Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2014, 09:44:10 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Bacon King)
| | |-+  The Never Ending Americana Story (Death certificate issued)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 Print
Author Topic: The Never Ending Americana Story (Death certificate issued)  (Read 95042 times)
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2800 on: February 25, 2012, 11:56:07 am »
Ignore

Foreign policy summary

"Forced Detente"

Paradoxically, the two Cold War superpowers has entered the 1990s significantly weakened. The Soviet Union was marred with an economic crisis and growing separatism, while the United States position was suffering from decline of NATO and years of D'Israeli's semi-isolationism.

Both sides inability to seize the initiative resulted with an informal, never proclaimed second phase of Detente, no power desired, but both had to accept.

NATO collapse and the Big Three

After B'stard's self-coup, the United Kingdom's relations with the United States and continental Europe allies quickly degenerated, which resulted in Britain's formal withdrawal from the European Community. While NATO treaty formally continues to exist, it is nothing more now than a piece of paper. 

NATO has been effectively replaced with a "Big Three" alliance, consisting the United States, France and West Germany.

Ready For Hoover '28!
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -8.26

View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: February 25, 2012, 07:05:48 pm »
Ignore

Fred Kraeger Campaign Stop
Filmed for TV Ad:

You know these Minnesotans for Progress seem to be dead intent on convincing people that I am a reactionary who once in office will seek to strengthen the Death Penalty!  That I am a hard on advocate for the Death Penalty despite the thirty or so statements I've made against the Death Penalty since I became Mayor!
But no, it's not a campaign against a progressive who wants to give people jobs and who puts his hackery to the side when it comes to pragmatic ideas, it's now a campaign against a full on Hitleresque reactionary who is a death penalty advocate, who is against gay rights, wants to ban flag burning, wants a nationwide ban on abortion, and maybe even believes that deep down inside Hitler was a really good guy.  Am I right?

Audience laughs.
You see, this is where the political discourse gets when the opposition is too blind to reality to effectively debate the problems that matter.  They know that when it comes to welfare reform I stood by Jefferson Dent for the betterment of this nation.  They know that opposing giving jobs to those who need it is not a stance that they can win so what do they do?  They do what our Republican opponents have been doing for decades now: THEY MAKE UP LIES.
But I don't believe that is the way Washington should run.  We should not be bound to the votes of hacks or liars.  We deserve honesty and an open mind on Capitol Hill.
Who is with me?

Audience cheers.

This is Fred Kraeger and I support this message.

Ready For Hoover '28!
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: February 25, 2012, 07:14:10 pm »
Ignore

Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Kraeger for Senate Stop:

Today, I would like to extend an invitation, an invitation to Senator Wellstone to challenge these so-called "Minnesotans for Progress" to prove their allegations that I am a pro-death penalty advocate.  Because me and my campaign will not rest, we will not desist, until my image on this issue is cleared.
I will not put up with liars.
I will not put up with the distortion of my political record.
Let it be known Paul Wellstone that I don't hold you directly responsible for the actions of the PAC, but you at least have a responsibility since these "progressives" have been exclusively targeting the Kraeger Campaign for your gain.  We've gained nothing from this, you've gained everything.
Time to make sure you've earned it.
If you do this, if you make them prove these heinous allegations.....which they'll be proven very wrong for, I will have gained a newfound respect for you and will look forward to seeing you in the Primary Debates.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2803 on: February 26, 2012, 10:41:22 pm »
Ignore

Daniels receives a call from an anonymous caller.
Caller: Is this Jeff Daniels?
Daniels: Who is this?
Caller: This is "Bob Smith" speaking about Operation Shamrock.
Daniels: Ah yes, hello Reza. Is Shamrock still on for tonight?
Pahlavi: Yes it is.
Daniels: Arrest the Ayatollah or kill him?
Pahlavi: Yes we will, and arrest him. It'll look better.
Daniels: I guess so. Long live a free Iran!
Pahlavi: Yes. Goodbye.
Daniels: Goodbye.

Later that day:
CNN BREAKING NEWS: IRANIAN AYATOLLAH OVERTHROWN: SHAH'S SON PAHLAVI NEW PRESIDENT;PROMISES FREE ELECTIONS BY NEXT YEAR
OOC: That better, Kal?

OOC: No. Contradicts my foreign policy plans and mention of Pahvalis makes me want to barf.

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: February 26, 2012, 11:34:11 pm »
Ignore

Daniels is at a dinner for the Democratic Governors Association
Other Governor: You know, with the earthquake, you set a very good example.
Daniels: I suppose, but....
He suddenly collapses.
Other Governor: JESUS CHRIST!
At the hospital
Doctor: Governor, I'm going to be blunt. You have lung cancer.
Daniels: What? Oh no, this is about the smoking.
Doctor: Very likely.
Daniels: What are my chances?
Doctor: Well, thankfully we caught it early, but this is not going to be easy. I would also advise you to give up smoking.
Daniels: I know I have to. I'll try.
Doctor: I realize this is going to be hard for you.
Daniels: Yeah, I've tried to give it up, but I can't. I hope this is enough to get me to stop.
Doctor: I would also recommend help with this.
Daniels: I will go to help.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2805 on: February 28, 2012, 06:25:51 am »
Ignore

March 12, 1996

Two Top Secretaries Resigns

(Washington, D.C.) - President Dent accepted simultaneous resignations of the two top members of his cabinet: Secretary of Defense John Warner (R-VA) and Attorney General Dale Bumpers (D-AR).

It is not a secret that Warner, a former Senator and moderate Republican, accepted the post back in 1993 under a condition he'll be free to run for his old seat this fall. The President himself reportedly prefers Warner's return to Capitol, in a light of their good relationship over the years, weak Democratic bench in Virginia as well as danger of the seat falling into a "new right" hands.

Bumpers on the other hand, while mentioned as possible Senate candidate himself after his astonishing 1992 primary loss to Bill Clinton, issues a statement announcing his retirement from politics.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2806 on: February 28, 2012, 07:06:22 pm »
Ignore

(Made with Dallas)

Reporter: Mr. President, thank you for taking the time to meet with me today.
Dent: My pleasure.
Reporter Let's get down to brass tacks. What would you like to say about the recent military coup?
Dent: When I assumed the office, I had no idea how dangerous was the cancer growing on our military. For the previous twelve long years, the army was, in fact, it's own, rogue state without any civilian and constitutional control over it. We took firm measures to restore proper chain of command and ensure army's loyalty to the democratic government. Some elements didn't like it but, hopefully, the last incident will indeed be the last.
Reporter: On the subject of domestic security, what do you have to say about the detainment and subsequent escape of Governor Wilkinson, of which you sometimes share a state with?
Dent: Mr. Wilkinson's escape, which resulted in a death of an innocent nurse, is proving that he was mentally unfit for exercising any power.
Reporter: Will the Administration be acting any further on the matter?
Dent: Se can't just leave this. The State Department has already requested an extradition from the Irish Government.
Reporter: Very well. What would you have to say about the resignations of secretaries
Warner and Bumpers?
Dent: Secretary Warner and me had a clear understantment he's intending to step down early in 1996 to seek his old seat. John did a great job in Pentagon and deserved to continue his career after this administration is out of power.
Reporter: No comment on Secretary Bumpers?
Dent: To be honest, I were surprised too. Yet, Dale spent many years in public service
and wish to retire is nothing really weird.
Reporter: What would you have to say about the Minnesota Senatorial election?
Dent: My preferences are clear. I wouldn't make an official endorsement if things were diffrent.
Reporter: On the subject of Wyoming, you personally made a 'part-time' capitol in Laramie. Wouldn't you consider that to be an overreach?
Dent: The western capital was one of our means to "get America moving again". I know, it sounds like a campaign slogan, but after twelve years of stagnation, we had to undertake a
massive reforms, among this closing a gap between the East and West. Location of the "second capital" significantly stimulated an entire region and during the last coup, proved to be critical in restoring full control. Was that an overreach? You may say so, but sometimes, we need to "overreach". Brazilians changed the face of their interior by founding Brasila.
Reporter: Do you have any regrets in your dealings with military insubordination, i.e. hanging people?
Dent: It's certainly nothing pleasant. Such decisions are never made lightly and if any President or Governor, who ever allowed an execution to go forward under his watch, is telling you it didn't affect him at all or these people are not coming back from time to time, he's either a liar or have no human feelings left.
Reporter: What would you say is your biggest foreign policy mistake?
Dent: Intervention in Micronesia. It was a fiasco I have to take a full responsibility with.
Reporter: Moving on to the future. Anything else you'd like to see accomplished before your term ends?
Dent: Before I address your question directly, I'd like to take moment to emphasize one crucial thing. The last three years were really difficult. When we took over, America was in a deep crisis. Crisis of spirit, invention, institutions, ideas. Our goal was to get America moving again and be prepared for all those challenges of the new century, so we can compete with the rest of the rapidly changing world. We've succeeded in becoming number one in developing modern technologies again, especially the internet. We've overhauled public education system. We've reformed mass transport by building short-distance train lines. We've put a lot of money in neglected areas, started closing a gap between the west and east, reduced deficit from $300,000,000 to $200,000,000. Not to mention dealing with some elements in our military and Masdar crisis. Last, but not least, we improved our position in the Middle East and with our other important allies.
I have some regrets, most notably that we were unable, and didn't really try, to restore many socially progressive laws, that were repealed under my predecessor, but issues mentioned above were our absolute priority. We just knew it's now or never, no matter what political price are we going to pay. You probably know that civil rights and liberties were always very important part of my political life, but I couldn't have it done now.
Yet, there are certain urgent matters, I'd like to see completed before my term is over. For example, AIDS crisis has been ignored by successive administrations, mine including. We need a bill that will allow us to deal with this tragedy.
Reporter Any plans once your term expires? Do you intend to stay in the spotlight, or "ride off into the sunset," as they say?
Dent: I came to a sad, personally sad, realization, that the new generation of Democrats, people like Jeff Daniels or Fred Kraeger, just to mention two very promising and able individuals, should take over and carry on. It's a natural order of things. I've been in national politics for 28 years and held various leadership positions for almost two decades. It's time to move on. What I'm going to do, I have no idea at the moment, but surely I will not desperately try to keep my current power.
Reporter: Jeff, it's always a pleasure. Any last words?
Dent: I'm certainly not going to play golf. I could never understand golf.
Reporter: Thank you Jeff.

Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: February 29, 2012, 09:09:22 pm »
Ignore

Hey, don't mean to interrupt in the middle of it, guys, but Hawkeye asked if I wanted to join this again and I'd be willing if you guys needed me. I'd just need to take some time to catch up... If you guys don't need me though, that's cool. I just wanted to check and see.

Dallasfan65
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 5.68, S: -9.74

View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: February 29, 2012, 11:15:47 pm »
Ignore

March 12th, 1996

Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts.

Thad O'Connor solemnly watches television at his resort on Martha's Vineyard. A half eaten-pizza sits to his left and a glass of Jack and Moxie rests in his hand. His reverie is interrupted by a knock at the door, quickly followed by two more, and he begrudgingly went to answer the door.

Thad: Hello?
Nathan: It's me, man.
Thad: Well, for Heaven's sake, get inside. It's pouring out.
Nathan: I've spoken with a bloc of suburbanite Democrats and the leadership. We're willing to bring your tax proposal to the floor, but only if you go full throttle.

Nathan is nearly interrupted as Thad claps his hands and rubs them together with great enthusiasm.

Thad: Good tidings! Good tidings indeed. This bit of news has been an oasis in a desert, and you have whet my optimism. While I believe I have the moderates under my thumb, this shall successfully drive a wedge between the far-right Republicans: those who are worth their salt, and those who oppose me on personality as opposed to principle.
Nathan: You're trying to thread a needle here my friend. One wrong move and your term will be de-railed for good.
Thad: Well, between the struggle in Minnesota, the race for the presidency, and my own battle ahead of me, it would be irresponsible to rest upon my laurels. Let us move forward!

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2809 on: March 01, 2012, 05:46:48 pm »
Ignore

March 15, 1996

(Washington, D.C.) - President Dent announced his nominations for three out of four vacant cabinet positions.

Veteran Democratic Congressman Kika de la Garza will replace fellow Texan Rick Perry, killed during a failed February coup attempt, as Secretary of Agriculture. A former longtime chairman of the House Agriculture Committee, de la Garza already announced his retirement in 1997.

A powerful Democratic insider, Vernon Jordan, has been tapped to become the first Secretary of Intelligence, a position created in result of the Intelligence Reform Act of 1995. Dubbed as "the new Clark Clifford", Mr. Jordan never held a public office before.

Finally, Congresswoman Pat Schroeder of Colorado, who, like de la Garza, is retiring, has been chosen to replace John Warner in Pentagon. The first woman ever to serve in the House Armed Service Committee and briefly Dent's Vice President-designate after Ben Roberts' resignation, will be the first female Secretary of Defense.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2810 on: March 01, 2012, 07:11:44 pm »
Ignore

March 13, 1996
Hospital in Oakland, California

Nurse: Hey Vicki, it's time for your dinner.
Victoria: Take it away. I don't want to eat.
Nurse: Don't be silly. You need to eat.
Victoria: I won't eat a thing until you tell me what's going on. I don't even know what year is this!
Nurse: I'm sorry, sweetheart. I'm really are, but you've been in come for so long and you need to readjust first. There are rules for all patients.
Victoria: Where's my mom?
Nurse: I really can't talk about this.
Victoria: Where's my d... father?
Nurse: Honey, you need to eat.
Victoria: What happened to Scott? And Brea? Where are they?... are they d... d... d...
Nurse: You need to rest. Patience.
Victoria: GO F**K YOURSELF WITH YOUR PATIENCE! (smashing a plate against the wall)
Nurse: Shhh, come down.
Victoria: WHAT IS GOING ON?!
Nurse: Doctor, we have a problem.

their bastard sons against the wall
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: March 02, 2012, 10:20:06 am »
Ignore

Retrospective of Humphrey Wilkinson's Life
Boy in the silly propeller beanie (1940-1957)
War criminal (1957-1963)
Hippie-hating Yale student (1963-1968)
"Humphrey's Dead-Bug" owner (1968-1975)
Cheyenne City councilman (1975-1976)
Mayor of Cheyenne (1976-1985)
U.S. Senator from Wyoming (1985-1991)
Governor of Wyoming (1991-)

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2812 on: March 04, 2012, 07:37:41 pm »
Ignore

You can call it an imperial presidency if you want to. For me, it's simply carrying out my constitutional obligations. I've been vested with the executive power. Therefore, I, alone, am setting up policy of this government and making major decisions. And I'm the only one to bear a full responsibility - Jefferson Dent.

We had Jimmy Carter, who tried to keep hand at every detail. He failed, since one person simply can't manage things inside the West Wing, much more the entire government. Then we had Beauregard D'Israeli and Isaac James, both were known for generously delegating authority, and results were at best very mixed. And then we had Jefferson Dent (...)

Ready For Hoover '28!
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: March 04, 2012, 08:19:20 pm »
Ignore

Minneapolis, Minnesota:

Senator Paul Wellstone is at a campaign stop.  For the past few months he had been competing with challenger Fred Kraeger, who was a noname before November until he opened his big mouth about supporting Thad O'Connor.  Then like clockwork Jeff Dent's people got to him and now he's suddenly gaga about the administration when he used to be skeptical.
And then lately there had been this Minnesotans for Progress group that was making Wellstone look embarrassingly bad with some of their claims.
Wellstone takes the stage.
Wellstone: Lately there has been rumors that I endorse the message of the Minnesotans for Progress campaign.  I am here today to dispel those rumors.  If there is one thing that I refuse to be it is to be associated with untruths.  And as much as it pains me to say it but Fred Kraeger being an advocate of the death penalty is extremely dishonest.  I wish he was a supporter of it but there is no earthly evidence, not even his love affair with the bloodthirsty Jefferson Dent, that indicates that he supports the death penalty.
Okay granted Fred, I have disavowed the claims of the PAC.  Whoopdefriggindah.
However, the ball is now in your court.  You see over the past six years I have amassed a record of service to this state that you haven't come close to as Mayor of Duluth.  I have represented the wants and needs of Minnesota like only a true DFLer can.  You sir, however, have consistently ran on a record of supporting the most reactionary of economic and fiscal plans in this nation's history.  Frankly some of your proposals would make Beauregard D'Israeli a proud man.
Have we really slipped this far as a nation that we begin accepting men who are little more than Republicans in All But Name as "progressive"?
Scott Westman would be a socialist next to Kraeger's record of "cut cut cut!"

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: March 04, 2012, 10:51:49 pm »
Ignore

Nighttime, outside Daniels's house.
Daniels: Okay, just once. *lights a cigarette*
He is about to put it in his mouth, when his son appears and knocks it out of his hand.
Daniels: What the hell was that for? I was only going to do it once.
Jeff Jr.: You need to stop. That's why I took the liberty of throwing away all of your cigarettes.
Daniels: YOU DID WHAT?
Jeff Jr.: Listen, Dad, you need to stop. I know that you're addicted, but please get some help.
Daniels *sighs*: I guess I will. I need help, but.....Fine, I'll do it.
Jeff Jr: Also, you kind of need to tell the public about your smoking problem.
Daniels: Goddamnit.
Press Conference next day:
Daniels: I would like to announce a few things. First, that a few days ago, my doctor diagnosed me with lung cancer. It is treatable, and they caught it very early. Secondly, my cancer was caused by an addiction to smoking. I believe the public has a right to know. Lastly, I have decided to quit smoking. I know this will not be easy, but I must do it.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
Dallasfan65
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: March 06, 2012, 10:49:56 pm »
Ignore

Portland Press Herald - Poll

Do you approve or disapprove of Governor O'Connor?

Approve: 44%
Disapprove: 36%
Unsure: 20%

Match-ups

Thad O'Connor (Independent): 38%
Thomas Andrews (Democratic): 30%
Henry Joy (Republican): 19%
Other/Undecided: 13%

Thad O'Connor (Independent): 42%
Sean Faircloth (Democratic): 28%
Henry Joy (Republican): 18%
Other/Undecided: 12%

Thad O'Connor (Independent): 31%
Joseph E. Brennan (Democratic): 27%
John McKernan (Republican): 33%
Other/Undecided: 9%

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2816 on: March 07, 2012, 05:14:14 pm »
Ignore

March 24, 1996
Blair House

Dent: Barack.
Barack: Mr. President?
Dent: Would you stay for a moment?
Barack: I'm at your disposal, sir.
Dent: I'm not asking the Chief of Staff. I'm asking you.
Barack: I'm the Chief of Staff.
Dent: Normally I'd say something, but I shall refrain from this... Did I ever tell you how much I always appreciated you? No, I certainly did not. I'm afraid I'm no longer good with this kind of stuff. I'm empty inside.
Barack: I... it's very kind of you, Mr. President.
Dent: Bullsh**t. I've never been kind enough for you. You deserved much higher appreciation, not only for being a very good political operative, but for being a person you are... no, don't tell anything. I feel I won't be able to say anything more, so just trust my word... Hell, what the f**k. I never had a son and never really wanted to. Dents... I'm actually relieved I'm the last one and this line will end with me. We've been on the top since the War of Roses. And every story must come to an end someday... What did I want to say? Yes... if I ever had a son, I wish he'd be just like you, dear chap.
Barack: You have daughters, sir.
Dent: True, but none of them will carry a burden of this accursed name... I can't even say how much I'm proud of Charlotte and she will never know that. She made her name, her life on her own, regardless of who I am and who were my ancestors. I wish we'd our chance together, but we can't make up all those years we were unaware of each other. And I can't change what I've became. And Vicki... I really thought it's a tasteless joke, but she's really back. It's too late for us to make this up too, but the fact she have her life back makes me happy... OK, screw this sh**t.
You see, I've spent my entire life trying to overcome my inherited baggage. Trying to beat the ghost. Excuse my little moment of lack of modesty, but I'm a historical figure already. I've changed this nation and my legacy will live on for years to come. And I've sacrificed everything else in the process.
Was that all really worth of? Look at me. I'm not even 60 yet, but I'm a physical and moral wreck... No, cut the crap off, spare me your good manners of polite denial. There's no consolation in this, but I realized that there are the people, who must carry certain tasks. My regrets, my demons, my ghosts, my past... that doesn't matter when we talk about big picture. I did work I had to. No, I don't believe in destiny or any irrational crap like this. We are just who we are... OK, see you tomorrow.
Barack: ...
Dent: What?
Barack: Mr. President, are you all right?
Dent: Who the f**k you are? My nanny? You're too white to be my nanny. I said, see you tomorrow.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2817 on: March 07, 2012, 05:22:50 pm »
Ignore

March 25, 1996
01.25 PM EST

BREAKING NEWS

This is not official, but multiple sources inside George Washington Hospital has confirmed, that the 43rd President of the United States, Jefferson Dent, has died about twenty minutes ago, after suffering a massive heart attack this morning at the Blair House. He was 57.

Vice President Wargrave is in undisclosed and is expected to take an oath of office shortly, to become 44th President of the United States, once this this tragic event is officially confirmed.

Ready For Hoover '28!
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: March 07, 2012, 05:38:46 pm »
Ignore

Oregon City, Oregon:

A tanned woman who looked to be in her early 30's saw the news.
The nearby bartender gasps.
Bartender: My god, the President!  He's........
Woman: Gone.
Bartender: I thought they were dicking around about his health.  You know how Dent works sometimes.
Woman: Oh too bad.  At least he died in peace, unlike his friends.
Bartender: Well, President Dent never had many friends in my opinion.
Woman: No he didn't.  Hell, I was probably one of his only friends.
Bartender: Quite an overstatement Brea.  The man laughed at your father's death, yet you consider yourself one of his only friends?
Brea: I guess I'm dysfunctional that way...................besides, how can anyone be happy with Lawrence Wargrave becoming president?
Brea Westman Laredo takes a drink.
Brea: Looks like I'm going to be attending a funeral.  Not because I liked the bastard, in fact I hated his guts, but because I have to weep for this country's future.
Bartender: Maybe you'll find a nice guy.
BRea looks over at him.
Brea: Why should I have a "nice guy" when I have you Joey?
Joey Laredo: Yeah whatever.  I forget you Westmans don't like nice people.  So sh*t, do I have to go with you?
Brea: Nah, I wouldn't want to scar you for life by seeing Emperor Wargrave up close.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:52:47 pm by MechaRepublican »Logged

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2819 on: March 07, 2012, 06:02:16 pm »
Ignore

March 25, 1996
Blair House, 01.55 PM EST

Aide: The Vice President will be here in a moment, sir.
Barack: What... I'm sorry, I just still can't reall... (doors opens)
Barack: Mr. Vice President.
Wargrave: (coldly) We will talk later, you can be sure of this.
Barack: Sir?
Ignoring Chief of Staff, the Vice President entered the cabinet room and when he walked out, ignoring Barack again, he was no longer number 2.
Barack: (watching as the door closes) Oh f**k...

Lawrence S. Wargrave (D-FL)
The 44th President of the United States
(March 25, 1996 - present)

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: March 07, 2012, 06:22:43 pm »
Ignore

Daniels and his chief of staff, Joe, are watching the breaking news on TV
Daniels: Wow. He's dead. I can't say I'm surprised though, his heart was never in good shape.
Joe: You probably should put out a statement.
Daniels: Yeah, even though I won't believe half the stuff I say. I mean, yeah, I agreed with him politically and respected his political skills, he was still an asshole.
Joe: You can say that again.
Daniels: And now Voltage Larry is President..... sh**t.
Joe: It's not like it's going to be any different.
Daniels: I guess so.

Daniels issues a statement:
I am deeply saddened by the death of President Dent. The President was a good man, and he was a friend of mine.

Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2821 on: March 07, 2012, 06:53:19 pm »
Ignore

Although most of the politicians are willing to do absolutely anything, including walking over their children corpses, in order to attain this office, there were surely a few examples of those, who became President despite their own desires. And Lawrence Wargrave belonged to this category.

Of course he always enjoyed play, politics power. But he never was interested in a spotlight. Nor, we must confess, in wielding an ultimate responsibility.

His longtime friendship with the deceased predecessor was one of the strongest and, to be honest, weirdest examples of such a relationship. In his better days, Dent had true friends. It was never that personal with Wargrave. Certainly not that personal like with Ted Kennedy, Scott Westman or, more recently, Thad O'Connor. The two, despite numerous sharp differences, were associated together since Yale, helping each other and covering each other ass.

Lawrence Wargrave, AKA "Voltage Larry", was pretty much a political version of Luca Brasi. Luca, Vito Corleone's most ruthless and effective hitman, didn't fear nor respect a living soul, but choose to fear and respect the Don. Wargrave, with his fondness to work behind the scenes and lack of an ultimate ambition, choose to associate himself with Jefferson Dent for better and worse. Of course, the two enjoyed each other company for years, but they were first and foremost a great team.

Imagine Luca Brasi suddenly becoming a Godfather. This is not an underworld, it's a political world. This is not New York, this is Washington, D.C. But try to imagine for a moment... 

Use your imagination...

Ready For Hoover '28!
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: March 07, 2012, 07:07:59 pm »
Ignore

White Fish, Montana
Murphy's Skiing Resort:

The news comes on.  Fletch Murphy sees the news coming on.
There is an audible shock throughout the resort.
He walks out of the office and beams:
"HEY EVERYBODY!  FREE DRINKS ON ME!"
So, God's Greatest Asshole has finally kicked the can?  What a beautiful day.

Ready For Hoover '28!
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: March 07, 2012, 07:14:32 pm »
Ignore

CNN News:

There hasn't been much word from the Westman Family on President Dent's passing, but word is that nobody in the Lake Erie Estate nor in White Fish have been donning the black hat in honor of Dent's passing.  Especially silent have been Westman's father Daniel Westman, and his daughter Brea.  Rachel Westman, Westman's aunt and current US Representative from Buffalo, New York, declined to offer any comment on the passing of Jefferson Dent.
Hopefully soon a representative of the family will offer condolences or thoughts on the passing of the late US President.

Dallasfan65
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: March 07, 2012, 07:34:51 pm »
Ignore

Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts

Thad O'Connor sits pensively at a mahogany, smoke-stained desk, summarizing his long over-due portion of a tax proposal. The sounds of the television had blended together as hour after hour passed, blending into a subtle, barely audible cadence. However, five words served to disrupt the time signature: "The President has just died."

Thad's body whipped around, arising from his chair and rushing towards the television that had all but vanished hours ago. He was greeted by a sullen, teary-eyed news anchor, barely discernable by the rays of the sun that had glossed over the screen. The man shuffled a stack of papers, only to sullenly expound, "We have just received news that the President has died of a heart attack."

Thad fell to his knees, overcome with grief and shock. The normally reticent Thad O'Connor was in rare form: his stone cold veneer had been stripped off, and he was practically naked for all to see. He freely wept into his hands, lamenting the lost opportunities and what had been left unsaid.

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout