Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 08:33:10 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Bacon King)
| | |-+  The Never Ending Americana Story (Death certificate issued)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 ... 118 Print
Author Topic: The Never Ending Americana Story (Death certificate issued)  (Read 95005 times)
Ready For Hoover '28!
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -8.26

View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: February 01, 2012, 04:47:06 pm »
Ignore

Fred Kraeger's Office:

Watching the TV.
Kraeger: Ain't that a bitch?
His associate Ronald Jackson looks at him.
Jackson: Yes, quite shocking.
Kraeger: Don't you get it?  She did in a fire.  A FUCKIN' FIRE!
Jackson: That sucks.  It must've been faulty wiring or something.  You know that happens all the time.  Houses burn down due to electronic failure.
Kraeger: I guess.......something just doesn't seem right about it.  It's just so ironic.
Jackson looks at him quizzicly.
Kraeger: Scott Westman, and his daughter, died in a fire as well.
Jackson: Huh.....weird.
Kraeger: Well..............glad I haven't pissed off the President.  Wellstone though........I think he would be wise to check his electric blanket before going to bed.
Jackson gives him a really concerned look.
Kraeger: I'm kidding man.  I know Jefferson Dent personally, and as messed up as he is, I don't see him as the kind of irrational person who would arrange the deaths of people who have wronged him.  Just making a joke comment about my opponent.
Jackson chuckles.
Fred, what the hell have you gotten yourself into?
I wish I knew.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2726 on: February 02, 2012, 08:32:47 pm »
Ignore

Press Conference
HW: I
WOULD
NOT
ALLOW
THIS
F***ING DENT-HOLE
TO BUILD
A F***ING SECOND F***ING CAPITAL IN MY STATE DAMMIT!

Dent: (reading a newspaper) Yes, I always knew he's mentally handicapped... Oh, excuse me, that's not polite. Correct term is really slow. I mean, we built a second capital in Wyoming as early as 1993. Took him three years to notice. And he can kiss my lilly-white butt, since it's a federal land... You think his IQ is 60 or rather 50?
Barack: I'll be moderate. 55.
Dent: You're just way too kind. Oh, by the way, guess what?
Barack: What, Mr. President?
Dent: It's swell to be alive.

their bastard sons against the wall
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: February 03, 2012, 06:24:41 am »
Ignore

Governor decides to hold a special press conference again.
HW: So I heard from some d-bag that I have an IQ about 50-60.
No.
If I had such IQ, I hadn't finished Yale with the best scores.
If I had such IQ, I hadn't met my dear Wendy and I hadn't manage to raise my dear kids.
And if I had such IQ, I would most likely joined the Alabama Democratic Party.

Dallasfan65
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 5.68, S: -9.74

View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: February 06, 2012, 07:30:26 pm »
Ignore

"Obviously, the death of Mary E. Dent is tragic. I will be saying a few prayers for her family, including the President."

- Thad O'Connor, when asked by a reporter.

Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: February 06, 2012, 07:50:49 pm »
Ignore

Mattingly: Look man, I didn't know this lady that died. I didn't often have contact with any member of the Dent family, and if I did, it often wasn't a spouse. I'm sorry that the press wants some sort of comment from me, but all I can say is that the death of any human is a tragic event, but that it happens regardless.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2730 on: February 06, 2012, 07:55:32 pm »
Ignore

(Made with Hawkeye)

Daniels: So, Mr. President, how are you doing?
Dent: Good days, bad days, Governor. Now rather bad, since Blair House is such a typical bourgeoisie household.
Daniels: Bourgeoisie? That makes you sound communist, but whatever.
Dent: Actually, I was using French point of view here, but I'm a communist indeed, if you ask an average Idaho resident.
Daniels: Same with me, with the eastern half of my state, but yeah, I kind of like a less lavish place too. I mean, I am Governor of the poor too.
Dent: Luxury is lame and pretentious. I'm not impressed with this, since I just had enough of this. After all I was born in luxury and became a millionaire at 14. Of course, it was before Nixon done away with that gold standard nonsense. And what's your background, by the way?
Daniels: Well, I grew up upper-middle class, son of a very right-wing Republican state representative, and I guess I just got interested in politics. Actually, like my father, at first I was a huge far-right Republican. During my early years, my hero was Joe McCarthy. I actually campaigned for Goldwater in 1964. I don't want to talk about 1968. It's just embarrassing. Long story short, I ran the local "College Students for George Wallace" organization. Then came Vietnam, which changed my views quite a bit, and made me very liberal. It sort of brought down the illusion of conservatism.
Dent: You can say conservative illusion can't match the reality toe to toe.
Daniels: Well, reality does have a bit of a liberal bias.
Dent: Speaking of liberalism and reality, I must confess I was really suprised to see your pretty loud endorsement for Wellstone. And I'm just curious about your reasons.
Daniels:  Well, at the time when I endorsed Wellstone, I was being an idiot and not looking at how he was voting. But now that I see what he's doing, I think I'm going to change my endorsement to Kraeger or just not endorse.
Dent: That's good, because I really wouldn't like to see you tainted by this association. You have a great future ahead of you, so there's no sense of risking it.
Daniels: Thank you. Well, I'm thinking of running as early as 2000, though that is FAR away.
Dent: It's never too far away to plan.
Daniels: Yeah, I guess so. But for now, I guess I'm focusing on my re-election. Though I think I have it in the bag.
Dent: By the way, have you always thought of political career or you had other aspirations before?
Daniels: Well, I mean, at one point I was thinking of a military career, which is why I volunteered for the Army, but Vietnam kind of turned me off of that and. It was always between army and politics, and Vietnam decided that for me, considering you can't really serve in the Army with 1 arm and 1 leg.
Dent: Amazing, I can totally relate to that. I've been a ROTC at Yale and also planned military career. Technically, I remained an officer until 1977. After Vietnam, where I lost illusions too, not to mention my left eye, I requested discharge but was denied. I was lucky to get discharge from an active duty under a condition of remaining in reserve for at least ten next years. And because I was useless for any combat or close to combat duty, and because of my law degree, I ended up in JAG. Well, they were nice enough to promote me all the way to Commander... But, after Vietnam, I haven't planned a political career, to be honest. Yes, I was somehow involved, but I wanted to be a lawyer, a Clarence Darrow-type lawyer. Sadly, it didn't work out as I wished to.  
Daniels: Of course, if I had my current political views, I wouldn't have volunteered. I joined because I wanted to fight-my actual words "those gook commie bastards." I was basically taught that the communists were mindless killing machines. Of course, we were the ones who were being taught to be mindless killing machines. Also, Vietnam changed my religion too. I used to be a devout Christian, but Vietnam made me think. *lights cigarette*. I mean, what kind of God would allow this kind of suffering. It also got me to actually read the Bible for once, and I mean, the Christian God and the Jewish God are both assholes.
Dent: I never could stand a religious stuff, to be honest. I pretty quickly adopted "being a non-believer is far more interesting than a believer" attitude and all my experiences only confirms religion is worthless... Sheesh, my half-brother, I don't frankly care about, became a Catholic bishop. What a shame.
Daniels: Catholic? Aren't you from Alabama?
Dent: As strange as it may sound, there are Catholics in Alabama. Plus, it was my father who married a Catholic: my awful stepmother. So they all got disowned.
Daniels: My family were devout Methodists. My father was pretty angry about me becoming liberal and atheist, but he accepted it. He even became a bit more liberal, but still hasn't voted democratic for President since 1956. By the way, where in Alabama are you from? I'm from Tacoma myself.
Dent: Mobile, although I partially grew up in both D.C. and Dent County... yes, there is a clear relation.
Daniels: Well, considering you are the Kennedys of Alabama, I can't say I'm suprised.
Dent: And that's sucks. It's like being born with a giant baggage you just can't get rid off. My family history doesn't make ma proud, rather really ashamed of. Thankfully, I entered politics totally on my own.
Daniels: Same with me. Well, it's nice seeing you. I'll see you sometime later.
Dent: Of course.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2731 on: February 07, 2012, 12:06:19 am »
Ignore

February 28, 1996
Blair House, official reception of the French President

Dent: Barack, come over for a moment, would you?
Barack: Mr. President?
Dent: Just one simple organizational question. What the f**k is she doing here?
Barack: Who?
Dent: I won't point with my finger because, first of all, it's against the protocol as well as good taste and, second of all, you know who I'm talking about.
Barack: Ah... well, she's obviously invited.
Dent: Eh.
Barack: Well... members of the Ways and Means are usually invited.
Dent: Just keep her away from me.
Barack: You can just ignore her, sir.

Barack: (stiffly) Congresswoman.
Charlotte: (stiffly as well) Chief of Staff.
Barack: Are you enjoying our reception?
Charlotte: Yes... oh, excuse me, which way to the bathroom? I've never been to the Blair House before.
Barack: I'll show you the way.

Few second later, in an empty hallway

Charlotte: Oh God... I missed you so much (kissing him)
Barack: Me too, me too...
Charlotte: Damn, we can't do this here.
Barack: Just pretend you're enjoying this damn reception.

Back in the room

Some French lady: ...and that's how I slept with Mitterrand.
Dent: And yet you're with Chirac delegation.
Lady: I slept with Chirac as well.
Dent: You know, my first congressional trip was to Paris. What else place to go when you're still young? And my trip coincidences with a very memorable occasion.
Lady: What occasion?
Dent: It was late April 1969...
1969... Charlotte, who, despite being ostentatibly ignored, stand not so far, started to listen carefully.
Dent: ...French were going to the polls to vote in de Gaulle's final referendum, the one that finally brought the giant down. I meet a very nice girl, who worked at the Elysee and we were sitting together, when results came in. She was devastated. While she remained in presidential staff after Pompidou was elected, she was very devoted de Gaulle follower. So, naturally, we ended up in bed. And that's how the puny state of South Dakota got their House delegation.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2732 on: February 10, 2012, 01:15:44 pm »
Ignore

Our detractors in the North are describing a separation of the White race from negroes as evil. This is hardly suprising. However, even many Southerners, make no mistake: a good and loyal Southerners, are calling this solution evil, albeit necessary. They are acting like they have to be ashamed at least a little bit of this. I cannot share these sentiments, noble maybe, but quite incorrect.

For separation of races is not evil, even a necessary one. In fact, gentlemen, it is a clear, positive good: the best solution that is serving and benefiting both races with an equal proportions.

I am far from claiming that negroes are inferior per se. After all, we all are Christians, children of our Lord. Yet, the negroes are simply lacking intelect, education and morals, that are proudly displayed by a white men. I know this may be very controversial among some of my constituents in good, old Alabama, but I believe it's possible that one day, the negroes will become gentler people, but this process surely will take an entire generations.

You see, gentlemen, the negro is like a child and should be treated with care. But show me a single household where a child is a head of the family.

So, for now, and for tomorrow, the separation is preventing the Southland, still recovering from the wounds of a civil war, from degeneration and anarchy. Separation is allowing the negro race to evolve peacefully and we, the southern people, can be only proud from guarding this harmony and a natural path.

Speech of Senator and former Vice President Absalom W. Dent (D-AL), 1899.

Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: February 10, 2012, 02:27:51 pm »
Ignore

HW: Oh, three these three weeks on Hawaiis we're wonderful.
Wendy: Oh, you're right.
HW: Let's look what happened there. Well, nothing interesting. Farley, Byrd, move your lazy ***** here.
Farley: As usual, your approvals here.
Approve: 59%
Dissaprove: 38%
Don't Know: 3%
HW: Not bad.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2734 on: February 11, 2012, 08:10:24 pm »
Ignore

June 1880
Dent County, Alabama, Courthouse

The shackled man has been standing between two deputies, awaiting return of the Judge, as well as the jury, for delivering a final verdict.
Man: Oh come one, guys. I ain't no robber. I just wanted to make a little trip. You don't know how boring it is to live in North Dakota.
Deputy: Yes, you're a damn robber.
Man: Come on, pal. I haven't robbed anybody.
Deputy: You stole two dollars from Mrs. Maycomb.
Man: Come on, dude. I may have accidentally took this, but that ain't robbery.
Deputy: You took it at night. Under Alabama law, that' s a robbery.
Man: Wait a moment. Why ain't you talking like Southern dude?
Second deputy: U r such an ass ta point out his speakin' imperfection.
Man: Huh?
Bailiff: All rise for the Honorable Judge Absalom Willis Dent!
The Judge emerged from his backroom chamber.
Dent: (as jury members took their seats) Please be seated. Gentlemen of the jury, have you reach the verdict?
Foreman: Yes, Your Honor. We find the defendant guilty of all charges.
Dent: Very well. The defendant shall rise.
Deputy: (quietly) He's talking to you.
Man: What? My name's Ambrose, not Defendant.
Dent: Ambrose Rambo D'Israeli of North Dakota, you have been found guilty of all charges by jury of your peers, specifically: robbery, vagrancy and engaging in an excessive hyperbole within limits of Dent County, which is prohibited by the 76th Amendment to the Constitution of the Great and Sovereign State of Alabama. Do you have anything to say before I shall pass a judgement upon you?
Ambrose: Huh?
Dent: Very well, black cap, please... Item, the Great State of Alabama in particular, and the South in general, has been always known for their hospitality for all visitors. Yet, it is a sacred duty of all visitors to conduct themselves properly in order to best represent a reputation of themselves and their neighbours. Instead, you, Ambrose Rambo D'Israeli, have reached the lowest point of I ever witnessed in this house of justice. Therefore, a punishment must be appropriate for your grave offences.
Ambrose: Huh?
Dent: The sentence of this court is that you shall be taken to the Dent County prison and remain there, until you shall be led to a designated place, where you shall be hanged by the neck until you're dead, an according to the law of the land. And may God Almighty have mercy on your unrepentant, rotten soul, because the law cannot and will not have mercy on your body. Bailiff, take the dead man away!
Ambrose was thinking for a second.
Ambrose: HA! YOU WILL NEVER STOP ME, FOR I SHALL RETURN IN A FORM OF MY GREAT-GRANDSON, THE SECOND... or a third ANTICHRIST, THAT SHALL HAUNT YOU AND YOUR DESCENDENT FOR ALL ETERNITY... I mean, huh? Where I can post some bail?

Exactly one hundred years later, in result of the 1980 presidential election, Ambrose D'Israeli prophecy came true

Dallasfan65
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: February 12, 2012, 12:37:46 am »
Ignore

Portland, Maine, 1979.

Thad O'Connor walks into work at the Stevenson Brewery to greet his good friend Hank.

Thad: Salutations my friend. It is good to see you once more.
Hank: How's it going Thad? What can I do ya for?
Thad: Words can not describe how much you have helped me since my move to Portland, nor can they express my still insufficient gratitude. However, I feel as if I must move beyond the confines of this brewery and the scant warmth of your attic.
Hank: I don't suppose it would be too much trouble filling your management shift, though you'll be missed. What do you plan on doing with yourself though?
Thad: I would like to run for office. In these tumultuous times there is a dearth of competent and sincere statesmen. I know the winds of change are in the air, but they are fleeting at best and I would hope to spread my wings before they pass me by.
Hank: Jeeze. What are you running for?
Thad: I would like to challenge Olympia Snowe for the Republican nomination. It's a tall order, and I can not do it with out your financial support.
Hank: Whhat?! You come down here lookin' like Patrick Simmons and you expect me to bankroll a goddang political campaign for you?! You must be crazy!
Thad: Allow me to assuage your concerns, if I may. I only need fifty grand, which is less than what Margaret Chase Smith funded her final campaign with. It need not all come from you.
Hank: Very well. You bet your ass it isn't all coming from me.

So it was that Thad began his political journey. In a divisive contest, Thad lambasted the incumbent for welching on a campaign pledge to prevent construction of a large dam in rural Maine, along with support for national health insurance. Snowe countered with personal attacks on Thad's appearance, technical "homeless" status and for being a bachelor. Despite a structural disadvantage, Thad's campaign, empathy with the people of rural Maine (Olympia lived near down-state) and local war-hero status carried the day.

Thad Gillespie O'Connor of Eastport - 53.68%
Olympia Jean Snowe of Auburn - 46.26%
Others - .06%
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:58:03 am by Dallasfan65 »Logged

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: February 12, 2012, 11:09:59 am »
Ignore

HW: Oh, three these three weeks on Hawaiis we're wonderful.
Wendy: Oh, you're right.
HW: Let's look what happened there. Well, nothing interesting. Farley, Byrd, move your lazy ***** here.
Farley: As usual, your approvals here.
Approve: 59%
Dissaprove: 38%
Don't Know: 3%
HW: Not bad.
Daniels (in private, seeing his approvals): HOW THE HELL DOES HE HAVE A 59% APPROVAL RATING? Oh wait, it's Wyoming, never mind. *looks at his approvals* Oh, good. 72-25-3.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2737 on: February 12, 2012, 11:21:52 am »
Ignore

November 7, 1980
Watergate apartment

A man and a woman are lying at bed, resting after election campaigns as well as some far more recent activity.
Dent: I still can't believe I survived reelection.
Olympia: I still can't believe I lost nomination to some unknown, homeless hobo.

Dallasfan65
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: February 12, 2012, 11:54:47 am »
Ignore

(made with Kal, naturally)

Thad O'Connor walks down the hall-way, intently focused on a clipboard while talking with a campaign staffer. He absent mindedly looks up, and to his great surprise...
Thad: Oh.. it's you.
LaMott: It's you too.
Thad: What beckoned you to sully the great fields of Colorado?
LaMott: Primary. You?
Thad: Similar business. I hadn't anticipated your arrival... I figured you'd be in the Midwest.
LaMott: Ah. (thinking: what a wimp)
Thad: I don't believe we've met in person before?
LaMott: If you're not going to consider Senate hearings as such.
Thad: Far too trite and formal for that to be considered personal.
LaMott: You could say that.
Thad: Well, unless you've anything left to tell me, I'll be on my way.
LaMott Not really. Good bye, then.
LaMott: (being on her way) What a wimp.
Thad: I see she's every bit as congenial and amicable in person as she is on TV.

Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: February 12, 2012, 12:34:08 pm »
Ignore

HW: Wendy, do you want some grog?
Wendy: Sure, Humpy. *tastes the drink* Where did you learn to brew such a wonderful thing?
HW: In those years when I was wandering around the country. I was taught this in  a Maine by a drunken sailor. He used to say that grog should be so strong that if a drunk man falls down into the sea, he must cross the Missouri. After a weak grog man drowns like a puppy.

Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: February 12, 2012, 02:45:55 pm »
Ignore

Hey kids! Today, you can buy your very own copy of "Patriotism in Exile: The True Story behind the 1996 Coup" by former Ambassador Robert O'Sullivan! It contains the details of how--and why--the military with his help plotted the over throwing of the evil commu-nazi-fasci-marxi-French President Dent and why, thanks only to the manipulation of the elites, did it fail. Buy today!

Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: February 12, 2012, 02:57:21 pm »
Ignore

Introduction

This book should never have been published. America should never have needed such a violent revolution. And, should it have been needed, it was supposed to succeed, and I wouldn't be here explaining myself. Instead, however, through the manipulations of President Dent, we failed, miserably. He somehow mustered his forces of darkness, from every corner of the globe, the war mongerers, the corporatists, the atheists, the Jews, the unions, and every other wholy unholy, and utterly un-American force, and strike back against the forces of liberty. Hear ye this, dear reader, none of you are safe, no matter who is President. Jefferson once said that he thought a good amount of rebellion against government was healthy for a nation. Now? Rebellion is called treason, and I am writing this from a small island in international waters in order to avoid Dent's retribution. With any luck, however, my book, distributed through the most shady of means, will reach shelves and illuminate the world.

Sincerely,

Robert O'Sullivan

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2742 on: February 12, 2012, 03:02:24 pm »
Ignore

(Made with Cathcon; shortly before a failed coup)

Dent: How's your son, Governor?
Mattingly: Recovering. He's much better than he was in the few weeks after the accident and back in school and whatnot.
Dent: It's good to hear.
Mattingly: Yes, yes it is. How are things over on Pennsylvania Avenue?
Dent: Tomorrow I'll see a living Speaker of the House for the first time in months. I never thought I'll be happy for Dick's return, but here I am.
Mattingly: Never did like Gingrich. Launches a failed presidential campaign mere months after taking office as Majority Leader. Cheney had the decency to not do that. And he could've been a powerful presence in the field.
Dent: Maybe Dick simply is not that dumb to run for President in first place. No disrespect.
Mattingly: Whaddaya mean "dumb"?!
Dent: I don't want to be mysogynic, but Presidency look wonderful only from outside.
Mattingly: Hmmm... That gets me thinking. Why do I want this office? When it was decided that I was running, I listed the usual statements. Wanting to make this country a better place & all that crap. Why did you want the office?
Dent: To be honest I never been really interested in executive posts, except this one. Why? Probably because there's simply no higher prize and it's not some lame statewide post, and I mean no disrespect again, but being Governor was the worst period in my life... Also, hmm, you may laugh, but I believed that, at least the last time, there's no better person for me to handle matters now.
Mattingly: I guess that would have to be why Im running. As well, I have no intention of merely dying & that being the end of it. The promise of heavenly eternity isn't enough for me. Seems I feel the need for immortality on earth too, even if it's only through the history books. Quite a selfish & awful reason isn't it? But I am intent that if elected I'll fo my best. That, afterall, is the jib description.
Dent: Speaking right now for myself, if you're in politics for almost thirty years, your options are limited. You can't start over on other field as if you were young again. Either you keep going or retire, spending the rest of your days sitting and farting at the porch. I don't understand the people who want to retire. I don't understand those who are willing to spend the rest of their lives without new goals and challenges.
Mattingly: I can't imagine retiring. Not that I'm near the age to. But even on vacations & crap like that, after a while I start feeling like the most unproductive sunuvabitch around. I can't imagine straight up years of vacation. I need work & a schedule to feel useful. I suppose once I give up on politics I'll go back into the private sector. You have any plans for your post-Presidency?
Dent: If you're ever elected President the last thing you should do as the former one is to go back to the private sector. When Truman left the office, he was broke. He was never wealthy on his own, there were no benefits for former Presidents and his all income was a lame military pension. One day he was in the Oval Office, the next one, he was just a poor dude. Oh, he could easily make money in the private sector, but turned down all offers. Why? Because he felt that former President being on a corporate payroll would diminish statute of the office and we was right once again. Former Presidents does not stop to represent the office, which is another s**ty thing about the job: you don't have power anymore, but you still have responsibilities. But hey, neither you nor me are poor and, even if our money would magically disappear, there still are packages and opportunities to make money other way, like giving useless lectures.
Mattingly: Yeah, I always wondered about those politicians who went back to their job when they were done. Like Nixon in the mid-sixties. What was it like having the former Vice- President as your law partner? I can't imagine a President just doing what a billion less accomplished men are doing.
Dent: For me, being a lawyer was a lot of fun, divorcing the people for living. Of course, I haven't practiced since 1968 and I don't count JAG as law practice. It was truly annoying, getting recalled to an "active duty" in a middle of something actually important, just to sit at some court martial. Well, in order to get discharge from an active duty I had to do at least ten years in reserve and, because I had no eye anymore, I was JAG. At least they gave me retirement in a rank of Commander... Heh, I know, of course, you're a veteran too, but I don't remember which branch and what is your rank.
Mattingly: Vietnam War, Sergeant First Class. Whatever the Hell that means. I recall it was some sort of low leadership position. Got the Medal of Honor out of it if that means anything. Lotsa shir happened in those five years. Went in right outta high school. Even then the war was unpopular. I was lucky enough that when I finally left, no one cared about the war enough to hate it. Went to a factory job, then to college. I was unlucky in that I was on my own just as the sh**tty 70's got into full force. Recession, stagflation, & all that other sh**t.
Dent: I've been considering military career when I was young and stupid. Even ran a ROTC platoon at Yale. Then I were in Vietnam for few years and lost all appetite for military career. I didn't really know you've got the Medal of Honor too.
Mattingly: You got one?
Dent: Yes, but I think I should rather get medical discharge on ground on insanity for this.
Mattingly: Why, what happened? I'd think anyone who got the Medal, myself included, would be a candidate to be called insane.
Dent: I hope you watched Bat*21. I was flying an earlier version of Bird Dog and aided heavily damaged transport aicraft, leading it to nearest airfield. When I think about this now, going without clear orders under heavy AA fire with such a poor equipment... yes, I was an idiot.
Mattingly: Quite the risk taker you seem then. I don't think I could ever stand to be a pilot. Trusting nothing but your training and someone else's engineering to keep you floating hundreds of feet in the air while under fire. I even get nervous taking regular planes.
Dent: To be precise, I've spent most of my time on ground, if you can call a boat "ground", but I enjoyed flying: flying with a simple machine, not some really fast yet. I can't fly anymore, of course. There are no one-eyed pilots... By the way, I would be suprised if you weren't injured during all those years of service.
Mattingly: Scars mostly. Got places where bullets used to live in my left arm and right thigh. I was damn lucky they weren't closer to the center. Christ, I had to see what that did to you.
Dent: Oh, losing an eye itself isn't that bad as it sounds. You can get used to. Having permanently damaged nerves and skull fragment is what's making it really unpleasent.
Mattingly: Still sounds like losing a whole ing eye would be a pain.
Dent: I've spent last thirty years on painkillers.
Mattingly: Hard to imagine life like that. Always needing some sort of fix. On second thought, I could count my re-emerging smoking addiction (takes drag on cigarette). **Cough**
sh**t, I really should stop this.
Dent: It wasn't that bad until I reached 40. Yes, even I was young.
Mattingly: That I can hardly imagine. Anyway, it's time this meeting came to order. To answer what you asked me over the phone, yes, you can be sure without a doubt that I intend on keeping the Michigan National Guard loyal to the elected President, which happens to be you.
Dent: I appreciate that. It's really good to see there are still politicians who have understanding of constitutional issues beyond partisan politics.
Mattingly: I don't buy into all these rumors floating around these days, but, sad as I may be to admit it, you are the President, the elected leader of this nation and constitutionally the Commander-in-Chief.
Dent: Well, you did your best to prevent this, but overall climat wasn't favorable.

Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: February 12, 2012, 03:33:17 pm »
Ignore

February 27th, 1996:
In the Arizona Primary, Governor Barry Goldwater Jr. is able to take the state by a large margin, thanks in large part to his father’s status as a former five term Senator from the state and Conservative/Libertarian icon.

Goldwater-34%
O’Connor-27%
LaMott-14%
Perot-11%
Mattingly-10%
Others-4%

In the North Dakota Primary, Maine Governor Thad O’Connor is able to plant his flag, thanks in large part to vigorous campaigning in the state.

O’Connor-39%
LaMott-27%
Goldwater-13%
Mattingly-10%
Alexander-5%
Perot-4%
Others-2%

As for the South Dakota Primary, Governor Christian Mattingly wins in an upset thanks to low turnout. “Stranger things have happened” he comments, “After all, George McGovern was elected in this state.”

Mattingly-34%
O’Connor-27%
LaMott-16%
Perot-15%
Goldwater-6%
Otheres-2%

Blue-Governor Thad O'Connor of Maine
Red-Governor Christian Mattingly of Michigan
Orange-Senator Evangeline LaMott of South Carolina
Green-Former Senator Warren B. Rudman of New Hampshire
Yellow-Governor Barry Goldwater Jr. of Arizona

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2744 on: February 14, 2012, 07:20:28 pm »
Ignore

(Montgomery) - Alabama Governor Jim Folsom, Jr. rejected largely symbolical, yet unprecedented, request to grant a posthumus pardon to Sue Bell Cooter, based on innocence. Two days ago, Alabama Board of Clemency and Parole recommended granting a measure.

"Ms. Cooter has been convicted by jury of her peers and the verdict has been upheld all the way to the state's Supreme Court. I will not insult integrity of our justice system by granting this symbolic pardon", Folsom said.

Sue Bell Cooter has been electrocuted in January 1992 at age of 26, after spending nine years on death row. She was the second woman executed in the United States since 1976 as well as the first female juvenile convict executed in 80 years.

An execution took place during Folsom's predecessor and current President Jefferson Dent campaign for the White House. Dent has been frequently accused of allowing an execution, despite wide-scale appeals, case circumstances and board's positive recommendation for clemency, to go forward for political reasons. Folsom himself is now running for the Democratic nomination.

Decatur Daily, February 1996

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2745 on: February 14, 2012, 08:33:35 pm »
Ignore

Frankly, I cannot remember, at the moment, all those nasty names they use to describe an ultimate punishment under the law. How it was? Barbaric, medieval, uncivilized, cruel, evil... and so on, and so on. Even many supporters are hesitating when confronted with this unruly propaganda, calling these laws necessary evil.

But in reality neither of these sentiments, from flat commendation to lukewarm attitude, can be defended under pure logic. The death penalty is not evil, neither absolute or necessary. The death penalty is a positive good, that is benefiting all involved in the process.

It is clearly benefiting the society, offering the people both protection and example, straighting they morals. It is satisfying a common sense of justice by ensuring that most severe offences are not left without an appropriate reaction from the law and it's humble servants, like the undersigned. It is also good for the prisoner himself. First of all, it's an act of mercy, by removing these poor souls from the society they cannot adopt to. Also, as a Christian, I do believe that every soul can be spared for happines in heavens. But, in order to achieve it, one must do a penance, and for some crimes, the only penance is a biblical eye for eye. Surely, being executed and departed from this imperfect world is a small price indeed for eternal salvation.

Absalom Willis Dent, Positive Force of Firm Justice, 1886

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2746 on: February 15, 2012, 08:47:03 am »
Ignore

Only a few men did more to poison the American justice than Absalom Dent - Clarence Darrow.

There was no other man so brilliant and so eloquent that he could translate every barbarity into a convincing language of a modern law - Justice Thurgood Marshall.

He was, basically, an old, vengeful, bitter man who got an ultimate power over his fellow citizens - W.E.B. Dubois.

While wrong on many issues, Dent's defense of the positive force of strict, firm criminal justice is something we desperately needs nowdays - Justice Byron White.

Absalom Dent has been the best heir to the best traditions of Anglo-Saxon jurisprudence - President Woodrow Wilson.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2747 on: February 15, 2012, 05:06:40 pm »
Ignore

July 2, 1912
Baltimore, Maryland

After several deadlocked ballots between two leading candidates, Lieutenant Governor Preston Barnes Dent, chairman of the Alabama's delegation, which initially supported Speaker Clark, took a floor.

Gentlemen, our glorious Democratic Party must unite around the best candidate, than shall bring back order, morals and sanity to the White House, after disastrous decades of the Republican protectionism, socialist experiments, contradicting every sacred aspect of our American values, and constant war waged against the sovereignty of our individual states. I'm deeply honored to proclaim, that the great state of Alabama, Heart of Dixie, is casting all their votes for a brilliant professor, reform Governor and a proud son of a Southland, Woodrow Wilson!

With this declaration, Wilson was finally able to claim the nomination.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2748 on: February 15, 2012, 07:36:48 pm »
Ignore

Dent: (looking through a bulletproof window) S**t, they still here. Have you even saw more sorry bunch of losers with no life? Why can't I get a decent protesters, like Westboro Baptist Church, for a change?
Barack: Because Fred Phelps was one of your Kansas electors in 1992, Mr. President?
Dent: See, that's exactly I wasn't thrilled about winning certain states.
Barack: Who are those guys anyway?
Dent: Retards who doesn't understand an importance of Saudi-American relations. Just look at these moronic signs. "Free Princess Amatulla"... correct version is Amatullah. Or this, "No Deal with Saudis", surely, they'd sing differently without gasoline. And this one, "Remember Sue Bell", how the f**k is this even relevant? Looks like we'll have to quietly suffocate her with a pillow. That's called third way.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2749 on: February 16, 2012, 06:28:58 pm »
Ignore

Dent: OK... let me get it straight: you're getting an opportunity to introduce the most popular bill imaginable, with your name attached to this for whole eternity... and you want another earmark?
Scarlett: Yes.
Dent: Over the years, I earmarked literally tons of money to Mobile area. There are other people in this town and their have needs to fulfill as well.
Scarlett: Obviously, I got this in my DNA.
Dent: We really don't have to go there with our strictly professional conversation. So, if there's any place, outside of the West Virginia, that got more earmarks already it's Mobile in particular and Alabama in general. I were putting millions of dollar there when you still rode a child bicycle.
Scarlett: Too bad you weren't there to teach me how to drive.
Dent: And you can go straight to hell... Congresswoman.
Scarlett: Jesus, what's the problem? There's no one else in the room.
Dent: We had a f**king deal.
Scarlett: Can't I even have a little hug?
Dent: When I'm looking at you right now, I'm truly regretting condoms weren't that popular back in the 60s.
Scarlett: Your grumpiness is so cute... daddy.
Dent: No, f**k, you're not getting this bill.

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 ... 118 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout