Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2014, 12:58:22 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Bacon King)
| | |-+  The Never Ending Americana Story (Death certificate issued)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 118 Print
Author Topic: The Never Ending Americana Story (Death certificate issued)  (Read 95112 times)
Abdul the Reformer
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2010, 08:36:28 pm »
Ignore

April 16, 1991

This is CNN.

Oakland Police Department announced that the body, discovered yesterday in Downtown belonged to a 18-year old Victoria Dent, an estranged daughter of the 1988 Democratic presidential nominee and the current Governor of Alabama Jefferson Dent.

Cause of death is yet to be determined, but the sourced inside Police Department said, the most likely cause is a drug overdose.

The Governor's Office had declined a comment.

Dallasfan65
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 5.68, S: -9.74

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2010, 09:30:13 pm »
Ignore

April 16th, 1991

The peaceful silence of dusk was broken as a phone rang in an Arizona ranch. The old weary voice of a veteran statesman addressed the caller.

Goldwater: Hello?
Thad: Barry, you may not know of me, but I am Representative Thad O'Connor of Maine. I've been a life long Republican, and cast my vote for you, several decades ago.
Goldwater: Know of you! Yes, I've heard of you before. A good Republican, much better than the current brand we've got.
Thad: I was curious if, were I to run for higher office, would I be able to count on an endorsement from you?
Goldwater: Hell yes you would! What office would that be?
Thad: Well, I would like to run for Governor.
Goldwater: You can count on it! Speaking of Governors, have you heard about Dent's daughter?
Thad: Yes, I have. I ought to write him my condolences.
Goldwater: Hell no! I wouldn't be surprised if he were behind it himself, the bastard! He was worse than Nixon!
Thad: That may not be the case. In any event, I ought to be going. Thank you, Senator.

Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2010, 09:32:47 pm »
Ignore

Blake is sitting around watching television with Jim Calvin and a few other personal friends.

Calvin: Put on CNN. See how the pork bill's doing.

Blake uses the remote and hits CNN's button. The only news on happens to be the death of Dent's teenaged daughter.

Blake: Boy, I'll tell you, there's a guy who just squeezes so tight that he lets everything slip through his fingers.

Calvin: Poor Governor Dent. I wonder what this will do to him.

Blake: More than likely, he won't react publicly. He's an old hand. He knows better than to get bogged down in public. Privately, it's anyone's guess. I have never really known him intimately except that he's the sort of man that doesn't let things out in the open like that...

Abdul the Reformer
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2010, 08:23:39 am »
Ignore

April 17, 1991
Governor’s Office, Montgomery, Alabama.

Barack: Good morning, Representative.
State Representative Charles Duffly (D-Mobile): Um, hi, Barack. How is the Governor?
Barack: Sober.
Duffly: Um, that’s so bad.
Barack: Yes, so better take it as a strictly professional meeting.
Duffly: Ok, thanks for an advanced note (after entering the office): Governor.
Dent: Thank you for coming, Representative, please have a seat. Anything to drink?
Duffly: No thanks, sir.
Dent: Well, we both know the opportunities our home city present and we both realize that the successive administrations failed to take an advantage from these opportunities. First the big mules, who cared about their narrow rural interests, George never really governed the state, being constantly out for campaign trail etc. etc.
Duffly: Governor, of course there is going to be a lot of legislature members who will oppose your Mobile plan. They would scream you’re favoring one city.
Dent: Of course they will. But just because they’re failling to see a reality. Mobile can be our St. Petersburg.
Duffly: Like in Florida?
Dent: No, like in Russia. Building a window on the world was a key part of the Peter the Great’s plans to modernize Russia and it succeeded. Mobile can be our window, to bring a modernity and w fresh air. After all it’s very important port in Mexican Gulf, old city with wonderful long history, but still just a port. People may not understand my plan, may scream that I’m favoring urban interests above rural, but in fact having a dynamic window on the world like Mobile may become, all the fresh air it would bring, is going to benefit the entire state. Without this, we’ll be just the same. Thus, Charlie, I don’t care how much they would scream as long as I can get the legislature to approve and I will.
Duffly: Well, I naturally hope, sir, but it may be difficult.
Dent: It will be and I fully realize that, Representative. But since I was controlling the United States Senate majority, I think I can manage to control the legislature as well.
Duffly: To be honest, sir, many of the are really angry after you ordered the Confederate flag to be removed from state capitol.
Dent: I haven’t forget that. You want to know how did I managed to keep my seat and my positions torought the years?
Duffly: How?
Dent: Because I took every challenge, no matter what, deadly seriously, as a matter of my life and death. This, plus not getting bothered with irrelevant, out of the politics problems, is the path. Anyway, since you’re a Mobile Representative, you shall play a key role in the project. We’ll stay in contact.
Duffly: Thank you for the invitation, Governor. I’ll do my best.
(after leaving the room): Barack, I love his ideas, but, um, you know what?
Barack: What?
Dullfly: He’s gly scaring.
Barack: I know.

Abdul the Reformer
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2010, 04:19:59 pm »
Ignore

April 17, 1991

Dear Senator Blake,

I was very happy to hear that, finally, there is a Senator who had a courage to not fall into anti-pork hysteria and defend the importance of some earmarks for the local economy.

Of course, some earmarks are embarrassing and absurdly, just like most of the Robert The Immortal Project (I remember having a great pain in the neck with him from time to time), yet I see we both can agree that it's elimination would have disastrous effect.

Personally, I'd advise a cautiously toward some compromises with the Republican. From my own four-terms experience I can say that if give them a hand, they'd cut off the entire arm.

My best regards,
Jefferson Dent.

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2010, 04:40:20 pm »
Ignore

A bill is introduced on the Oklahoma Senate floor that would require residents who fall under the "obese" category to pay a 25%  tax on all food items.

This is a great bill that will encourage Oklahomans to loose weight. It's unacceptable that we have such a high obesity rate.

(Governor Johnson privately admits later that he is willing to negotiate on bringing down the %)

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
-Jackie Robinson
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2010, 05:06:59 pm »
Ignore

All morning, Joe Blake had been anxious. He had seen the introduction of a bill in Oklahoma to put a 25% tax on all food items. Blake looked down at his ample gut and mused that if he had been thinner, he may never have gone to the Senate. His weight was well distributed over a taller than six foot frame, but as with an offensive lineman, he always had been a bit paunchy. No matter. If it went to that, he just wouldn't buy food in Oklahoma. Among the least wealthy members of congress, ahead only of Joe Biden, his earned income was still high, no question, but compared to the millionaires like Kennedy, he was a pauper. Didn't much bother him. His modest home in Elliott was good enough for him. He actually had planned to write a book. A history of American locomotives. His father, a tough railroader had inspired an interest in him and Blake had constructed a large model railroad in his attic. He had just never gotten around to it. He opened a letter from Governor Dent and decided to respond personally to it.

Dear Governor Dent,
I want to thank you for the letter. Yes, it is true, many in the Senate and House are whipped up in taking extreme side on the issues of pork. We both know that while pork barrel spending has gotten out of control, there is still a strog need for good pork to create jobs in markets all around the country. The benefits far outweigh the problems. Hopefully, you will continue to provide great services to the constituents of your state as well as this country.

Yours respectfully,
Senator Joseph C. Blake

Blake had considered adding condolences on his daughter's death, but didn't know how Dent would take it. So, he decided it was best just to stick with business.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 08:17:55 pm by Dr. Cynic »Logged

Abdul the Reformer
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2010, 05:27:50 pm »
Ignore

April 19, 1991

Dent: (on the phone): Good day, Warden.
Holman Prison Warden: Good day, Governor. Yes, we’re prepeared to carry on an incoming execution as scheduled.
Dent: Well, since I’m running out of the possibility to grant a stay, barring the last minute intervention from the Supreme Court, you’re clear to proceed.
Warden: Excellent, we don’t except any problems like we experienced last time.
Dent: I really hope so, Warden. Four jolts of the electricity to complete is rather embarrassing for the states.
Warden: I agree, Governor, but I assure you, unlike those folks down in Florida, we know how to operate the electric chair in a proper fashion.
Dent: I’m glad to hear this, Warden. Have a good day.
Secretary: Governor, Senator Kennedy is on the line three.
Dent: Thank you, Ms. Helton... Good day, Ted.
Kennedy: Jeff, how, for the love of God, could this happen?
Dent: I also think this anti-pork bill is a very sophisticated way to committ a suicide.
Kennedy: Jesus, Jeff. I’m not talking about this. Are you all absolutely sure? Is there any way this may be a mistake?
Dent: Mistake? What mistake? I told you, when you were skeptical, I will defeat this redneck retard Hunt in landslide and I was right.
Kennedy: You idiot.
Dent: Who?
Kennedy: You. I told you thousands of times to forgive her, but you was a deaf fool, and now look, what have you done!
Dent: Ted, forgive me, please, if this is going to appear rude, but why do you care?
Kennedy: Yes, you’re going insane.   
Dent: You told me that two years ago, but would the insane person push a Universal Health Care torought the Congress? My working abilities remains the same.
Kennedy: Work, work and work, again? Look around you for a moment.
Dent: Ted, why you don’t want to focus on the actual issues?
Kennedy: Oh Jeff, I’m impressed with your state of denial. Best proof that it was a huge blow for you. Yes, you screwed up and you know that very well. You know what a normal person would do now? Work to never screw up that badly again and to save what’s left.
Dent: Ted, I’m quite busy so maybe you should cut off this preteen drama.
Kennedy: You better realize it all now before you’ll destroy everything.
Dent: Sorry, my biggest concern right now is whether the condemded’s head would start burning or not for tomorrow Holman Prison Barbeque.
Kennedy: You know what? Go screw yourself. You’re a jackass who deserved all what happened to him.
Dent: You’re welcome. How is Mary Jo, by the way?
Kennedy: How is that revelant to the fact, you screwed up and your daughter, a girl that was everything for you, is dead?
Dent: Is as revelant as you obviously lacks a basis to judge my actions. Please call back, when you’ll grown up beyond preteen drama queen role. Bye... What a rude jackass.
The Governor then opened a reply from Senator Blake.

Dear Governor Dent,
I want to thank you for the letter. Yes, it is true, many in the Senate and House are whipped up in taking extreme side on the issues of pork. We both know that while pork barrel spending has gotten out of control, there is still a strog need for good pork to create jobs i markets all around the country. The benefits far outweigh the problems. Hopefully, you will continue to provide great services to the constituents of your state as well as this country.

Yours respectfully,
Senator Joesph C. Blake

Now, that’s a reasonable person, Dent thought. No pretty drama, addressing the issue. Why such people are so rare bread? Thousands time more valuable than old drama queens.

Abdul the Reformer
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2010, 05:46:10 pm »
Ignore

April 20, 1991, 12.01 AM

Dent: (on the phone) Warden, can you hear me?
Warden: Yes, Governor, I can hear you very well. All is proceeding according to the plan. The inmate has been already strapped in the chair and we have no words from the Supreme Courts.
Dent: I understand, Warden. Proceed as scheduled.

Five minutes later.

Warden: Governor, um, can you hear me?
Dent: Yes.
Warden: Sir, we have kind of problem.
Dent: Again?
Warden: Um... the first jolt failed to carry out the sentence.
Dent: Oh really? Are you still sure you know to how to operate the chair and this is not Florida?
Warden: It’ll took five minutes to prepare the generator to another jolt, but the prisoner’s attorney is asking you grant an extraordinary stay based on that is a cru... cru...
Dent: Cruel and unusual punishment. I’m familiar with the term, Warden, and I absolutely agree. Abort the execution and better be prepeared for a crack jokes about your electric skills in tomorrow press. Good night.
What a retard, the Governor thought. Is going to work properly?
Dent recalled for a moment this day in 1958, when he somehow managed to leave a witness seats in state executions chamber, then located at now defcunt, Kilby Prison, without vomiting before entering the fresh air.
Dent: Death penalty is a true s**t.

Abdul the Reformer
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2010, 06:03:06 pm »
Ignore

April 20, 1991
State Capitol Press Room, Montgomery, Alabama.

Press: Governor, in a light of failed and aborted by you today execution, are you going to ask the legislature for some changes again?
Dent: I believe you all are familiar with my longtime and negative stance on the death penalty. Unfortunately, under the new laws, my powers to commute the sentences were greatly limited. Thus all I can do at the present moment is indeed ask the legislature to institute some changes. After today I doubt any sane person can still think that electrocution is an acceptable and effective method of the executions and that’s not only Florida problem, as some wanted to believe. I don’t understand how we can accept, as a state, the contemporary equivalent of the burning at stake.
Press: Governor, are you going to address publicly the investigated death of your daughter.
Dent: I’m going to talk about the issues of the state of Alabama and nothing else.
Press: Sir, State Senator Frankie Dullard of Decatur said today, that Alabama should adopt a similar 25% tax for the obese people like they imposed in Oklahoma?
Dent: I find such initiatives to be not only heartless, but also simply stupid. Governor of Oklahoma may not know, and I’m not going to blame him for that, maybe rather a poor education system he’s an obvious victim of, that obesity is a very complex issue and the sources are not only eating too much. It can be caused by other disease, such as diabetes, also a problems with slow metabolism. And even if it is caused by ovating, such people needs a professional help to overcome, not tax that won’t stop them. You can’t prevent addictions by a cold legal terms. I want to make it clear now. If, by the some fluke of the Allah, such project is passed by the Alabama Legislature, where people are obviously better educated than their Oklahoma colleagues, it will be vetoed at instance. There are levels of acceptable idiotism. Thank you all.

Dallasfan65
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 5.68, S: -9.74

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2010, 09:23:12 pm »
Ignore

April 20th, 1991

Message from the Office of Representative Thad O'Connor

Representative Thad O'Connor condemns the efforts to add an 'obesity' tax, by virtue that overweight individuals have a right to make that lifestyle choice, or alternatively have wound up there due to medical conditions. Accordingly, Rep. Thad endorses any efforts to stop this bill in Oklahoma.

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2010, 09:31:43 pm »
Ignore

Senator Roberts is released from the hospital.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2010, 09:33:54 pm »
Ignore

April 23, 1991

After a week in Paris with his wife, Vesper Lynd Presley, Aaron and Vesper have returned to their mansion in Memphis, Tennessee.

Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.03, S: -6.00

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2010, 10:32:58 pm »
Ignore

In concurrence with Representative O'Connor, Rep. McLovin releases to the press a condemnation of Oklahoma's new fascist law.

Que tu Espíritu me guíe sin fronteras
Más allá de las barreras
A donde tú me llames
Tú me llevas más alla de lo soñado
Donde puedo estar confiado
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2010, 11:14:38 pm »
Ignore

Blake watched bemusedly as Republicans came out against the obesity tax. He wondered if he should come out against it too. Republicans could accuse him of thunder stealing on the issue. He met with Calvin and a few other close advisors who tended to advise him against coming out against it. With the pork bill fight coming, they advised him to save his energy and not overexpose himself with several media appearances. Blake decided to turn them down and went ahead with an appearance on Meet The Press. The appearance by all accounts went well. The next day, he read articles both for and against him. Some praising his stand, others accusing him of thunder stealing. Through it all, he cheerfully would entertain friends and the public.

Early that weekend, he was working in the attic with Lauren and youngest son, Jamie, on the large model railroad layout they had. As he was setting up track, he felt a sharp pain in his chest and shortness of breath. His sight and hearing felt impaired and the usually cool Senator began to sweat. He stopped working immidiately and collapsed into a chair clutching his chest.

"Daddy?" His youngest son questioned.

Lauren Blake turned to see her husbund of 17 years slumped over and she immidiately screamed.

"Oh my god! I'm calling an ambulence!"

Dashing out of the room, Lauren Blake ushered the youngest child out of the attic while calling the paramedics. Quickly, help arrived and Joe Blake was stretchered out of the house to Mercy Hospital. Lauren followed behind soon after, leaving Jamie in the care of their neighbors. Waiting anxiously for a doctor to finally tell her something, she got the news.

"Your husbund's had a mild heart attack. Stress and schedule as well as his size have damaged his heart. He's serious, but stable..."

THIS IS CNN
"Senator Joseph Blake is in Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh right now, the victim of an appearant mild heart attack. More updates as they occur."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 11:17:12 pm by Dr. Cynic »Logged

Abdul the Reformer
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2010, 08:34:09 am »
Ignore

This is CNN.

Alabama Governor Jefferson Dent (D) announced that he's intending to fill a lawsuit to the United States Supreme Court against new Oklahoma's Anti-Obesity Bill, he deemed as unconstitutional. Details will come later.

Dent already won one Supreme Court case back in 1987, as a Senator, when the Court declared mandatory federal death penalty law for "possessing and selling foreign drugs", that was introduced by President Beauregard D'Israeli unconstitutional (Dent v. D'Israeli).

Being asked about some press attacks on Senator Joseph Blake (D-PA), who recently suffered a mild heart attack, the Governor, who's still considered an effective Democratic Party leader, said: The issues are not an exclusive property of any certain political group or party, also adding: I'm very confident that Senator Blake is going to return very soon and continue to be a major force for common sense in the Senate (Dent himself suffered almost-fatal heart attack back in 1989, in a middle of Universal Health Care Act works).

This is CNN. 

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2010, 08:54:50 am »
Ignore

Roberts sends Blake his condolences.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2010, 01:29:38 pm »
Ignore

Several hours after his heart attack, Blake was allowed visitors. His wife and children and his elderly parents all visited him. Always happy to be with his family, Blake's spirits rose considerably.

"Well, Lauren, we knew this would happen sooner or later," Blake said half-jokingly. "At least it was only a little one."

"That's not funny, Joe."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Was it the negative press you were getting that bothered you?"

"No. I never mind that. I got good press too. It's not a simple as all of that."

"Dent and Roberts send thier best wishes."

"That's good of them."

"Dent's planning a lawsuit against Oklahoma..."

"He's going to need some help. Call Jimmy Calvin and have him get our lawyer, Blaine Marcus on the phone. Marcus is a damn good trial lawyer. Put him in touch with Dent and have him give Dent all the help he can."

Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2010, 01:33:47 pm »
Ignore

Aaron Presley sends Senator Joseph Blake a care package. This one is filled with teddy bears, fruit, and baked goods. He sends a card saying: "Get well soon" signed by Aaron and Vesper Presley.

Next, Aaron Presley issues a public statement, decrying the Oklahoma Anti-Obesity Bill.

Abdul the Reformer
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2010, 02:19:28 pm »
Ignore

April 22, 1991

Legislative Aide: I'm sorry, Governor, but the proposal to replace electrocution with a lethal injection once again died in a Senate Judiciary Committee.
Dent: All right, Bob, I've already noticed, some years ago, how stupid people can be. Well, I tried. Since it's impossible to abolish capital punishment einteirly, I really tried to replace a contemporary stake, to return a sole power of commutation to the Governor's office, so I could annoys redneck opinion by giving those commutations. All right, I failed.
Aide: And the Supreme Court nullified your death warrant.
Dent: Awesome. Looks like our lousy friends from Atmore will be given yet next opportunity to take electric classes. Meanwhile, I have better things to do.

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2010, 03:16:57 pm »
Ignore

After intense debate and discussion with leading Democrats, both parties leave the chamber with a stressed look on their face. When asked to comment, leaders from both sides only said that "an agreement has been reached" but wouldn't be going over the details until the next day.

While I'm not totally satisfied with our compromised bill, I still think our watered-down version will benefit the people of Oklahoma, and I hope other states around the nation will consider taking action similar to what we are about to take.
- Governor Adam Johnson

-Jackie Robinson
hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2010, 04:11:00 pm »
Ignore

Sen. Ben Roberts visits Senator Biden in the hospital. He is now in stable condition.

Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2010, 04:18:50 pm »
Ignore

After Senator Blake had finished sending a note to the Presley's thanking them for their generous gift, he looked over the presents fitfully. The baked goods looked quite appetizing to him, especially the homemade cookies. Blake took one and began eating, but Lauren quickly grabbed them away.

"You JUST had a heart attack! You don't need to eat this!"

"But... Those are good! And I'm hungry..."

Lauren got into the basket and tossed him an apple telling him to eat it. Doing so with a wry look on his face, he read over the Pittsburgh Press for more news. Looked like Governor Johnson in Oklahoma had come up with a modified bill. Didn't matter to him. There were plenty of ways to raise revenue and discourage unhealthy lifestyles? Why not hit the smokers and drinkers with the same tax? Even tobacco taxes weren't that high and the liquor tax was barely nill. You just paid regular sales tax on it. Blake thought it unfair and made every effort to put his position out there. Blake too, worried about Governor Bob Casey. Would Casey be susceptible to Johnson's platform, moreso now with Blake in opposition? Blake had worked hard in 1978 to make sure his old boss, Pittsburgh Mayor Peter Flaherty beat Casey in the Democratic Primary for Governor. Flaherty and his running mate Allen Ertel went on to defeat Dick Thornburgh and his running mate Bill Scranton III in the general election. Casey, himself had finally won the office in 1986 that he had long sought and was freshly re-elected in 1990. However, since Blake had been so open about his favoring of Flaherty and his distrust of Casey's conservative positions (specifically abortion rights), the two men had been bitter enemies. Both men were extremely popular in Pennsylvania by this time and Blake wondered if Casey wouldn't use this platform as a way to run for the Senate against him in the primaries. There was so much to go over and he was still, for all his efforts to appear fine, quite ill. This would have to wait until morning.

The next day, his children, Brian, Owen, and Jamie all came to see him. Never in brighter spirits, he always knew how to make his children laugh. No more thoughts of politics came when his family was with him. Unlike so many Washingtonian families, the Blakes were a normal group. Brian, the eldest, a 13 year old who loved books and the piano. Owen, 10, who loved art, the most like his mother who drew sketches in her spare time. Jamie, 6, who loved sports and football most of all, was his father's son. All the children were remarkably intelligent and social for their ages. Joe Blake loved his children, even if they sometimes were mischevious. After they had visited and ate most of the Presley's gift basket items, Blake took to reading his daily paper. The headline hit him like a punch to the stomach.

GOVERNOR CASEY TO SUPPORT ANTI-OBESITY BILL FOR PENNSYLVANIA.
SAYS SENATOR BLAKE'S HEART ATTACK SHOULD BE 'WAKE UP CALL'

"I'll be damned," Blake said. "That son of a bitch Casey is using me! I gotta get outta here!"

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2010, 04:31:34 pm »
Ignore

Governor Johnson heads up to a podium, where he prepares to give a statement on the modified House bill...

Good afternoon, all. I am extremely pleased and grateful that Republicans and Democrats were able to reach an agreement yesterday evening.  First off, we have removed the provision that would require a food tax to all obese Oklahomans. However, we have added several provisions it's place. First off, there will be an additional 25% tax on all tobacco and alcoholic beverages. (I swear, I had this planned before your post Cynic) Secondly, we will be providing tax credits to companies that encourage healthy behaviors, as well as have healthy members. This will motivate Oklahomans to stay in shape so that they may keep their job. With that tax break, we ask businesses to consider using that money to provide bonuses to employees that have chosen a healthy lifestyle. And finally, I am pleased to introduce a new program called "Get in Shape, Oklahoma!" which will provide funding for more organic food stores as well as workout centers, green-ways, and so forth. We also hope to work with insurance companies on possibly having whether you're obese or not affect your health care costs, which will reward those who live healthy lifestyles.
Thank you all for your time. I hope other states join in with us on fighting obesity, though maybe not to the extent we originally planned for. I agree with Governor Casey of Pennsylvania that Senator Blake's recent heart attack was indeed a wake up call for America, and hopefully will show Americans the consequences of an unhealthy lifestyle.
God Bless, and good day.

-Jackie Robinson
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2010, 04:39:44 pm »
Ignore

OOC: It's alright. I had no clue how you were going with it. I just threw that part in to show his mindset.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 118 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout