kind of suprise for him, a stubborn Keystone State resident endorsed him pretty early during 1988 primaries. Allah only knows why. Why would old-school (or maybe out of date) Casey root so early for, after all, a man who was the first representative of the counterculture generation in the federal politics and later a so-called Liberal Tiger of the Senate? Maybe due to a Health Care issue? I don’t really know...
Dent: Well, you know my obsession with counting a party balance, but for the first time I can say with all responsibility, that a first-rate Republican has been replaces with a joke Democrat.
Barack: You wouldn't say that if you still were the Majority Leader.
Dent: Probably not.
Casey: Bla... bla... bla...
Dent: This is always very interesting to see a Governor and a Senator from one party, both very popular in their state, to turn against each other... which makes me only to realize, how everything is now empty around me.
Barack: What do you mean, Governor?
Dent: You come to work for me in 1987, shortly after the midterms, right?
Barack: That’s correct.
Dent: And that was the year George Wallace finally retired. You missed the best. For almost two decades we were battling each other, every day, for a controll over the state party. We both were popular, we both were getting reelected for our respective offices without problems, but we really were on the knifes all the time. We were spending our efforts to gain more influence, and we both wished each other to go die in a fire as soon as possible preferably. Yet...
(Pauses for a moment)
Dent: Yet, he’s now gone, and I have sole control over the state Democratic Party. Ok, I accomplished what I really wanted but now, it’s all just not the same. You see, sometimes I thing that I’m travelling with a grim reaper of politics. Every single giant I was fighting with over a course of years, both statewide and nationally... James Allen, George Wallace, Jimmy Carter, Scoop Jackson, Beauregard D’Israeli... They’re all gone now, and I’m the only around who left, here, alone.
(Looking at the TV again)
Dent: Well, Joe, better enjoy your best years here, before you’ll become an old and lonely man like me.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2010, 08:12:24 pm »
Ignore

April 30, 1991

The doors of the gubernatorial office opened suddenly and a state representative walked, or rather, was running away, crying openly.
Dent: (emerging soon from the office) Well, next time act like a man, instead of crying like a baby.
Barack: Wow, Governor... what’s happened?
Dent: Well, I just won a needed vote to gain a majority before tommorows vote.
It would be a wonderful day, without the fact I'd have to check out if they can finally operate the chair at night, Dent thought with a grin.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 08:15:48 pm by Kalwejt »Logged

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2010, 08:18:04 pm »
Ignore

May 1, 1991

This is CNN.

With a majority of just one vote, Alabama State House passed a bill, already narrowly approved by the Senate, that instituted a massive investition in modernizing Mobile infrastructure, expanding tourism and cultural objects.

The opposition, coming mostly from the rural counties, attacked the project as a favoring urban interest. Governor Jefferson Dent (D), a Mobile native himself, responded, that from making Mobile “Alabama’s Windom On The World” the entire state will benefit,

This is CNN.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2010, 08:27:03 pm »
Ignore

May 2, 1991
Governor's Office, 12.01 PM

Warden: (on the phone) Governor, good evening, can you hear me?
Dent: Yes, I can hear you very well, Warden.
Warden: Everything is prepeared in the death chamber, sir. The inmate has been strapped in the chair and we're awaiting your order.
Dent: All right, you're clear to proceed with the execution. This mess up this time.
Warden: We'll do our best, sir.
Dent: If this were enough...

Five minutes later.

Warden: Governor... I just can't believe this...
Dent: Let me guess. The head of the prisoner set in the fire or just two jolts were not enough and he's still breathing?
Warden: No, sir, we actually were able to electrocute him with just one jolt.
Dent: No kidding? You really learned, finally, how our favorite toy is working?
Warden: Yes.
Dent: Very good. Have a good night then, Warden.
If someone would tell me just a year ago, he thought, ending a phone conversation, that I'd actually ever preside over an execution, I'd dismiss him as an insane.
And what would she say, if she would see me now? 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 118 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout