Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 01:16:01 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Bacon King)
| | |-+  The Never Ending Americana Story (Death certificate issued)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 118 Print
Author Topic: The Never Ending Americana Story (Death certificate issued)  (Read 95089 times)
hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2010, 04:32:57 pm »
Ignore

Blake's ears pricked up at the mention of football. A former center and avid fan of the game, it seemed Ben Roberts knew exactly what would make him converse freely.

"What position did you play, anyway? I used to play center. Got the hell beaten out of me. That's what us old trench guys are like though. You know, I played for Johnny Majors at Pitt."

Blake reminisced about his career a bit longer with Senator Roberts before sort of moving off of that to sports in general.

"The Pens have a strong hockey team right now. We could win the Stanley Cup this year. I dunno about the Steelers. Chuck Noll's getting up there. Pirates look good. Jim Leyland's got a good team. Barry Bonds looks like the second coming of Clemente out there sometimes. What about your teams?"
Clark and Matt Williams seem really good, my Giants are gonna be good. And of course, you know how good my Niners are.. Montana, Rice... Also, I play QB for Stanford, won the national title in '70. Then from 71 to 77 played for the 'niners. In 1971 beat the Dolphins in the Super Bowl.
Yeah, centers have it tough.  So nice talking with ya!

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2010, 04:33:59 pm »
Ignore

April 13th, 1991

Though he had no gifts to send, Thad O'Connor began transcribing a letter to the injured Senate Majority Leader.

"Dear Senator Roberts,

I am most distraught by your recent plane crash. Despite our obvious differences, I shall put people before politics every single time, and I wish you a steadfast and speedy recovery. I await your reply with trepidation, as it will be indicative of your health."

Dear Thad,
Thank you, and I wish you the best of luck.
Ben.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2010, 04:35:03 pm »
Ignore

April 13, 1991

Aaron Presley send a care package to Ben Roberts. The package is a basket filled with all sorts of goodies, including baked goods, fruit, and some of Presley's favorite barbecue sauces. It is attached with a card that says: "Hope you are feeling better," and is signed by Aaron and Vesper Presley.
Dear Aaron,
Thanks for the food,
Ben.
P.S. Big fan of your music.

Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2010, 07:06:51 pm »
Ignore

OOC: I don't care if he uses my name lol.

IC:

"Ah yeah, the Giants look good. You know, Joe Montana was from Monongahela, PA where I went to school for a few years. I never met the guy though. Yeah, you QBs were always the glamor boys," Blake laughed. "Well, Ben. I should probably get back. When can you get back to the poker games?"

Blake took his leave and drove home. He didn't feel like returning to work that day. The recent rash of accidents had taught him to remember who and what is really important in life.

"Joe! You're home early."

"Yeah. So, where are my boys at?"

"In school."

"Oh right, I forgot they're not so little anymore..."

Senator Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2010, 07:41:07 pm »
Ignore

April 13, 1991

Senate Chamber:

Presiding Officer: The Senator from Nevada...
Barnes: Thank you Mister President.  Mr. President, I rise today to give my most sincere prayers to Senators Biden, Gore, and Roberts.  All three of them are great members of this Senate Family, and they all have my support in this, their time of need.
*Several seconds*
However, Mr. President, the running of the country must go on. I have a bill at the desk.
Presiding Officer: The Secretary will report the title of the Bill.
Secretary: Senate Bill 890. To be entitled "The Congressional Transparency Act of 1991." A bill to eliminate all "Pork and Barrel" spending projects and "earmarks" from congressional bills, and for other purposes.
Barnes: Mr. President, the purpose of the Transparency Act is simple: it eliminates all special interest earmarks and all pork projects. It also places new, tough, restrictions on lobbyists.  Mr President, I hope this is a Bill that all sides of the Aisle can come together on and help pass.  And hopefully, it will only grow stronger as the process moves along.  Mr. President, I yield the floor.

Barnes Senate Office:

Barnes: Nancy, get me on the phone with Senator Blake, please....Joe?  Yeah, it's Ricardo. Look, Joe, I was wondering if I have your support on The Transparency Act? Yeah, the one I just introduced.

-Atlasia and all that jazz-
Senator for Atlasia At-Large
General-Secretary of the Labor Party

Senator Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2010, 08:48:47 pm »
Ignore

(Kal and I did this together, for the record)

FLASHBACK: April 8, 1991

Dent: Hello Ricardo.
Barnes: Hey, Jeff! How have you been?
Dent: Starting to discover what Alabama is again, after not living there for over 20 years, except of the campaign seasons. You?
Barnes: I'm good. It's weird being "Deputy President Pro Tem" and only having been in the Senate for two years!
Dent: I have noticed that being the Governor doesn't really differs much from being a Majority Leader.
Barnes: You've got your hands full with those Dixiecrats?
Dent: Well, they're definitively annoying, but majority is loyal, sort of. Wallace have no influence and guess who was doing the fundraisers, endorsements and all similar stuff for them? Uncle Jeff. But they're annoying.
Barnes: Ha! I think I'm about to be on Byrd's most wanted list.
Dent: Not suprising, he's dreaming about another Coast Guard Facility in West Virginia mountains.
Barnes: Ha, no doubt. I'm introducing a bill in a few days that eliminates all pork and earmarks.
Dent: To be honest, if I were still around, I'll probably kill it in committee.
Barnes: I know. Good thing you're Governor. Ha.
Dent: How do you think I managed to get re-elected three times in Alabama despite all my bagage?
Barnes: Very true.
Dent: But, on the other hand, a Coast Guard Facility in Mobile seems more justified than in Coal Miner Virginia.
Barnes: Of course. I know it'll be amended to death, but hopefully some good things will come out of it.
Dent: You know, that's an interesting thing. You were Governor much longer before me, yet I was in the Senate even more before.
Barnes: True. You were also Vice President for a month.
Dent: Ugh, I hate when someone reminds me of that.
Barnes: Did you even do anything?
Dent: Nothing, before Jimmy runs away leaving the entire mess on my head.
Barnes: Ha! Well, I'm suprised the Democrats recovered so quickly from that fiasco.
Dent: Amazingly, but Mr. Peanut almost won reelection after this. That was the smartest thing he did since his Playboy interview.
Barnes: True.
Dent: I don't know how you feel about governorship, but for now, and for me, it's not differ from being a Majority Leader. Talk to the certain people, try to convince them or to stop them. Just like in Capitol, beside living in awful place and signing the death warrants.
Barnes: Well, I quite enjoyed being Governor. I wasn't afraid to use my veto, mind you.
Dent: Funny thing happened recently.
Barnes: What?
Dent: I commuted two death sentences and a Republican hillbilly from Decatur, that's also a hillbillly name, said "he always was a goddamn hipster". Nice for him to remember, sometimes I almost don't.
Barnes: Ha! Well, he's one of what? Five Republcians in the Legislature?
Dent: More like 40, and they’re even worse than former Dixiecrats.
Barnes: Yeah, at least the Dems have a "D" beside them.
Dent: I feel responsible. After all which were the first major Republican gains in the South? Kirk in 1966, Gurney in 1968 and Dent in 1968 too. I still wonder why I stayed here until 1970.
Barnes: Well, we all have some regrets in our lives.
Dent: In general, legislature is now engaged in useless activities, such as amending the constituion, regarding a fireighter payments within Huntsville limits and passing the resolution defending the use of electric chair.
Barnes: Ha! How many amendments do that thing do you guys have? One hundred?
Dent: You’ve underestimated Alabama 1901 constitution with futher amendments. Badly underestimated.
Barnes: Really? How many is it then?
Dent: Hey, now you’re overestimating me. I don’t know any living person who read the complete document.
Barnes: Hm, good point. Remind me to read a copy the next time I have to do a fillibuster.
Dent: Why I never come up with this before?
Barnes: Well, my friend, I can't answer that.
Dent: Too much "Count of Monte Christo".
Barnes: Oh yeah, I forgot about you doing that.
Dent: Well, I’m an asshole. I haven’t asked you yet about your family.
Barnes: No problem. Everyone's good. But I'm pretty sure Margaret has her eyes on Biden's son, Beau.
Dent: Time is passing amazingly quickly. I'd say Beau was a toodler just yesterday. Surely, hard to forget when he pissed on my jacket, when I was staying with Joe after my divorce.
Barnes: Oh, God, Jeff. You do have some memories.
Dent: Some good, some I'd wish not to remember.
Barnes: Of course.
Dent: Anyway, I'll probably come to D.C. in next two weeks.
Barnes: Awesome. Is there a Governor's Conference or something?
Dent: Nah, probably privately. I'm much more a Washingtonian than anything else, after all.
Barnes: True. Well, when you're around, pay a visit to my office. I'd love to have you over!
Dent: I’d come over even if you’d hide from me in a spider hole. But I’d not invite you back. I think that place would be a cruel and unusual punishment and I don’t like to deal with the Supreme Court.
Barnes: Ha! Well, Jeff, I got to go. Hope to see you soon!
Dent: Ok, see you then.

Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2010, 09:20:10 pm »
Ignore

Another phone call? Blake mused to himself. Certainly a busy day. Taking the phone call in the den of his home, suburban Elliott in Pittsburgh, Blake held warm greetings for Barnes, who typically got to the point of the matter. Blake sighed, unable to fully commit to the bill, but not wanting to completely come out against it.

"Ricardo, the people of Pennsylvania depend on a lot of the pork projects to keep jobs here. I agree in principle that pork is not a good thing, but can we truly eliminate it? What will happen to Pittsburgh and Philadelphia's job markets if we drop the pork entirely? Why not scale it back a bit?"

Blake listened to Barnes earnestly for a few minutes and sighed.

"Well, tomorrow, I'll be back in Washington. Why don't I come by your office and we can talk about it a bit more?"

Senator Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2010, 09:30:48 pm »
Ignore

"I know where you're coming from, Joe. Look, I'm well aware that this thing won't pass in its entirety, however, I really want this to actually do some good. I'd love to talk tomorrow."

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2010, 02:47:04 pm »
Ignore

Sorry for not posting yet, I'll start tomorrow. These last 3 days have been very hectic for me as I've started school and a job at the same time. Tomorrow's somewhat free for me though, as is Saturday and Sunday.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
-Jackie Robinson
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2010, 04:46:51 pm »
Ignore

Senator Blake strode boldly through the Senate offices. He had promised to keep his appointment with Senator Barnes and he always showed up promptly. If anything one thing Blake always was good about was being on time. A bit of a compulsive streak in him, he often lost his temper when he'd be late to appointments and speeches. He ran on time like a locomotive, something his father had always instilled in him. Earl Blake had been a well respected engineer. Almost never late in nearly 50 years as an engineer. Not a bad record.

"Hello, dear," Blake said pleasantly to Barnes' receptionist.

"Hi Joe. I'll tell him you're here."

Blake smiled and winked at the girl. He didn't mind a little playful flirting. His wife Lauren was easy about that sort of thing and often kidded him about it. He was lucky to have an understanding wife. A year and a half his junior, she radiated a kind of warm, yet shy charm. Blake was immidiately shown in where Barnes was waiting for him.

"In order to get this bill passed, we need to find a way to keep certain pork projects. I propose you eliminate the language of all and substitute it with unnecessary. It may pass a little easier. Certain states are so dependant on pork for jobs. Including mine. What kind of details are you looking at for this, Ricardo?"

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2010, 05:17:07 pm »
Ignore

April 9, 1991

Byrd: Denying the Senior Senators a vital funds for their constituents is simply barbaric. Barbaric, BARBARIC!
Dent: Robert, this is not a Senate floor and you’re now barbaric to my ear.
Byrd: My heart is bleeding.
Dent: Nice to know. Mine just have a tripple by-pass.
Byrd: This traitor Barnes wants to kill West Virginia.
Dent: Yes, I’m very sorry to hear that West Virginia may not get a third Coast Guard Facility.
Byrd: This traitor must be stopped NOW!
Dent: All right, Robert. Some earmarks are an ridicolous embarrasment. But right, projects like this are going to kill the party. How would those Democrats from less friendly states keep their seats without earmarks? Now, I’m looking throught my window and I see a hospital. Who build that? George Wallace? Fob James? Very funny. No, I secured the funds, just like I did for a lot of other things. I wasn’t reelected four times because they love my beautiful eyes. So yes, we agree, that a deep reform is going to be a disaster. But why are you calling me? I’m not a Senator anymore.
Byrd: You know why.
Yes, I know, the Governor though. The annoying old man know how the right adress of the still a leader of the Democratic Party. Even if it’s a Montgomery adress.
Dent: Well, I see what I can do, Robert, but I’d advide you against starting a filibuster yet.

Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.03, S: -6.00

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2010, 09:09:13 pm »
Ignore

April 15th 1991

House Chamber

McLovin: Mr. Speaker I rise today to introduce H.R. 1070, the House version of S.B. 890, the only difference between our version and the Senate bill is that mine includes a provision to audit the federal reserve. I hope that my colleagues on both sides of the isle see the need for this bill, and vote aye on it. We cannot continue to allow special interest groups to have so much influence over this sacred chamber. For too long we have let pork barrel spending go unchecked. For too long we have let the power of the Fed go Unchecked. I yield back the balance of my sanity.

Que tu Espíritu me guíe sin fronteras
Más allá de las barreras
A donde tú me llames
Tú me llevas más alla de lo soñado
Donde puedo estar confiado
Dallasfan65
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 5.68, S: -9.74

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2010, 10:21:51 pm »
Ignore

April 15th, 1991

House Chamber

"Mister Speaker, if I may have a moment to speak on the current bill in question, H.R. 1070. While I support transparency and an audit of the Federal Reserve, I ask that we approach the rest of this issue carefully, and not with heavy-handedness. I myself have been a spending hawk for many years during my service in Congress, but I do not think this to be the issue. I am aware that under very dire circumstances, states either urban or rural could benefit from a project that would be deemed "pork." My fear is that this would throw out the baby with the bathwater, and eliminate projects of actual merit. If we can find some way to spare the diamonds in the rough, then I will reconsider my stance on this bill. "

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2010, 04:32:08 pm »
Ignore

Governor Adam Johnson slowly falls back into his new leather chair, courtesy of the state of Oklahoma. After upsetting David Walters in the Governor's race by about 500 votes, he knew he had his work cut out for him. The Assembly wouldn't be easy to get past, especially on his social issues. During his election, he made a vow to eliminate all queers from the state of Oklahoma. He also made a vow to jail any woman or doctor involved in an abortion, which would require him to skip over the federal government. He certainly has his work cut out for him...

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
-Jackie Robinson
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2010, 04:41:44 pm »
Ignore

(Ok, so before I'll be able to return with something better)

This is CNN.

Alabama State Senate had rejected, by just a two votes margin, a proposal, made by Governor Jefferson Dent (D-Mobile) to replace the electric chair with lethal injection as a sole means of executions, after it took a four jolts of the electricity to complete the most recent, February execution in Holman State Prison.

Senate Minority Leader Charlie-Fred Dufree (R-Decatur) We will never surrended to the attacks on our law and order values

Senator Magnolia-Sue Combs (D-Huntsville): The electrocution is a very clean, neat, gentle and almost painless method. I know that!.

Senator Bobby-Lee Hazen (D-Clayton): I think dis is dettereentz

Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2010, 04:58:53 pm »
Ignore

April 15th 1991

House Chamber

Bill: Mr Speaker, would the gentleman from Maine agree with an amendment to HR 1070 that would keep earmarks  on the conditions that riders are banned and an earmark must receive 2/3's majority to pass?

Más allá de las barreras
A donde tú me llames
Dallasfan65
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 5.68, S: -9.74

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2010, 05:05:36 pm »
Ignore

April 15th, 1991

"To the Gentleman from Texas, I will accept the bill if it is amended that 'earmarks' are passed as separate bills, each of which voted on its own merit, and requires a 2/3rds majority. Under those conditions, I will vote for the bill wholeheartedly."

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2010, 05:16:20 pm »
Ignore

This is CNN.

Officials in the Alabama Holman State Prison are prepearing to carry out the second execution in this year. Barring a last-minute stay, Freddie Lee Thompson (W/M/36) will be electrocuted at 12.01 AM April 20.

The Board of Parole haven't followed Governor Jefferson Dent (D), a lifelong death penalty oppoent, who already won a to commutations since taking office in January, recommendation to commute the death sentence.

Senator Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2010, 06:31:28 pm »
Ignore

Letter to Representative McLovin:

Dear Mr. McLovin,

I'm deeply pleased that you are so strongly supporting the Transparency Act.  I'll freely admit to you that your version has a much better chance of making it out of the House than mine does out of the Senate. 

I'm also quite happy with the amendments you've proposed, especially auditing the Federal Reserve.

I hope to work very closely with you over the coming months to try and get a strong bill passed.

Yours,
Ricardo Barnes

United States Senator

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2010, 07:36:37 pm »
Ignore

Dear Ricardo,

I apologize in advance for interfering, since I technically have other things to do, but I’ve spoke with a number of my old Senate friends and they’re concerned that too-far going anti-pork project is going to drag the party down, for the reasons I’ve tried to explain during our last conversation. I guess I’m not the only one who already said you that.

Of course, I agree, there are earmarks that are embarrassing, harmful, ridiculous etc. etc. In 1989, which you surely remember, Robert The Immortal wanted a second Coast Guard Facility somewhere between West Virginia dirty mountain. I denied, so he started to filibuster an internet bill without giving any public reasons. I tried to keep some sense regarding my earmarks but had I resigned from them, some hillbilly Republican would occupy the seat.

Reform? Of course, but not even in the current form. That’s my position and, as I’m afraid, not only me. Nobody would like all of us going down, so I hope you can find a reasonable compromise.

My best as always,
Jeff.

PS: Biden can still go die in a fire

Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2010, 07:52:09 pm »
Ignore

Letter to Senator Barnes:

Dear Mr. Barnes,

I am very glad that you brought this issue before the Senate, I have full confidence it will pass, though you may get some trouble from a certain senior senator from Alaska. These badly needed reforms will do a world of good for the country.

sincerely,

Bill McLovin

Más allá de las barreras
A donde tú me llames
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2010, 08:32:02 pm »
Ignore

"Senator Blake from Pennsylvania, you have two minutes."

Blake rose and took the podium. He carried with him his prepared notes. He stood casually and scratched his chin.

"Thank you, Mr. President. My fellow Senators, Senator Barnes has just brought before this body a bill that would surely make the old fashioned and conservative minded among us have a stroke. No more earmarks?... Right now, we're waiting on Governor Casey to nominate someone to take the seat of the late Senator Heinz. So, for the time being, I remain Pennsylvania's lone voice in this body. Pennsylvania is very dependant on earmark or as some call it "pork" legislation to maintain her particular ways of economic life. We can't support the bill in its entirety as it stands, but Senator Barnes and I have met to introduce the following pieces to the legislation...."

Blake read off the reductions of the bill. The tone remained the same and pork was cut substantially, but no mention was made of approval with a 2\3 majority vote, something that leading Republicans desired.

Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2010, 12:27:13 am »
Ignore

After hearing of Senator Blake's speech in the Senate, Bill made his way to the house floor.

Speaker: The gentleman from Texas is recognized for 30 seconds.

Bill: Mr. Speaker, C-Span viewers, I ask that everyone in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania stop by your local library and read this. I yield back the remainder of my time.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 12:29:04 am by Emperor JBrase »Logged

Más allá de las barreras
A donde tú me llames
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2010, 07:32:59 pm »
Ignore

April 14, 1991
A park outside Alabama State Capitol, Montgomery.

Dent: (Looking at the advertisment on the wall): Summer jobs… That’s funny, we’re still as early as in April, yet they already are advertising summer jobs. I just can’t avoid a similarity to the people, who are focusing on Christmas all the year, for one brief moment. Probably they like focusing more than the actual Christmas... Hm, what do we have here? Car washing, grass cutting, usual stuff.
Barack: I was cutting grass as well.
Dent: My summer jobs were far more interesting than these common practicies. I made a half of the Law Doctors in my group at Yale.
Barack: Excuse me, what?
Dent: By writing their thesis for them, of course. I know that’s highly unethical to destroy our higher education system, but I was young too. The best was, of course, writing a thesis on the constitutional law. Doesn’t mean I’m a good lawyer anyway (to himself): Indeed, I was a horrible criminal defense lawyer. It’s been... almost a thirty years ago, but I never visited his grave… And I doubt I could.
Barack: Sir?
Dent: Nothing. Well, of course I didn’t had this kind of summer jobs in earlier years, but still, they were actually interesting, like in the Mobile Port Shop. Can you imagine meeting all over again the people all around the world? Mobile is the only place in this hillbilly hellhole I can actually like. One of the oldest and still most active port cities in the Mexico Gulf. Old and interesting history, dating back from the times of French Louisiana. It could be our window to the world, somethime far beyond just a port, where ships are getting loaded or unloaded. Only chance to open us finally, a window that would bring a fresh air to the entire state... Of course, if I do anything to move thing forward, the idiots from te rest of the state would instantly scream that I’m ignoring rular interest.
Some bystander: You asshole!
Dent: You’re welcome.
Hassan: Sayyi.. um, Governor, we can arrest this man.
Dent: If we’d arrest every person who ever said “asshole” about me, we’d have to lock the half of the United States in jails... Anyway, it’s “Majority Leadership 2.0.”, Barack. I needed to controll the Democratic Majority, now, to proceed as Governor, I need foremost to controll the legislature. Difficult, but possible.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2010, 07:48:48 pm »
Ignore

April 15, 1991
Late evening, Governor’s Office, Montgomery, Alabama.

Speaker: Governor, with all due respect I cannot say I guarrante this bill will pass.
Dent: I know and that’s the reason I asked you to come over, so we can both try to find a satysfing solution.
Speaker: There are people who oppose the bill and I can’t ignore their voice.
Dent: Out of the pure curiosity, Joe-Bob, who are these people?
Speaker: Well, I talked to Congressman Shelby…
Dent: That’s nice. Maybe the next time you’d want a new road in your district you should talk to Dick instead of me, and hear his voice again.
Speaker: Well...
Dent: Maybe we should stop for a moment so you can have your martini and, possibly, hear some other voices?
Speaker: Well, ok.
Dent: (After Speaker left the room) See, I told you it’s going to work the same fashion, Barack.
Barack: Sir, there’s an urgent phone call for you.
Dent: How urgent it’s depend who’s calling, yound padawan.
Barack: Chief of the Oakland, California Police Department.
Dent: What possibly can he want from me?
Barack: I have no idea, Governor.
Dent: So mysterious that I need to check (picking up the phone) Yes? Oakland Police? So you finally found out who left this bag of marijuana at the motel at the Fourth Street. No? So it wasn’t me, for the record. Yes, I’m sitting... (a long pause) Yes, I understand. Thank you... For an identification? I’m not sure if my schedulde allows me. Yes, my secretary shall call you back as soon as tommorow. Good night… You can ask the Speaker to come back, Barack.
Barack: Identification? Did something happ...
Dent: Nothing that should concern you.  
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 08:36:57 pm by Kalwejt for Senate »Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 118 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout