Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2014, 06:58:03 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Bacon King)
| | |-+  The Never Ending Americana Story (Death certificate issued)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 ... 118 Print
Author Topic: The Never Ending Americana Story (Death certificate issued)  (Read 94979 times)
hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: December 14, 2011, 06:32:13 pm »
Ignore

Governor Jeff Daniels
(OOC: Yes, I know this is the Premier of Ontario)

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2651 on: December 16, 2011, 07:25:40 am »
Ignore

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving as a special task force advisor at the combat zone. On September 2, 1964 Lt. (jg) Dent flew an instructory mission on Cessna O-1 Bird Dog along the coastline with significant presence of the enemy forces, when has been alerted that flying nearby C-130A Hercules transport aircraft, carrying American and Republic of Vietnam's parachuters over combat zone, has been heavily damaged by an AA fire, that disabled it's navigation and long-distance communication equipment. Although lacking clear orders to do so, Lt. (jg) Dent assisted a damaged aircraft by firing upon and destroying one of the enemy's AA positions and then leading C-130A to the closest airfield. His courageous and inspiring decision to engage saved the plane from an inevitable crash as well as lives of those 66 servicemen on board.

Jefferson Dent's Medal of Honor citation.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2652 on: December 17, 2011, 04:18:24 am »
Ignore

December 26, 1995

Dent: And how was your Christmas Eve?
Barack: Very nice, thank you Mr. President.
Dent: I had nice Christmas Eve too.
Barack: That's wonderful, Mr. President.
Dent: I got stoned. In fact, it was very funny.
Barack: You got stoned in the White House, sir?!
Dent: Last time I checked getting stoned is still legal in D.C. And I had really cool hallucinations. There was a Spirit of Christmas Past, which looked exactly like young Natalie Wood and I...
Barack: I guess I know the second part.
Dent: You know, Natalie was such a fine gal, before...
Secretary: Excuse me, Mr. President, but Secretary Christopher and Admiral Krantz are here and says it's urgent.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2653 on: December 17, 2011, 06:01:23 am »
Ignore

Dent: So, Warren, why are you looking like you just looking right now?
Christopher: Mr. President, I'm afraid we have a very serious problem... (looking at the admiral)
Krantz: What? You tell.
Dent: Who died this time?
Christopher: It's not quite this.
Dent: You know, I've got all day.
Christopher: Um, well, the situation is basically that...

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2654 on: December 17, 2011, 06:23:36 am »
Ignore

A few minutes later.

Dent: .................
Christopher: And that's the situation, Mr. President.
Dent: You f**king kidding me, right?
Christopher: I wish I would, sir.
Barack: Wow.
Dent: Am I still stoned?
Christopher: We're real, Mr. President.
Dent: Well, you know how to make me feel better, Warren.
Barack: Wow.
Dent: Well said.
Barack: Mr. Secretary, did I get you right?
Christopher: Yes. A Saudi princess, who's niece of King Fahd...
Dent: Who have like a couple of hundreds of nieces, ftr.
Christopher: ...illegally came to the United States and is asking for an asylum.
Barack: On what ground?
Dent: It's that obvious, genius?
Christopher: Indeed.
Barack: I don't understand this.
Dent: And you call yourself a Muslim?
Barack: With all due respect, Mr. President, I'm a Christian.
Dent: You don't need to pretend in front of me, Barack.
Barach: Ug.
Christopher: Sir, returning to the problem.
Dent: Go.
Christopher: The problem is, that it seems we have a legal limbo here. While she indeed came to the United States illegally and, thus, can be deported as an alien, she can successfully claim for a citizenship.
Dent: On what ground?
Christopher: Being married to U.S. citizen.
Dent: Was that even legal?
Christopher: Well, not under Saudi law, but perfectly under U.S. law.
Dent: And who is that idiot?
Christopher: An ensign on board one of our aircraft carriers, that just returned from the Gulf.
Dent: Wow, wow, wow... are you telling me that some navy idiot not only brought a Saudi princess with him, but used one of our aircraft carriers to accomplish this?
Christopher: Precisely.
Dent: Which one?
Krantz: USS Winfield S. Dent.
Dent: Oh come one!
Krantz: That's true.
Dent: Is there any more crap I have to eat right now?
Christopher: Saudis?
Dent: Obviously.
Christopher: Mr. President, as your Secretary of State I have to emphasize how this may affect our relations with a very important ally.
Dent: No kidding, man.
Christopher: But, as a lawyer, I'm not sure if we just can send her back.
Dent: There are issues of both national security and illegal entry.
Barack: Mr. President, we cannot do this.
Dent: And why the f**k not?
Barack: Because it's not right.
Dent: Humbug.
Barack: After what she did, she'll face chop-chop square.
Dent: Yes, and I really care.
Krantz: Well, at least we can surely convict that whole ensign.
Dent: I swear I'll convince military tribunal and have him hanged.
Christopher: There's a precedent...
Dent: That I can hang those who annoyed me? I know, I already used this in the past.
Christopher: No, Mr. President, I mean there's a legal precedent.
Dent: Go on.
Christopher: There was a Saudi princess that illegally entered the country, with an illegal help, but was never sent back.
Dent: And just because some idiot pull a crap like this I'm supposed to care?
Christopher: That man wasn't an idiot.
Dent: And who the hell he was? An Einstein?
Christopher: It was you, Mr. President.

their bastard sons against the wall
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: December 18, 2011, 10:07:28 am »
Ignore

From CBS interview with Gov. Wilkinson..."I have certain rules I live by. My first rule: I don't believe anything the government tells me. "

..."The planet is fine, the people are f***ed."

..."Here's another example of overprotection. You ever notice on the TV-news every time some guy with an AKM strolls on to a school yard and kills three or four kids and a couple of teachers, the next day... the next day the school in overrun with counsellors, and psychiatrics, and grief counsellors, and trauma therapists trying to help the child cope. S**t, when I was in school, someone came to our school and killed three or four of us; we went right on with our arithmetic: "35 classmates minus 4... equals 31". We were tough."

..."Here's some bumper stickers I'd like to see:
We are the proud parents of a child whose self esteem is sufficient that he doesn't need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.
We are the proud parents of a child who has resisted his teachers' attempts to break his spirit and bend him to the will of his corporate masters.
We have a daughter in public school who hasn't been knocked up yet.
We have a son in public school who hasn't shot any of his classmates yet. But he does sell drugs to your honor student. Plus he knocked up your daughter.
We are the embarrassed parents of a cross-eyed little nit-wit who at the age of ten not only continues to wet the bed but also sh**s on the school bus."

..."But where do people think these Dents come from? They don't fall out of the sky; they don't pass through a membrane from a separate reality. They come from American homes, American families, American schools, American churches, and American businesses. And they're elected by American voters. This is what our system produces, folks. This is the best we can do. Let's face it, we have very little to work with. Garbage in, garbage out.

Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: December 18, 2011, 10:44:30 am »
Ignore

[OOC: The primaries shall start soon for the Republicans. I suggest the Dems get their maps together and such. I'll assume Dallas and Kal are working on that.]

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2657 on: December 18, 2011, 08:53:40 pm »
Ignore

TV: ...the case of a runaway Saudi princess, currently detained by the immigration authorities in Norfolk, Virginia, became number one news. Princess Amatulah bin Fuad...
Dent: Those idiots can't even get her name right. It's Amatullah bint Fuad bin Abdulaziz as-Saud. Pathetic.
Wargrave: I don't think proper pronunciation is our biggest concern right now.
Dent: It's not pronunciation problem! "Bin" is meaning "son". "Bint", which is Arabic for "daughter", is a proper form, period.
TV ...Saudi Foreign Minister, Prince Saud bin Faisal, issued a strong demand for returning of, quote, "kidnapped" Princess to the Saudi custody. Meanwhile, Representative Pat Schroeder of Colorado became the first politician to address the issue by appealing to President Dent to grant Princess Amatullah an asylum.
Dent: Wonderful. Whatever decision is to be made, I'll take a hit anyway.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2658 on: December 20, 2011, 06:45:12 am »
Ignore

The United States Foreign Corps (USFC) is the smallest as well as youngest branch of the United States Armed Forces. In the civilian leadership structure of the United States military, the Foreign Corps is a component of the United States Department of the Army.

With ap. 13,000 active personnel, the Foreign Corps was created for foreign nationals willing to serve in the French Armed Forces. Commanded by American officers, it is also open to American citizens, who cannot however amount more than 20% of the recruits.

History

Orgins of the Foreign Corps traces back to early 1980s, when President D'Israeli announced his "army professionalization" plan, according to which American military personnel was to be drastically reduced and, by 2000, one-third of the U.S. Armed Forces would be "hired" foreign nationals. An ambitious plan went nowhere close to realization, but legal frameworks for the future unit were created.

Using these frameworks, shortly after taking office in 1993, President Dent signed an executive order creating Foreign Corps, modeled on famous French Foreign Legion and appointing his Saudi-born bodyguard, Hussein At-Tariq, as it's Commandant.

As of 1995, ap. 65% of the Foreign Corps recruits were Saudis, Libyans or Iraqis, which led to popularly call the unit as an "Arab Corps".

Service in the Foreign Corps is a way to legally obtain U.S. citizenship and, possibly, continuing military career in other branches.

The Foreign Corps was first tested in action during 1995 Masdari crisis, gaining a reputation of an elite unit. Unlike other branches of the Armed Forces, the Corps is permitted to operate in the United States, doing it for the first time during 1993 South Carolina custom crisis.

Ranks

The Foreign Corps uses the same ranks as the Army, except that two-star Major General is the highest rank possible, always held by the Commandant,

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: December 20, 2011, 09:12:29 am »
Ignore

Daniels is at a press conference
Reporter: What do you think of the latest comments by Governor Wilkinson?
Daniels: Normally I don't say this stuff, but this case is so extreme that I have to. This guy is nuts.
Reporter: How about the news with the Saudi princess?
Daniels: I think we should just give her asylum. We shouldn't be helping Saudi Arabia so much, just because they have oil. They have one of the worst human rights records in the world, and we should not be basically condoning that. Oil is part of the reason that our environment is so bad, and we should be more energy independent. Maybe not as much as Iceland, but I think we should reduce our fossil fuel emissions by as much as 25% in the next 20 years..

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: December 22, 2011, 10:18:11 pm »
Ignore

January 25th, 1996:
The Hawaii Republican Caucuses commence.

January 27th, 1996:
The Alaska Republican Caucuses commence.

January 29th, 1996:
The Alaska Republican Caucuses come to a close. At the end of the night, Christian Mattingly is declared victor in the caucuses, this is the first win of the Republican primary season.

Mattingly-36%
Goldwater-24%
LaMott-20%
O’Connor-18%
Others-2%

January 31st, 1996:
The Hawaii Caucuses come to a close with former New Hampshire Senator Warren Rudman being declared the winner mere minutes after the last poll closes. This, while an expected result, is surprising due to Rudman’s large margin of victory.

Rudman-61%
O’Connor-15%
Mattingly-9%
LaMott-8%
Others-7%

February 6th, 1996:
The Louisiana Republican Caucuses take place. With LaMott’s stance as the Southern candidate and as the most prominent candidate of the Religious Right, she wins easily over her opponents.

LaMott-56%
Mattingly-26%
Alexander-16%
Others-2%

February 12th, 1996:
In the Iowa Caucuses, Maine Governor Thad O’Connor wins a surprising victory over his opponents. Not expected to do well in the rural Mid-West, he nonetheless has campaigned hard in the region and was able to pull off this victory.

O’Connor-30%
LaMott-26%
Mattingly-23%
Alexander-10%
Rudman-8%
Others-3%

Red-Governor Christian Mattingly of Michigan
Orange-Senator Evangeline LaMott of South Carolina
Green-Former Senator Warren B. Rudman of New Hampshire
Blue-Governor Thad O'Connor of Maine
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 01:20:55 pm by Cathcon »Logged

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2661 on: December 23, 2011, 09:08:54 am »
Ignore

January 29, 1996:

Governor Thad O'Connor of Maine, an independent running in both Republican and Democratic primaries, scores a significant win in Alaska caucuses, where his libertarian message played well. The first of Democratic presidential primary contests of 1996 was largerly ignored by other candidates.

O'Connor: 51%
Folsom: 23%
Daniels: 9%
Gephardt: 8%
Bayh: 5%
Barnett: 4%

January 31, 1996:

Governor Jim Folsom of Alabama, a favorite of the coalition dominating Democratic party (progressive Southerners, urban Liberals and minorities) scores a big win in similary low-hey Hawaii caucus.

Folsom: 58%
O'Connor: 21%
Gephardt: 9%
Bayh: 4%
Daniels: 3%
Uncommitted: 5%

February 6, 1996:

Governor Folsom is triumphing in his home region of Deep South, winning Louisiana Democratic caucus by a large margin.

Folsom: 62%
Barnett: 20%
Uncommitted: 8%
Bayh: 6%
Gephardt: 3%
O'Connor: 1%

February 12, 1995:

Iowa caucus, the first "serious" contest, was marked by a suprise victory of former House Majority Leader Dick Gephardt of Missouri, who successfully used his regional appeal and, with strong presence of O'Connor as a spoiler, was able to take "Anti-Dent candidate" status from Bayh (althought running from the left)

Gephardt: 34%
Folsom: 31%
O'Connor: 19%
Bayh: 11%
Uncommitted: 5%

Although he failed to gain any traction so far, Governor Bayh decided to stay in the race.

Note: Zack Brown didn't fill for any of contexts so far.

Folsom (2)
Gephardt (1)[/b]
O'Connor (1)[/b]

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2662 on: December 23, 2011, 03:20:01 pm »
Ignore

Daniels is at a press conference
Reporter: What do you think of the latest comments by Governor Wilkinson?
Daniels: Normally I don't say this stuff, but this case is so extreme that I have to. This guy is nuts.
Reporter: How about the news with the Saudi princess?
Daniels: I think we should just give her asylum. We shouldn't be helping Saudi Arabia so much, just because they have oil. They have one of the worst human rights records in the world, and we should not be basically condoning that. Oil is part of the reason that our environment is so bad, and we should be more energy independent. Maybe not as much as Iceland, but I think we should reduce our fossil fuel emissions by as much as 25% in the next 20 years..

Dent: (reading a newspaper) I swear this man never uttered a single rational thought in his life. Either he's drunk, forgot to take his medication again, or both. You know, this is really annoying. Every obscure Governor of some backward state can in jump and play the righteous one, but they all are just clueless. None of them is aware of or have to care about the big picture. None have real responsibilities. God protect us from ignorant fools being involved in foreign policy issues.

Dallasfan65
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 5.68, S: -9.74

View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: December 23, 2011, 11:05:37 pm »
Ignore

Governor O'Connor attends a rally predominantly made of Democrats in Eugene, Oregon.

"It is good once more to be here in the Badger State. One thing that I admire about Oregon and all of Cascadia, is its devotion to the arts and steadfast individualism; in many respects it embodies a key plank of my platform.

Eugene is home to the University of Oregon, and I will work to protect her interests. In the past, I have talked much about the needs of strengthening our higher education, taking a hardline stance against those on the sanctimonious far-Right that would balance the budget on the backs of college students like yourselves whilst ignoring a foreign policy that is an albatross, both in its exorbitant cost and in its self-destructive repercussions around the world. A revival in the arts will be good in enriching the culture of our people.

Since Newt Gingrich and his sycophants hijacked the Republican Party, no region has spurned their bastardized child of faux-Conservatism and Theocracy more than Cascadia. Oregon was once a Republican strong-hold, yet it has slipped through the miscreant's fingers more seamlessly than holy water. I identify with Oregon in many respects, having fought the Religious Right at every pass.

I have clashed with their stalwarts on many occasions. I laid waste to their forces in the 1992 Presidential Primary and thumped their interloper in my own state as an Independent. I have led the charge to decriminalize marijuana and end our bigoted marriage policy toward gays. Several weeks ago, we were even able to lower the drinking age to sixteen.

To those in the Democratic Party that are committed to the cause of individual freedom, I am the best candidate for you. My opponents are all fine and respectable men, but if we are to defeat the Religious Right, we cannot merely languish in the trenches and prolong the stalemate. We must take the fight to them, for I feel it is a battle we can win, lest we be doomed to the throes of a jack-booted theocracy."

Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: December 24, 2011, 12:28:11 am »
Ignore

Mattingly on that speech, talking to a friendly reporter (in an unusually giddy moment):
Hah! O'Connor sounds less like a libertarian & more like dome Rockefelleresque grand planner. "A revival in the arts"? Christ, gimme a break. Sounds like Nelson Rockefeller. And "Jack booted theocracy"? For the love of God! I suppose defending the Right to Life is fascism. Declaring marriage as between a man & a woman is totalitarianism. I might be a bit tipsy from something I drank, but let's face it, we were all thinkin' it! Can you pour me some more a' that? Great. Thanks. Seems my cigarettes ran out too. Could ya get me some? Thanks, your the best. Anyway, back to the subject. I don't see where Thad's coming from. Admittedly, one of the most interventionist foreign policies in the last sixteen years is the current one. He wants to talk foreign policy? Do it with his pal Jeff Dent, who he in fact worked for on foreign policy. I say this as his former running mate: ya mightta got lucky once, but luck only goes so far. Keep straddling that fence between Democrat & Republican. See where that gets ya. God bless.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:22:45 pm by Cathcon »Logged

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2665 on: December 24, 2011, 09:09:37 am »
Ignore

Dent: Well, since you were appointed to serve at my pleasure, I guess it's a time to ask you for advice.
Wargrave: Actually, I was appointed to have a pulse in case you're lacking one.
Dent: Fair point. However, you two are not in that comfortable position in the line of succession.
Bumpers: Are you going to die this week or what?
Dent: I don't plan to.
Barack: Mr. President, I'm not in the line of succession.
Dent: Well, it's going to take a while before Muslim will have any shot at the Presidency anyway.
Barack: Sir, I'm a Christian.
Dent: Barack, for the thousand time, you don't need to pretend in front of me.
Barack: But I'm really a Christian.
Dent: Yes, and your middle name is "Horace", not "Hussein". Getting to the point, what is your advice on the pressing matter?
Wargrave: Send her back.
Bumpers: Let the court handle the matter.
Barack: Give her an asylum.
Dent: Congratulations, Dale, you won a title of Moderate Hero of the Week.
Bumpers: As your Attorney General, it's my job to follow the law.
Dent: Yes, of course. You're just another neutral public servant. Give me a break, Dale.
Wargrave: What to discuss anyway? Just send her back. Problem solved.
Barack: Mr. President, since she's facing a very likely execution if handed over, you'll be responsible for her death.
Wargrave: And who gives a s**t?
Barack: Well, you already proved your total disregard for human life, Voltage Larry.
Wargrave: I was enforcing law of the great state of Florida.
Barack: This is bulls**t. You have imposed death over jury recommendations like ten times.
Wargrave: Twelve.
Barack: That's what I'm talking about.
Wargrave: Meh.
Barack: Seriously, have you no heart?
Dent: Give him a break, Barack. He's from Jacksonville.
Bumpers: Gentlemen, this is not a death penalty debate! The issue is whether to deport a person that illegally came to this country.
Barack: To face an axe.
Dent: Saudis use swords to decapitate people, ftr.
Barack: My point stands. Mr. President, do you really need to be responsible for another Sue Bell Cooter?
Dent: You don't need to pull this one.
Barack: There are moral absolutes.
Dent: For the love of God. You really want me to throw away everything we've accomplished in the Middle East in last three years? Don't you have any imagination? Can't you see a bigger picture? What's the greater danger here? Death of some spoiled girl or our position in the crucial region?
Barack: As I recall, Sue Bell Cooter's execution was also a lesser evil.
Dent: And I tell you openly that if I have to, I'd do it again.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2666 on: December 24, 2011, 09:46:36 am »
Ignore

December 26, 1995

On the second day of Christmas 1995, President Dent secretly travels all the way to Wyoming to meet with the former Speaker and Acting President Dick Cheney, whose ambitions to take over the House again are not secret.

While the meeting wasn't known for another couple of months, despite their frequent policy disagreements over the years, Dent and Cheney forget an unlikely alliance.

December 28, 1995

Speaker Gingrich receives a late and unwanted gift, when learns that Cheney supporters on the Hill were able to get enough signature to force an open floor vote for Speaker ASAP. Gingrich is not concerned, knowing that Cheney partisans doesn't have enough votes to control the conference, much less floor. However, he want to get over with this nonsense and calls a vote for December 30.

December 29, 1995

A day before vote, an unlikely Dent-Cheney duo becomes even more bizarre trio, when a frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination, Senator Evangeline LaMott of South Carolina, publicly denounce Gingrich as the "worst Speaker in the nation's history". As much as I want to bring end to the Liberal administration, Mr. Gingrich behavior of violating the constitutional order by even refusing to exchange thoughs with an executive branch, is unmeetable. It's a bad precedent for the country, Congress and future President, whether Republican of Democrats. When Mr. Cheney was a Speaker, he proved to be a principled conservative and effective spokesman for the legislative branch at one time. Mr. Gigrich is just a joke.

December 30, 1995

Newt Gingrich watched in disbelief as Cheney supporters were joined by almost entire Democratic caucus, that decided to not run it's candidate, thus, forcing him out of office. Minutes later, Dick Cheney is sworn-in as Speaker again.

January 4, 1996

Speaker Cheney, knowing he's depending, at least for some time, on the Democratic organizational support, makes good of his part of the deal with President Dent by allowing a quick vote on (already passed by the Senate) Welfare Reform Act of 1995 and Intelligence Reform Act of 1995. While Cheney and most of the Republican caucus voted against welfare bill, welfare reform had enough voted to safely pass, while Intelligence Act passed with bipartisan support.

Also, according to the bill, Cheney promised to give a quick consideration to two next, and probably final, major Dent's projects, few people know details of.

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: December 24, 2011, 11:37:38 am »
Ignore

CNN BREAKING NEWS:
VANCOUVER TO BE ADMITTED AS STATE FOLLOWING TRILATERAL TALKS WITH US GOVERNMENT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, AND VANCOUVERITE OFFICIALS.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2668 on: December 24, 2011, 12:15:58 pm »
Ignore

CNN BREAKING NEWS:
VANCOUVER TO BE ADMITTED AS STATE FOLLOWING TRILATERAL TALKS WITH US GOVERNMENT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, AND VANCOUVERITE OFFICIALS.

In order to win bipartisan support for Vancouver admission to the Union, Guam and Northern Mariana Islands, dominated by local Republican Party, will be combined and admitted to the Union, as the State of Mariana.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2669 on: December 24, 2011, 07:02:18 pm »
Ignore

TEEN GETS CHAIR
Gadsgen Time, October 17, 1982

MOBILE - Trail judge sentenced 17-years old Sue Bell Cooter to death by electrocution, overriding jury's recommendation of life in prison.

The Judge, Samuel S. S. Spade, justified his overruling by "extreme nature of this crime" and held public defender in contempt of court for repeatedly engaging in an excessive hyperbole.

Ms. Cooter is the first juvenile sentenced to death in Alabama since death penalty was restored in 1975, as well as the first female. If executed, she'll be the first female convict put to death by state since Rhonda Belle Martin in 1958, as well as the first juvenile female offender executed in the United States since 1912.

Ms. Cooter was charged with murder of her stepfather with a kitchen knife just four months ago. She admitted killing him but claimed she was merely defending herself. Roland Cooter's abusive behavior toward his family was confirmed by several witnesses during the trail, but it didn't help in winning lesser sentence, as county attorney flatly rejected any deal at the beginning of trail.

State Attorney General Charlie Graddick quickly praised Judge Spade's decision, stating that
only harsh sentences for murderers can save our society from crime and violence. Meanwhile, U.S. Senator Jefferson Dent, a longtime death penalty opponent, reportedly asked outgoing Governor Fob James to pardon Ms. Cooter before he'll leave office in January.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2670 on: December 25, 2011, 12:42:06 pm »
Ignore

During his five years in the United States Senate, Paul Wellstone has been a tireless champion for working families and progressive values, both in Minnesota and national politics.

Now Minnesota faces a dramatic question: do we want to retain our progressive voice in Washington, or do we want to replace him with a man who's a sworn enemy of the unions, who wants to slash our welfare and reinstate the death penalty.

Fred Kraeger will be just another Dent drone in D.C. He's bad for Duluth, bad for Minnesota, bad for America

Concerned Minnesotans Committee is responsible for the content of this advertisement. The following ad was not authorized by any candidate or political party.

Ready For Hoover '28!
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -8.26

View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: December 26, 2011, 01:12:26 am »
Ignore

Hello this is Fred Kraeger and I endorse this ad:

"A sworn enemy of unions."

"reinstate the death penalty"

"Slash our welfare"

A video of Fred Kraeger watching a tv with the infamous "Concerned Minnesota Committee".
He turns towards the tv and addresses the audience.

Kraeger: Hello my name is Fred Kraeger and I want the opportunity to represent the people of Minnesota.  And I also want to set the record straight for the people who have heard this ad by the so-called "Concerned Minnesota Committee" who as far as I'm concerned are nothing more than a pack of excessively dishonest liars.
In fact, it wouldn't surprise me one bit of the source trail goes back to the dishonest hack known as Paul Wellstone, the real enemy of the working class.

In regards to being a "sworn" enemy of unions I heartily protest.  I've never proclaimed myself the enemy of anybody besides those who seek to abuse this system of government for their own aims.  Like any member of the Democratic Farmer Labor Party I am a staunch supporter of labor rights and will fight for them in Congress.
"Slashing welfare"?  I rather think of the reform we are trying to get done in this nation as saving a generation of people from abject poverty and over-reliance on the government dole.  Senator Wellstone, through his cronies in the CMC, want you to believe that I am the enemy.  The truth is he's the real enemy.  He wants to keep millions of Americans indebted to an overbloated federal bureaucracy for generations instead of helping them get back on their feet and get necessary job training to better themselves and their families.  I want those people out of poverty.  I don't want them to have to live entire lives off of the government dole.  I want them to be successful, I want them to be prosperous.  Paul Wellstone wants to keep them down in poverty to sate his hackish ego.
I have always been against the death penalty.  Always have been always will.  The people who say I would reinstate it are liars of the highest degree.  Big fat stinking liars who wouldn't know the truth if it hit them in the face.  I've been to two dozen anti-death penalty rallies throughout my life.  When D'Israeli brought back the death penalty I marched on Washington in protest of it.  As Mayor of Duluth I proposed a resolution condemning the practice of the death penalty in April of 1994.  In fact, I've made staunch opposition to the death penalty a centerpiece of my social policy in my run for US Senator.
These people are desperate to prevent real change and are willing to say anything to retain a corrupt status quo.  A status quo that requires radical change.  Radical change only real politicians can deliver.  If you want a real US Senator in office then elect Fred Kraeger, not Paul Wellstone.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2672 on: December 26, 2011, 05:52:58 pm »
Ignore

Original Sin
Angry Progressive, January 1996

It has been four years ago to a day an abused teen-turned death row's perhaps most unlikely resident, took, with a sad resignation, her last walk to a gloomy chamber at Holman Prison, nicknamed by the guard and fellow inmates alike, Alabama Fried Convicts.

The switch was thrown. An ancient ritual of human sacrifice, disgusted in modern(?) form, was completed. Sue Bell Cooter was dead, but the story was just beginning.

By sending an innocent girl to the electric chair, Governor Jefferson Dent, a lifelong death penalty opponent who, ironically, protested her conviction while still U.S. Senator, literally dodged a fatal bullet himself, disarming Clinton campaign, that was hitting him hard at law and order issue, at the very point, he was most vulnerable.

We know rest of the story: a landslide of proportions not seen since Richard Nixon reelection, followed by a three years of sweeping and much-needed progressive reforms, which is making Dent the most accomplished President since LBJ's Great Society, albeit without Vietnam-like baggage: a President who get America moving again, straight to the new millennium.

Yet, it's hard for many Progressives to celebrate this as we theoretically should, when we realize it was all built on a coldblooded killing for purely political reasons. An original sin that simply cannot be washed away, regardless of all other factors. Poor Sue Bell Cooter will be a permanent stain on Dent legacy and an enduring symbol of what's wrong with bloodthirsty American politics, where you need to be ready to betray everything that was dear to you in order to accomplish, perhaps, something good.

We shall remember this and we don't need Rob Reiner's s**ty movie to understand.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2673 on: December 26, 2011, 07:24:46 pm »
Ignore

I'm attempting at complete voting history (part 1)

Italicized text indicates a write-in vote.

President/Vice President

1956: Dwight D. Eisenhower/Richard M. Nixon (R)
1960: Richard M. Nixon/Henry C. Lodge, Jr. (R)
1964: Lyndon B. Johnson/Hubert H. Humphrey (D)
1968: Richard M. Nixon/Spiro T. Agnew (R)
1972: George S. McGovern/R. Sargent Shriver (D)
1976: James E. Carter/Walter F. Mondale (D)
1980: James E. Carter/Gaylor A. Nelson (D)
1984: Walter F. Mondale/Ricardo Barnes (D)
1988: Jefferson C. Dent, IV/Scott W. Westman (D)
1992: Jefferson C. Dent, IV/Benjamin A. Roberts (D)

Governor

1958: John M. Patterson (D)
1962: James E. Folsom, Sr. (D)
1966: James D. Martin (R)
1970: John Cashin (AND)
1974: James E. Folsom, Sr. (D) 
1978: Forrest H. James (D)
1982: George C. Wallace (D)
1986: William J. Baxley (D)
1990: Jefferson C. Dent, IV (D)
1994: James E. Folsom, Jr. (D)

Lieutenant Governor

1958: James H. Jones (R)
1962: Ryan DeGraffenried (D)
1966: Albert P. Brewer (D)
1970: Isaiah Hayes (AND)
1974: Jere L. Beasley (D)
1978: George D. McMillan, Jr. (D)
1982: William J. Baxley (D)
1986: James E. Folsom, Jr. (D)
1990: James E. Folsom, Jr. (D)
1994: Don E. Siegelman (D)

United States Senator (Class 2)

1960: Julian Elgin (R)
1966: John J. Sparkman (D)
1972: Winton M. Blount (R)
1978: Howell C. Heflin (D)
1984: Howell C. Heflin (D)
1990: Howell C. Heflin (D)

United States Senator (Class 3)

1956: J. Lister Hill (D)
1962: J. lister Hill (D)
1968: Jefferson C. Dent, IV (R)
1974: Jefferson C. Dent, IV (D)
1980: Jefferson C. Dent, IV (D)
1986: Jefferson C. Dent, IV (D)
1992: William J. Baxley (D)

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2674 on: December 27, 2011, 09:41:55 am »
Ignore

Primaries/endorsements:

President

1956: C. Estes Kefauver (D)
1960: Nelson A. Rockefeller (R)
1964: Nelson A. Rockefeller (R)
1968: Eugene J. McCarthy (D)
1972: George S. McGovern (D)
1976: James E. Carter (D) (Nationally)
Jefferson C. Dent, IV (D) (Alabama primary)
1980: Edward M. Kennedy (D)
Jefferson C. Dent, IV (D) (Alabama primary)
1984: Walter F. Mondale (D)
1988: Jefferson C. Dent, IV (D)
1992: Jefferson C. Dent, IV (D)

Governor

1958: John M. Patterson (D)
1962: James E. Folsom, Sr. (D)
1966: James E. Folsom, Sr. (D)
1970: Albert P. Brewer (D)
1974: Gene McLain (D)
1978: Forrest H. James (D)
1982: George C. Wallace (D)
1986: William J. Baxley (D)