Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 06:42:45 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Bacon King)
| | |-+  The Never Ending Americana Story (Death certificate issued)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 118 Print
Author Topic: The Never Ending Americana Story (Death certificate issued)  (Read 94977 times)
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 02:36:05 pm »
Ignore

Guys, seriously...

1. We must see if it will work with at most 8 members

Seriously, we may later expand, we may have free place, just wait.

Less-Progressivism, More Realism
Progressive Realist
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 02:46:47 pm »
Ignore

Guys, seriously...

1. We must see if it will work with at most 8 members

Seriously, we may later expand, we may have free place, just wait.

Ok, sorry.

Ready 4 Reform.
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 02:47:06 pm »
Ignore

Adam Johnson

Born: January 15, 1951 in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Political Party: Republican Party (1969-onward)
Current Office: Governor (January 1991-Present
Previous Offices Held: Oklahoma State Representative (1986-1991)
Religion: Catholic
Education: The University of Oklahoma, Major in Business
Military Service: Served 4 years in the Air Force
Foreign Languages: Fluent in Spanish, German
Family: Wife Carolyn Johnson (b. 1953), Son Carson Johnson (b. 1977), Son Brigham Johnson (b. 1980), Daughters Allison and Amy Johnson (b. 1984)

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
-Jackie Robinson
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 02:48:25 pm »
Ignore

Ah, you young ages makes me feel like a 1960s/1970s relic Sad

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 02:50:45 pm »
Ignore

Since I'm obvious a moderator again, I guess we'd be able to start pretty soon.

Just from my side: I'd propose to take it slowly now, more to develop in the situation, develop our characters.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 04:44:09 pm »
Ignore

Are you all ready to start?

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 04:44:20 pm »
Ignore

Aye!

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 04:45:32 pm »
Ignore

Let me join, I promise not to be dumb this time!
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 06:18:02 pm »
Ignore

All right, forgive me, but we may start now.

Personally, I'd take it slowly.

Go Smiley

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 07:02:08 pm »
Ignore

April 10, 1991
Governor’s Office, Montgomery, Alabama.

Barack: And State Senator Fr... Fr...
Dent: Bobby-Joe Fretus. That’s a hillbilly name as he’s a hillbilly Republican from a hillbilly area.
Barack: Yes, Senator Fretus said during a speech in the Senate that you are soft on crime.
Dent: People are always going to complain just for the complaining sake. Is presiding over one execution in just three months not enough for a half-brain hillbilly from Huntsville? He should actually count this one for four, as it took four jolts of the electricity to complete the process.
Barack: I guess he more meant you convincing the parole board to commute the two other death sentences.
Dent: Why are the United States in general, and the South in particular, lacking an European class? When a ruler, or later due to tradition continuity, a President commuted a sentence that was not a sign of the weakness, more strength, as he was the one who could make final life-death decisions. Divine Rights. And here, we have our retarded frontier mentality, immature views on crime and punishment, lack of good traditions, etc.
Barack: And the Speaker don’t like your Phenix City Bill.
Dent: I have him scheduled later this day and in just few hours you’ll see he’ll change his mind... See, Barack, that’s quite amazing. You’ve been worried about a transition from the Senate, but, as it turned out, the Governorship is pretty much like being a Majority Leader, maybe with an exception of signing the death warrants. Talk to the certain people, try to convince certain people, stop certain people or destroy a certain people... (phone rangs) Yes?
Secretary: Governor, the Public Safety Commissioner in on line 3.
Dent: Thank you... Colonel, how can I help you?
Commissioner: Sir, the troopers have been assembled near to the State Capitol side and are ready for your order.
Dent: Thank you, Colonel. After the deadline passes, I’ll call you back to authorize the order... Ms. Helton, please tell Captain Johnson I want him in my office, thank you... I can’t believe it, Barack. She’s young, attractive, knows more words than four but still she have a hillbilly name... Oh, here you are, Captain.
Hassan: (with an obviously unhappy face expression) Sayyid, is that absolutely necessary?
Dent: Dear Hassan, not “Sayyid”, it’s “Governor”. We’re no longer in Washington.
Hassan: Governor, do I really need to use this stupid English name and wear that’s stupid uniform?
Dent: Look, you’re no longer a former Saudi special forces operative hired as my personal security detail. You’re now a Captain of the Alabama State Troopers and a head of the Governor’s detail.
Hassan: Bismillah! Speedy given citizenship is one but that’s...
Dent: This is Alabama, Hassan. But don’t worry, in next 2 years you may become, if my strategy works, a Secret Service Senior Agent, under your own name and without idiotic state trooper uniform.
Hassan: Sayy... Governor, I have sworn my undying loyalty to you, but when I think my father could see me now...
Secretary: (entering the room): Governor, the Speaker is here.
Dent: Thank you, I’ll be ready within a minute... Oh no, don't leave now, Hassan. For some uncertain reasons people look a little scared when they see you, and that what our Speaker needs now.

Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 07:50:18 pm »
Ignore

April 4th, 1991

Joe Blake was sitting in a meeting with his top advisor, James Calvin. Calvin, a hook nosed, lisping bisexual was seemingly an odd choice for the chief of staff to the large former football player, but Blake credited Jimmy with running everything from television ads to town halls to tiny details dealing with volunteers and media scheduling. Jimmy kept his chief on time. This day however was purely social. A poker game set up between a group of Democratic and Republican Senators. Blake was a strong player and enjoyed socializing and loafing around doing nothing. Calvin sat to his left while Senators Paul Simon of Illinois, Mark Hatfield of Oregon, Tom Harkin of Iowa, and Jim Jeffords of Vermont all sat around playing hands.

"Is Heinz still coming?" Blake asked through a cigar.

"He's supposed to get here after he visits some school in Merion."

Blake checked his watch anxiously.

"Well damn, how long does that take? Anyone need anything?"

"Get me a beer, will ya," Hatfield asked to no one in particular.

At that moment, the telephone rang and Calvin picked it up and spoke quietly.

"Who's that, Jimmy?"

"Joe, that was the news director at WTAE. They wanted a reaction to the death of Senator Heinz..."

"What?! What happened?!"

"He died in a helicopter crash..."

Blake sat speechless with his collegues for the moment before taking the phone.

"Everyone in the U.S. Senate who served with John Heinz could tell you about his charitable nature and his kind words for everyone. He was a man who loved his country as well as Pennsylvania. I will sorely miss him..."

Dallasfan65
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 5.68, S: -9.74

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2010, 10:42:20 pm »
Ignore

April 1st, 1991

Thad quietly slunked back in his office chair as lunch hour began to draw to a close. Unlike other Representatives, whom would lavish in the cafeteria, Thad was content to eat his homemade lunches in his office. Today, though not unlike other days, Thad was feeling especially morose. His hair was shaggy, unkept, and aloft - he was beginning to develop a distinct beard, having not shaven in several days. This was not unusual, though his esspecial sadness was - Thad was usually more jaded than anything else, but today something was amiss, and having already undid his tie and unbuttoned his shirt, it was obvious he was all too eager to go home. He polished off his turkey on wheat, finished his Jack Daniels, before opening up his draw and pulling out a letter.

"Dear Thaddeus,

I am most heartened by your recent service in the Congress, despite being a newbie, you trulyu are a fresh breath of air in this body. You and Congressman Paul truly are something else, and Representatives like you make me wish to become a Republican sometimes. However, Democrats from Georgia's 7th are different than national Democrats, and I fit quite well with them, though I will always regard you as a friend. Perhaps we can co-sponsor legislation sometime."

Signed,
                                                    Larry McDonald
"

Unfortunately, Thaddeus never did get to co-sponsor legislation with Representative McDonald, for he died in a plane crash not too long after that letter, on this very day, just several years ago. A sparkle shown in Thad's eye as he reflected upon his memories of this friend, as he put the letter back into the draw and fastened up his tie. Lunch would be over soon.

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2010, 11:22:56 am »
Ignore

April 11, 1991
Ben Roberts sat back on his private plane.
Well, Me, Gore, and Biden are on this plane to go to Palo Alto to talk with Sen. Cranston about a bill, he told a reporter who had gotten on the plane.
"Hey, Barack"
"Yeah?"
"What's the bill, again?"
"The repeal of the act that Dent resigned over, remember"?
"Oh, yeah"
Suddenly, the plane begins to shake.
"Get up, get up, get, up... ", Gore thought.
Roberts and Biden thought "Oh crap".
BOOM!
Everything went black.
BREAKING: SENATORS IN PLANE CRASH.
(OOC: Nothing wrong with some drama.)

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we値l change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2010, 11:42:25 am »
Ignore

Ben Roberts wakes up in a grassy field.
"Al?"
Al, like Roberts, is hurt, but not badly
"Ben?"
Ben hears Barack's voice, he seems to be OK.
Ben sees Joe Biden, who seems to be badly hurt and is unconscious.
Ben fades back into unconsciousness.

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2010, 11:53:14 am »
Ignore

Senators Joe Biden, Al Gore, and Senate Majority Leader Ben Roberts have been in a plane crash. The Plane left Washington at 6:30 AM, and crashed in at Iowa 8:30 Eastern time. Senators Gore and Roberts are in stable condition, but Senator Biden is in critical condition. This is CNN.

Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2010, 12:04:36 pm »
Ignore

April 10, 1991

Aaron Presley has lunch with his old friend, former Senator Howard Baker in Memphis, Tennessee. The two go to the best barbecue restaurant in town, and the two engage in a conversation as they wait for their food.

Baker: So, Aaron, do you have any plans in the future?
Presley: Well, I'm planning to take Vesper on a trip to Paris for her birthday in a few days.
Baker: Heh. I meant political plans. You know, running for the Senate or Presidency?
Presley: Nothing in mind yet, Howard. I don't think Vesper really liked the idea of me being Governor that much. I mean, she always worried about my health when I was Governor. Best just to spend some time with her alone.
Baker: Well, consider it, Aaron. You'd do very well, if you were to run for the Presidency. I've heard rumors that George Bush may not be seeking a second term, so that'll give you the perect opportunity.
Presley: I wish that were so. Most Americans see me as a joke Rock Star Governor who's too conservative. I'm unelectable- nobody would want to give up their benefits, or their Social Security or Medicare.

All of a sudden, two young girls come up to Presley and Baker

Girl 1: Aaron Presley! I'm your biggest fan! Can we have your autograph?
Presley: Why certainly.

The girls present pictures of Aaron Presley and his twin brother, Elvis. Aaron signs the pictures, but has to force back the tears as he remembers Elvis. The two girls happily leave and thank Aaron Presley.

Baker: You have star power, Aaron. Remember, the Presley Brothers defined a generation, and started Rock and Roll! You not only have the old generation that grew up with your music, but you have the old generation, that still loves and appreciates old time Rock and Roll.
Presley: Those guys like me for my music, not my politics. In fact, some of my biggest fans sent me letters telling me they didn't want me to run, because they didn't want my politics to get in the way of my music. The point is moot, anyway. Vesper would never allow it. She's already worried for me as it is- God, I love her to death, but sometimes I wonder if she worries for me too much.
Baker: Well, at least consider it. I'd certainly endorse you.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 12:06:31 pm by Former Governor Aaron Presley (R-TN) »Logged

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2010, 12:21:40 pm »
Ignore

Ben wakes up in a hospital. Barack and Ted Kennedy are standing there
Ben: How's Joe?
Ted: Looks like he's gonna be okay... "Hey, Scott!"
Scott Westman comes into the room.
Ben: Hey Scott, long time no see!
Scott: Well, my old friend was in a plane crash, how could I not come.
Barack: Seems like you're gonna be OK.
Ben: Good. Hey, Larry!
Lawrence Watson comes in the room.
Lawrence: So, ol' Ben's in a plane crash, eh?
Ben: Yeah. Been watching you show on CNN: Lawrence Watson 360. (OOC: Tongue)

Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.03, S: -6.00

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2010, 12:56:20 pm »
Ignore

April 12th 1991
Bill was sitting in his office when his chief of staff walked in.
Bill: Have a seat.
Tom: What are you wearing?
Tom couldn't help but notice bill was just in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.
Bill: I decided its casual Fridays for now on, everyone is way to serious around here. I thought I'd go into the House Chamber like this today.
Tom (rolling his eyes): You know some of those snobs are gonna be angry for what your wearing.
Bill: Let them, this is the House of Representatives. You and I know the majority of our district doesn't wear a suite and tie every day. I believe I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't go in dressed like this.

Que tu Espritu me gue sin fronteras
M疽 all de las barreras
A donde t me llames
T me llevas m疽 alla de lo soado
Donde puedo estar confiado
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2010, 01:43:47 pm »
Ignore

Blake took the phone call from his office.

"Another aviation accident?! How's Ben? What about Joe Biden, my old friend... I see. I'll be down."

Blake left hurriedly for the hospital. Appearantly, they'd only let in family. So, he went to visit his Majority Leader who was stable.

"Benjamin Roberts?"

Blake came in and smiled.

"How is the old war horse today?"

hantheguitarman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2010, 01:47:25 pm »
Ignore

April 13, 1991

Aaron Presley send a care package to Ben Roberts. The package is a basket filled with all sorts of goodies, including baked goods, fruit, and some of Presley's favorite barbecue sauces. It is attached with a card that says: "Hope you are feeling better," and is signed by Aaron and Vesper Presley.

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2010, 02:46:25 pm »
Ignore

Blake took the phone call from his office.

"Another aviation accident?! How's Ben? What about Joe Biden, my old friend... I see. I'll be down."

Blake left hurriedly for the hospital. Appearantly, they'd only let in family. So, he went to visit his Majority Leader who was stable.

"Benjamin Roberts?"

Blake came in and smiled.

"How is the old war horse today?"
"I'm doing good, how are you? Probably my football career that helped me survive."

Dallasfan65
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 5.68, S: -9.74

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2010, 02:53:02 pm »
Ignore

April 13th, 1991

Though he had no gifts to send, Thad O'Connor began transcribing a letter to the injured Senate Majority Leader.

"Dear Senator Roberts,

I am most distraught by your recent plane crash. Despite our obvious differences, I shall put people before politics every single time, and I wish you a steadfast and speedy recovery. I await your reply with trepidation, as it will be indicative of your health."

Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2010, 03:13:05 pm »
Ignore

Blake's ears pricked up at the mention of football. A former center and avid fan of the game, it seemed Ben Roberts knew exactly what would make him converse freely.

"What position did you play, anyway? I used to play center. Got the hell beaten out of me. That's what us old trench guys are like though. You know, I played for Johnny Majors at Pitt."

Blake reminisced about his career a bit longer with Senator Roberts before sort of moving off of that to sports in general.

"The Pens have a strong hockey team right now. We could win the Stanley Cup this year. I dunno about the Steelers. Chuck Noll's getting up there. Pirates look good. Jim Leyland's got a good team. Barry Bonds looks like the second coming of Clemente out there sometimes. What about your teams?"

hantheguitarman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2010, 04:07:35 pm »
Ignore

OOC: Oops. Tongue Who's POTUS? It doesn't matter if he chooses or doesn't choose to run in 1992, I just wanted to have that as a rumor there to give Howard Baker a talking point.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2010, 04:11:29 pm »
Ignore

OOC: Oops. Tongue Who's POTUS? It doesn't matter if he chooses or doesn't choose to run in 1992, I just wanted to have that as a rumor there to give Howard Baker a talking point.

Isaac James (R-KS), former Tmthforu character, but now not-operated and in background, as our friend took the new one. James became President in November 1989, when TC killed his character when he got impeached (hehe, remember that, Barnes? Wink).

And as the founders of the relaunch agreed on one term limit, 1992 is non-incumbent year. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 118 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout